SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Phone Case Recommendation - Samsung S23
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phone Case Recommendation - Samsung S23 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
So, from this thread: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/3030094894

I've got a Samsung S23 on order.
I've not used a case on my last 4 Samsungs & this one had the misfortune of catching a drop just wrong & killing the screen (no display, but still works for touch, oddly. Guessing it killed the backlight).

So, with how much these phones are, I'll be ordering a case for the S23.
My phone goes in my pocket often, so I don't want a bulky nor a grippy case.
Also needs to work with wireless charging.

I know the S23 is brand new, so brand recommendations would work, since I don't think many have the S23 in their hands yet.

Also, anyone know of a good USB-C to C cable that is like a J at the phone end? My Explorer has a phone cubby in front of the cupholders, but a typical straight cable has to make a J bend to be plugged in, or you have to put the phone in upside down.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I just ordered this morning a rockform case for the S23+ I have on order. The new phone was part of dropping ATT. I have had a Rockform for my S10+ for many years and I have other accessories from Rockform so it made sense for me. If you join news letter you can use WELCOME20 code for 20% off. The code most likely will work with out signing up for emails.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I've seen Rokform on a lot of motorcycle channels I watch on YT.
With the coupon code, that's not a bad deal.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I always buy a Spigen phone case. Usually $20 or less and they do the job. I also get a screen protector just in case.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Otterbox Commuter on my last four Galaxy phones

I have dropped them a good bit, zero damage

https://www.verizon.com/produc...or-galaxy-s23-ultra/

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Thanks, I've seen Rokform on a lot of motorcycle channels I watch on YT.
With the coupon code, that's not a bad deal.

I have a car mount and bicycle mount both hold the phone well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also, anyone know of a good USB-C to C cable that is like a J at the phone end? My Explorer has a phone cubby in front of the cupholders, but a typical straight cable has to make a J bend to be plugged in, or you have to put the phone in upside down.

https://www.amazon.com/AINOPE-...TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I have used the dbrand cases on 4 phones. I highly recommend them. Click here!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
We The People Phone Cases. The wife and I have both used them for around 5 years apiece.

https://wethepeopleholsters.co...lections/phone-cases

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

https://www.amazon.com/AINOPE-...TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Still don't think this will work as well. The phone pocket would likely still kink the cord.
Think a coworker has one similar, will try it & see how it works.

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I have used the dbrand cases on 4 phones. I highly recommend them. Click here!

Might go with this one.
Just how grippy is the texture? I'd rather it not pull my pocket out with it every time I need it.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Dbrand is grippy on the hand, but doesn't snag in the pocket. I've carried mine in my jeans front and back pockets, shirt pockets and different pockets in jackets.

I presently have the case and black carbon fiber, my wife has the white carbon fiber. I am considering the tan leather.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Awesome, sounds ideal.
Their site doesn't give a huge detail on the design differences, but the descriptions & phrases are amusing.

Leaning toward matte black or triple black.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Yup, their website is hilarious to read. Wait until you see the packaging when they ship a case and "film" to install on the case. Unless it has changed in the last 11 months.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I have been using this one for awhile now on my new Iphone 13 mini

It's supposed to keep the phone safe from a 10' drop, but I haven't tested it to verify Big Grin

Raptic Shield

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yup, their website is hilarious to read. Wait until you see the packaging when they ship a case and "film" to install on the case. Unless it has changed in the last 11 months.

It looks thin enough, but any issues with wireless charging?

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Otterbox Commuter on my last four Galaxy phones

I have dropped them a good bit, zero damage

Same here, on both accounts.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I always buy a Spigen phone case. Usually $20 or less and they do the job. I also get a screen protector just in case.

I have also had good luck with Spigen, low cost and protect well

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 315 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I have this one with temper glass screen protector. I have dropped my galaxy, nothing broke.

https://www.zizowireless.com/p...psq=s23&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Absolutely no issue using wireless charging.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Absolutely no issue using wireless charging.

[Pre]Ordered one. Due to ship end of Feb, so I'll have to be cautious for 2 weeks.
Went with the matte black. because I'm cheap Big Grin

When I ordered my S21, they told me 2 weeks & I got it in 4 days.
ATT gal said 2/14 estimated delivery, hopefully it's an underpromise/overdeliver situation again.