SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nike Poll: Will You Buy Nike Products Anymore?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nike Poll: Will You Buy Nike Products Anymore? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have Never bought a Nike product because of their brand, but I am sure I probably do own a few shirts. I will now avoid them like the plague.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
Well I am a Nike user because they make one of the best shoes for Crossfit. However I’m due a new pair and I will not purchase from Nike anymore. Reebok makes the next best Crossfit shoe, but they did that anti Trump stuff a while back. So that leaves me with just one other choice.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1272 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by delta 2:
Well I am a Nike user because they make one of the best shoes for Crossfit. However I’m due a new pair and I will not purchase from Nike anymore. Reebok makes the next best Crossfit shoe, but they did that anti Trump stuff a while back. So that leaves me with just one other choice.

A crossfit shoe? Now I've heard almost everything.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30411 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Try and do 20 rope climbs in a day with a pair of Brooks. Yeah a Crossfit shoe.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1272 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's crossfit? Big Grin

Posts: 107641 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's crossfit? Big Grin

It’s my preferred way of staying fit. To me nothing more, nothing less. Got into it after a heart attack five years ago.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

I had to look up Crossfit on the web.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not the typical Crossfit person. I’m not going to defend it. Point is there are three companies that make a good shoe for it. Nike was the best one, I’m done buying them.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
I have a problem with wearing anyones Logo.

Maybe its me. I just don't see the point of wearing any logos. Never liked the billboard look.

Stay gray.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m not the typical Crossfit person. I’m not going to defend it.
Hell, I didn't know it even needed defending. Big Grin

crossfit- kinda sounds like a parameter in the construction of bras for large-breasted women. ("New Crossfit support lifts and separates...")

Buuuut, I'm guessing that what you're talking about has nothing to do with that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nike Poll: Will You Buy Nike Products Anymore?

Posts: 27971 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

crossfit- kinda sounds like a parameter in the construction of bras for large-breasted women.

Buuuut, I'm guessing that what you're talking about has nothing to do with that.
Typically Crossfit people are over the top and seem to have some kind of emotional investment to the sport. They get pretty butt hurt if yo say something negative about it. I’m not in that crowd. It’s the same as saying something negative about Alabama football to an Alabama fan.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
I watched a doc on crossfit recently...

Type all A day at the upper levels.

tough as it can get in a stadium/beach event.
Certainly not a joke. you gotta be fit to actually compete at that level.

Boys and girls compete at the same time same field.

They took the dudes rolling Quarry dump truck tires and 6" rope work outs to a commercial level.

cha ching!

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

crossfit- kinda sounds like a parameter in the construction of bras for large-breasted women.

Typically Crossfit people are over the top and seem to have some kind of emotional investment to the sport. They get pretty butt hurt if yo say something negative about it. I’m not in that crowd. It’s the same as saying something negative about Alabama football to an Alabama fan.
So, what are you, like a D cup? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So, what are you, like a D cup? Big Grin
something like that.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
My credit card company emailed me today, someone used my credit card from the west coast for some $200 at Nike.com.

I thought it was pretty ironic.

Posts: 2522 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the last time I bought a Nike branded product. Not for any real reason, but it hadn't met the quality/value threshold for me in the past 10 or so years.

Now, I have an additional reason to avoid them, but we weren't in danger of that.

Really, Nike is hedging their bets. They aren't the "cool" athletic brand right now. Underarmor is the "in" brand. Also stuff like North Face is for winter or cold gear.

Nike needs a new infusion of fresh hype into them. This is all business on their part and we will see how it plays out.

The average person who will be irritated about their ad campaign probably isn't hte person going out and spending thousands on the latest and greatest and most "in fashion" athletic apparel. It is just about knowing your audience.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Never Did.

Never Will.

Now, for Damn Sure Never Will.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post