SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What brought you to SIGforum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What brought you to SIGforum? Login/Join 
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The all you can eat chicken wings offer for tomorrow night.

Is it tomorrow night yet?

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because all my friends were rabid Glock fanboys and I had no one to talk to!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
a P239

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I googled "P250 Compact .45", and I fell from there.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a 229 no rail red box at a local gun show back around 2007/8. I wanted to learn more about what I had so I came here.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Vero 8 thought I need some education about guns and stuff

Posts: 22420 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Google.

I was searching for info on why my CPO SP2340 was busted.

SIG left out both of the hammer box pins.

I then lurked until I posted an epic rant.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I owned a p229 in .357Sig. Bought my first computer and the internet lead me here.

Posts: 721 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Add me to the P239 list. I was researching them and google eventually led me here. Like many others I also lurked for about a year before I joined. This place is most definitely special.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 900 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I bought a 228 and wanted to know more, so I went to the Pistols sections, then the Armorer section. Later I ventured in to other section, and the addiction started.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
My friend Jeff at work told me about his Sig Navy P226 and this forum. That was all it took. Picked up a factory P226 TB shortly thereafter from Ordnance Outsellers and the rest is history. Looking back I should have bought an X-Five TB he recommended!

Posts: 3533 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I was doing some research on SIG handguns and came across links to here.
After lurking for a while, I joined and so it began.

Coincidentally, in 2 days it will be 5 years since I joined.

Smile

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
My first handgun purchase was a P226 in .40. I was a member of forums on other topics so I went looking for a Sig forum to discuss my new purchase.

The forum was blue in those days.

Posts: 2734 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I purchased a MSP trade in P226, it was a 1989 JK stamped 9mm, my first Sig.

Looking for a place to learn more about it, I luckily stumbled into SIGforum. Soon found it to be the best forum on the interwebs.

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
Like most, I was looking for information on Sig as I was looking to buy my first.

Don't even own a Sig anymore, but enjoy the discussions, even if I don't participate much anymore.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking for info on my first semiauto rifle. I bought and still have a fish gill SIG 556. anyone have a good deal on the swiss stocks? Smile

I would sell the thing, but can't be bothered, and don't want to regret selling it later.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Back in the murky mists of history, when the internet was still mostly void and without form, I searched for information on the Sig P-220 and lo and behold was directed to a blue page of knowledge.

At that time it was possible to read every post in each section every day. After lurking for a few months I signed up - several months later the server crashed and I lost my ID and signed up again and have been here since then.

It looked a little something like this:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like many others I was looking for specific information on a SIG I had just bought (X5 Tactical). What made me decide to stay were the discussions on all guns. As my signature states, I'm a recovering 1911 addict and I've learned more in this forum than any other.

The only downside to belonging to this forum is what it has cost me. I've made more unplanned purchases of guns, knives, gear (and watches, can't forget the watches) that I try not to remember. All based on comments and reviews of the forum members.

Probably the most important thing with this forum are the many messages of prayer and offers of assistance throughout the years.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 185 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sig. That brought me here. The Lounge keeps me here.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2105 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One day, a fight of tiny birds- thousands of them- picked me up by my clothing and transported me to this magical place.

Little bastards

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post