SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    House Passes Bill for Automatic Military Draft Registration of Young Men Between 18 and 26
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House Passes Bill for Automatic Military Draft Registration of Young Men Between 18 and 26 Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Imagine the draft were active right now.
Every 18-and up, male and female, is eligible for mandatory military service.
Now imagine the brainwashing that would be going on under the current hate-America, hate white people, hate capitalism administration with its lapdog military leaders.
Fuck that.

Posts: 18381 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Also, I think two years service requirement would be a good idea as well.

Every year about 10 million males reach the age of 18 in the US. With 2 years of mandatory service for all of them we'll have a standing army of roughly 20 million. OK, 15 if we are super strict on health/fitness requirements. What are we going to do with an army this big in peacetime?

Posts: 143 | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every year about 10 million males reach the age of 18 in the US. With 2 years of mandatory service for all of them we'll have a standing army of roughly 20 million. OK, 15 if we are super strict on health/fitness requirements. What are we going to do with an army this big in peacetime?

Community service if the military is at full strength. Build roads, clean up litter, demolish abandoned buildings and clean up empty lots. Learn basic trades and help build/repair homes after a natural disaster. Stand guard at the border. Fight wild fires. There's a ton of productive things young people can do.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fly-Sig,

Posts: 9753 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
this issue seems to put the dems in a bit of a pickle

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
quote:
Every year about 10 million males reach the age of 18 in the US. What are we going to do with an army this big in peacetime?

Stand guard at the border.

I like how you think... Big Grin

Of course, we could repel the invasion, if we had the will to do so.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Community service if the military is at full strength. Build roads, clean up litter, demolish abandoned buildings and clean up empty lots. Learn basic trades and help build/repair homes after a natural disaster. Stand guard at the border. Fight wild fires. There's a ton of productive things young people can do.

So, condition them to being slaves of the central state, waste productive years of their life, and attempt trades which they will not have the training to do well.

I do not intend for my children to be the kind of wastrels who would be improved by 2 years of slavery. The crony class is already abusive enough, now that they have seized all of our money - you wish to get them a large standing body of force inside our borders as well?

Our internal enemy is the Ivy League. Not the poor.

Posts: 5929 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is a little fly in that ointment:

quote:
Thirteenth Amendment

Section 1

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

PS. I would never advise my sons to dodge draft for a real military service. But for the servitude you suggest I'd give them a ride all the way to Canada's border and help to cross it.

Posts: 143 | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
^^^ Not to mention the tax bill to put them all on the payroll.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The bill is for young men to be automatically registered. Leave the girls/women out of it. I registered for the draft when I was 18 and it was correct that I did so.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Not to mention the tax bill to put them all on the payroll.
Having a draft doesn't necessarily mean calling many up to serve. Most will be too busy finding an exemption to registration or purposely flunking out of any induction tests. I suspect most won't meet height/weight/PT standards...by a large margin. I hear Canada is opening its borders to draftees.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 9297 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The bill is for young men to be automatically registered. Leave the girls/women out of it. I registered for the draft when I was 18 and it was correct that I did so.

Yep. So did I.

Registration is a prerequisite for a draft, but it's not the draft. And... leave the women out of it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
So, condition them to being slaves of the central state, waste productive years of their life, and attempt trades which they will not have the training to do well.

I do not intend for my children to be the kind of wastrels who would be improved by 2 years of slavery. The crony class is already abusive enough, now that they have seized all of our money - you wish to get them a large standing body of force inside our borders as well?

Our internal enemy is the Ivy League. Not the poor.

100% correct. Every bit of it. This is not about defending our country anymore, it's about protecting the class that runs everything behind the scenes.

Posts: 17673 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Currently only men are required to register. The other 56 genders get a pass.

It's 57, you missed one, but wait until tomorrow for an updated count.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Not a believer in military service for all. As someone currently in, we just don't need anymore problems from people who don't want to be here. The long term costs that no one talks about would be immense. Disability fraud is wide and rampant in many who are actually in the military. Ghost injuries and false claims of PTSD to collect disability and trying to get to the magical number of 100% so they don't have to pay property tax (Florida and Texas grant such exemptions) which effectively subsidizes their property tax bill onto others.

What I would propose is 2 years of work in a country that has true poverty so these kids can understand what true poverty is and understand how privileged they are to be in the United States. Poor in America means subsidized phones, cars, food, housing, etc. Poor in many other countries means you go hungry and cold.

Posts: 13312 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post