SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What brought you to SIGforum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What brought you to SIGforum? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I bought a P250 from a friend and googled Sig forums and here I am.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
A friend won a .45 cal SIG pistol at the Friends of the NRA event.
He had no interest in it, so I agreed to buy it from him thinking it was a P220. Smile
It turned out to be an Sig/Mauser M2 Frown
So I came here to figure out WTF that was.

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
About 15 or so years ago I was watching Jim Scoutten's Shooting USA and they had done a piece on an IDPA match. I thought that looked like a ton of fun. So I decided I needed a 9mm semi-auto pistol to shoot in IDPA. Somehow I learned that the Michigan State Police was equiping it's officers with the SIG P226. So I did a google search on SIG and SigForum came up. I started reading the posts in SIG Pistols section to learn about the P229 that I eventually bought. I stumbled into The Lounge and have been here ever since I signed the waiver.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 519 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a two tone 229/40, went web snooping to know more about it.

Posts: 3645 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
My brother was trying to find some info on the date of his 228 and found the forum. He told me about it.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Not entirely sure....was looking for a good forum with gun owners, and found Sig Forum...I always get good answers here and learn a lot too. So, I enjoy this forum, and appreciate the way Para runs it!

Posts: 1148 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a relative newcomer here, and obviously a low count poster I came over here after some time as a lurker.
Was on S&W when Para was the owner there, so somewhat familiar with how he runs things.
An older guy, I find Sigforum to be fast paced, and the humor and repartee to be very interesting, though a little fast, OK a lot fast! Wink
After a stroke in 2013, thanks to some indifferent followup after a medical procedure, sometimes I find it is just better to observe and learn. Lots of information here, and the leadership let's things flow, though the careful watching of both members and the leadership keeps the internet fools to a minimum!

Jim

Posts: 1353 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I too am a former S&W Forum member. After Para sold it the new owner made some major changes and turned a lot of people off. This is the only gun forum I am on now. It is quite simply the best.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sig.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2872 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
My first Sig and very glad I made the trip.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was contemplating picking up a mk25, googled something or other about it and landed here. I soon realized this was a lot more than your typical gun forum and checking in to read every now and again turned into multiple times a day.

It has been very costly Smile...but like most here, I have had the disease for many years and the only cure is indulging. This place is one of my biggest enablers.

I have the Signess, but I can stop anytime I want. Really, I can.

-Jeff

Posts: 176 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was doing research on hampshire hogs ,using Alta Vista I typed in Sig Forums thinking I had typed pig forums. Being an avid shooting sport enthusiast I stuck around. Thanks Para

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
I typed in Sig Forums thinking I had typed pig forums.
Close enough

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I was trying to catch this little bird and climbed on this catapult I bought from ACME. I pulled the lever and when I woke up, here I was....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Google

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buddy bought a Sig Mosquito. I found this place searching for a solution to its feeding issues.

I hung around and keep reading good things about the 229/9MM. Ended up buying one, which lead to the Signess. I'm still here, since I haven't found a cure yet. Wink

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a glock9 and got confusered.

Posts: 4322 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A question about dissembling a handgun.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billfasttax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Like SapperSteel said. Picked up a P229/9, my very first Sig, and wanted to learn all there was. Google led me here, and the rest is history. Love this place. It wasn't because of the cat picture thread.......

Me, too.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming…......WOW! WHAT A RIDE!

Posts: 768 | Location: North of Atlanta | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a factory nickel P225 from a Ft. Worth police officer and didn't know anything about it. He recommended this place.

Posts: 5342 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post