SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Phone Case Recommendation - Samsung S23
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phone Case Recommendation - Samsung S23 Login/Join 
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
I've been using Urban Armor (UAG) cases for the last several years. Currently on an S20 and protected it from a couple of drops onto a concrete floor. I'll buy another when I upgrade the phone.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Also, anyone know of a good USB-C to C cable that is like a J at the phone end? My Explorer has a phone cubby in front of the cupholders, but a typical straight cable has to make a J bend to be plugged in, or you have to put the phone in upside down.

https://www.amazon.com/AINOPE-...TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

For what it's worth this cable did NOT work with my S21 and android auto in ANY vehicle. I bought 5 of them and was really disappointed when they didn't work. It connects for about 5 seconds and then disconnects. All 5 exhibited the same behavior. They also wouldn't work with my fast charging blocks, but would for a 1amp block.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like Urban armor Gear cases. I've had one on my last three galaxy phones (currently and S21). They work great - I like the extra protection in the corners - where most screen cracks seem to originate.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
UAG (Urban Armor Gear) have been great cases for me. Have had them on my last 3 phones which were Note 3,8 and 20.

They are about the cost of an Otterbox. But much slimmer and not so clunky. Otterboxes are too grippy for my liking. The UAG has the protection where it's needed but still easily slides in and out of a pocket. The protection around the periphery of the screen and camera is not as good as others but with a glass screen protector I have never taken damage to the actual phone display.

I've dropped this and other phones in these cases many times without issues. Handled with oily hands, wiped down with solvents. No cheap rubber to degrade and flake off, etc.

I'm not sure about their cheaper cases but their top end line has always served me well.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
S23 is going great.
Still haven't gotten a shipping notice from dbrand
Guessing wince the S23 just came out they're ramping up production, expected to get stock end of Feb.

Keeping a tight grip on the phone while not seated until the case comes in.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For vehicle use, I go with Pro Clip. They have many models for different types of phone cases and the mount is tailored to fit into your cars interior. They are pricey but the best I have used. Proclip has 3 mount bases for your Explorer. 2 for the console and one for the dash.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dang, your car has fancy stuff. What's all them buttons and dial for?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I typically use these thin plastic/rubber cases made by Spigen. https://www.spigen.com/collect...wpmMtUEaAogTEALw_wcB

I think I'll soon be upgrading to the S23 from my S20+.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dang, your car has fancy stuff. What's all them buttons and dial for?

Stock photo, but from what's visible in the OP:
Shifter (with Manual mode button in the middle)
Parking Brake
Brake Hold
Auto-Stop
Drive Mode
Traction Control
Hill Descent Control

Big Grin

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used Speck Products cases for over five years now. I currently have a Speck Presidio Grip2 on both my Samsung S22 Ultra and my iPhone 13.

For screen protection, I use a Whitestone Dome glass on my S22 Ultra. Installation is harrowing because it uses a liquid adhesive that cures with an ultraviolet light. But if you get it right it is great.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
S23 is going great.
Still haven't gotten a shipping notice from dbrand
Guessing wince the S23 just came out they're ramping up production, expected to get stock end of Feb.

Keeping a tight grip on the phone while not seated until the case comes in.

They're watching.
Got an email [marketing, not shipping] from dbrand about 20 minutes after the above quoted post.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Case update:

Got the dbrand case in, their packaging is pretty funny,
Case was a bit tough to put on the phone, but is great so far. A bit grippy & pulls out mesh pockets on things like gym shorts, but I really like that it matches the raised profile of the cameras & makes them flush with the case, never liked the wobbly effect the raised lenses had when the phone was on the desk/table.

So far, can definitely recommend dbrand to others. I didn't put the skin on the back since the case covers it up, didn't see the need.

Now to see about a tempered glass screen cover. I'd tried one on my S22, but it was for an iphone & didn't allow any touch on the screen, so it was a no-go. Maybe a Samsung-specific model/brand would work better.