SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What brought you to SIGforum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What brought you to SIGforum? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I frankly do not remember how I first came across this forum. I suppose I saw a reference on one of the other boards I was reading. I did not (and still don't) own a SIG.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
Wanted to proclaim my love for my newly acquired p226.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
bought a 226c, while perusing the internet for more info I came across Sig Forum

been checking in ever since

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2034 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I was searching for hookers and blow and was led here.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I don't remember. Honest. Eek

Same here. I think it had to have been Sig related though. Like I wanted to get back into shooting or something.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20023 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
I bought a P229.

Subsequent to that, I was googling some info on it. That Google effort let me to SigForum.

Same thing with me.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1735 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
Interest in a P228 and friend who was an active member of SigForum years ago.

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
A 229 and then a 226. Now I am Sigless, but not for long!

Posts: 675 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
As someone mentioned, it involved the S&W forum. I think I had a 229 also.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
When I was buying my first handgun, I was pretty sure I wanted a Browning Hi Power. As a result, I was reading everything Stephen Camp had written. He had some nice things to say about Sigs, so, thinking I'd like to learn a little more about them, I came over here. That was a lot of dollars ago!

Posts: 640 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

Coincidentally, in 2 days it will be 5 years since I joined.

Smile

Heh, same here apparently. Five years flew by.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I was a member of S&W Forum, which Para also owned back then, and rburg organized an infiltration of S&W guys. No other forum owner like parabellum.

This

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I was a relatively new member on another firearms forum and, after purchasing a P239 and commenting about it there, another poster mentioned SF. I checked it out and signed-up. Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6733 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I had just bought a P225 and wanted to know more about it and via google, came across SF; I lurked for probably a year before joining.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I had a broken hammer return spring on my P220ST. I found the answers to the questions I was seeking, here. I remember that it took a while to gain membership access. I also remember Mars rubbing me the wrong way and getting into a semi-epic battle with him right after joining.

I didn't get my panties in a wad, and I stuck around, and learned how to get along in the sigforum culture. I was in my senior year of college, freshly transitioned out of active service and fresh off an OAF deployment. Several of my classes were online courses, and I was spending a lot of time at a desk. Sigforum was a welcome reprieve from my daily stressors.

A few years later, some of the best people I've never met supported me and my family through some pretty difficult times. I never lurked here. I saw the forum and had to be a part of it. I remember that I was stressed over the process taking so long, and wanting to jump into this community. It's one of the best internet decisions I've ever made. lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13986 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
The thing that first brought me here was my research and eventual purchase of my first handgun, a P226 9mm. That was followed within a few years by a P229 .357SIG and P220ST.

All my SIGs are long gone at this point, primarily forced out by a few 1911s and a serious culling of the collection, but this site continues to have a special relevance for me, even if it's not about SIGs anymore.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought this old West German P226 from my cousin, and fell in love......

I just found the forum out on the interweb, and joined up one day. Great place and I'm still here.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10532 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had just bought a 229 that I was having trouble with (it turned out to have a broken firing pin). I was using google to look for a Sig armour, and Google led me here.

Posts: 2241 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Diogenes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
The P220. I was very impressed, and looking for information. I traded that gun years ago, because I am an idiot.

Posts: 1593 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post