SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone updated their iPhone to iOS 16?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone updated their iPhone to iOS 16? Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
chellim1, a lot of the updates are for security reasons that are fixes for flaws in the OS. That's why I update when one comes out.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
24 hours in and its working great.
I really like some of the new features

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
24 hours in and its working great.
I really like some of the new features

So do I. I've put a battery level widget and a Tripit Widget on the lock screen. Those two will help me a lot.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I'm currently on 15.0
Do I have any reason to "update"?

IDK, there are over 400 claimed changes...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Waiting for .1 or .2.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Waiting for .1 or .2.
Yes, I usually do wait for a .1 but this one has good reports.

Posts: 45334 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I'm currently on 15.0
Do I have any reason to "update"?

IDK, there are over 400 claimed changes...
Most of which are security patches. Yeah, you need to update.

Posts: 45334 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
When you check the updates page it should also show 15.7 which is security updates.
If you want to wait on 16 to see how things go, do just the 15.7 stuff.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I think you have to do 15.7 first, at least it wouldn't show 16 as an option on my 13 Pro Max until I did the 15.7.

Works good, the home screen change and how messages appear on it is different, the Search button is cleverly hidden from anyone without their reading glasses on at the bottom of the first page, a dumb change IMHO not sure the value of removing the search bar from the top of the page as VTAIL used, so did I, but, it works.

So far so good nothing is problematic...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I think you have to do 15.7 first, at least it wouldn't show 16 as an option on my 13 Pro Max until I did the 15.7.

No, you don't have to do 15.7 first. If you did, they wouldn't have offered you the option to ignore 15.7 and go straight to 16.

I went straight to 16 on both our phones and they're working great. The updates for 15.7 are contained in 16

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought the same, at first. Then I realized that the 15.7 option was fairly noticeable, but scrolling down on the same page revealed the option to go directly to 16, so I used that -- "one stop shopping," instead of stepping to 15.7 and then updating again to 16.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

No, you don't have to do 15.7 first. If you did, they wouldn't have offered you the option to ignore 15.7 and go straight to 16.

I went straight to 16 on both our phones and they're working great. The updates for 15.7 are contained in 16

When I went to update to 16 the option wasn't there to select, it required the 15.7, maybe that changed, that is good to know though when I do the wifes phone.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
The only update mine shows for my SE2020 is 15.7 and for some crazy reason it won’t install successfully. It keeps throwing an error. I’ve tried shutting down and retrying but no joy. I’d keep pulling my hair out over it but I’ve none left.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Finished the 15.7 on the iphone7 and 16 on the iphone 12 yesterday.

Both run fine, and it might be a placebo, but I'm pretty sure my battery life seems to have improved on both phones. I haven't explored what's new with update, but I like the new customizable lock screen on ios 16.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Apple released iOS 16.0.2 update today:

quote:
Apple on Thursday released iOS 16.0.2 for all iPhone users. The update comes with important bug fixes, not only for iPhone 14 owners, but also other models as well. For instance, today’s update fixes an issue that could cause the iPhone 14 Pro’s camera to shake unexpectedly in some apps, while also resolving the persistent copy and paste prompt across the system.

As noted by iPhone 14 Pro users, some third-party apps like Snapchat and TikTok caused the camera to shake and vibrate. Although the official reasons remain unclear, the bug was probably affecting the optical stabilization of the camera lenses.

Another bug that had been annoying iOS 16 users was related to the new copy and paste permission, which asks users whether they want to allow or deny an app to have access to the system clipboard. However, this prompt was constantly appearing to users, even after they had allowed a specific app to access the clipboard.

Both bugs have been fixed with iOS 16.0.2. According to Apple’s release notes, iOS 16.0.2 also fixes VoiceOver-related bugs and display issues affecting some iPhone models. You can read the official changelog below:

This update provides bug fixes and important security updates for your iPhone including the following:

– Camera may vibrate and cause blurry photos when shooting with some third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
– Display may appear completely black during device setup
– Copy and paste between apps may cause a permission prompt to appear more than expected
– VoiceOver may be unavailable after rebooting
– Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 displays after being serviced

https://9to5mac.com/2022/09/22...hake-copy-and-paste/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Apple released iOS 16.0.2 update today:

Why I am waiting for .1 or .2.

GPS not working on the new iPhone 14Pro models is a major fubar, plus the camera vibration issue.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
16 things you can do w IOS16 that you may not have even known about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2oNFC5hA4

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Apple release another iOS 16 update: 16.0.3

quote:
Apple is continuing to fix some of the early bugs affecting iOS 16 as well as the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro. The company is now rolling out iOS 16.0.3, which includes additional bug fixes and performance improvements for notifications, the Camera app, and more.

You can update your iPhone to iOS 16.0.3 by heading to the Settings app, choosing General, then choosing Software Update. The build number for today’s update is 20A392. It’s available for any iPhone that is capable of running iOS 16, which includes the iPhone 8 and newer.

• Incoming call and app notifications may be delayed or not delivered on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
  • Low microphone volume can occur during CarPlay phone calls on iPhone 14 models.
  • Camera may be slow to launch or switch between modes on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
  • Mail crashes on launch after receiving a malformed email.

Today’s update comes after Apple released iOS 16.0.2 toward the end of September. This update addressed the annoying copy-and-paste alerts, the camera shaking problem for iPhone 14 Pro, and more. Apple is also continuing to beta test iOS 16.1 with developers and public beta users, primarily focusing on new features.

One of the biggest things we’re watching for is whether or not iOS 16.0.3 addresses the battery life complaints that are currently flooding in from many iPhone users. As we detailed a couple of weeks ago, iOS 16 has significantly impacted battery life for the majority of iPhone users, including the new iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models.

Spot any changes in today’s release of iOS 16.0.3? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter @9to5Mac. Stay tuned for our full hands-on coverage with the new releases right here at 9to5Mac today and throughout the rest of the week.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/10/10...-available-features/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
And this current thread discusses an iOS 16 Bluetooth bug:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1590021594

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post