SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tractor Supply rethinks Woke
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tractor Supply rethinks Woke Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
TSC may have never set out to go woke, but it is the risk companies take today by going public. Whacked(woke) investment mega-firms, like Blackrock, buy a huge piece of the public stock, demand a seat on the board and start leveraging their weight to push DEI and the alphabet cult. They threaten to tank the stock if they don't get their way, and drag the company through the Leftist PR mud in the process.

In this case, listening to the woke cult caused TSC to lose $2 billion in market cap almost overnight. Knowing their customer base gave the management team the courage to stand up against the evil.

It was just two days ago that I had them remove me from their mailing and vowed to stop doing business there. This is good news, and I hope it is real. Robby Starbuck exposed this, so if he is convinced, that is a great sign.

Posts: 8924 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Rural King stores ‘seem’ pretty good, none close here though.

Posts: 6435 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
Tractor Supply corporate already told us what they think of us.

No one said “Hey, how did that shit turn out for Anheuser-Busch?”.

No one’s head got chopped off in the corporate statement.

The only thing they did was pacify the serfs.

Posts: 16233 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
quote:
As we look forward to celebrating our nation’s independence, we also celebrate our more than 50,000 team members across 2,250 stores >>>> many of whom will be laid off <<<<. Rural communities are the backbone of our nation and what make America great. We are honored to be a part of with them.

Uhhh, This is a Victory! Does this disappoint you somehow? Roll Eyes

Hopefully it's the beginning of a avalanche of actions bringing us back from the abyss to restore some semblance of sanity. The clown world we've been living in for the past few years needs to end...Either by a Purge, the Rapture, or a Comet!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
Tractor Supply corporate already told us what they think of us.

No one said “Hey, how did that shit turn out for Anheuser-Busch?”.

No one’s head got chopped off in the corporate statement.

The only thing they did was pacify the serfs.

Everyone saying it’s a victory, are the people who were in charge of this still in charge?

If they hadn’t lost Two Billion Dollars in market cap, would anything have changed?

There was no purge, no Rapture, no comet.

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
That was then:

https://ir.tractorsupply.com/n...rkplace/default.aspx

"Tractor Supply Recognized for Diversity and Inclusion in the WorkplaceFebruary 07, 2023[/b]
Retailer named to Bloomberg Gender Equality Index for second consecutive year, included on Newsweek’s list of America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity

BRENTWOOD, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Tractor Supply Company(NASDAQ: TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, announced today it has been recognized by two separate entities as a diverse and inclusive workplace. For the second consecutive year, the Company exceeded the threshold for inclusion on the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, while Newsweek featured Tractor Supply on its inaugural list of America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity.

“Our deeply rooted Mission and Values are the foundation of who we are as an organization. They dictate that Tractor Supply prioritize a safe, respectful and inclusive work environment that values diversity of thought and perspective,” said Melissa Kersey, executive vice president and chief human resources officer at Tractor Supply. “We are honored that by adhering to our long-held standards, we continue to be among the top tier globally for gender equality and are recognized as a place where diversity is valued and appreciated.”

America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity

Newsweek’s inaugural list of America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity was determined through an independent study conducted in cooperation with Plant-A Insights Group. The study featured three phases, including a survey of HR leaders to determine key drivers for current and future employee satisfaction, a collection of over 350,000 company reviews from employees of U.S.-based companies with more than 1,000 employees, and a massive desk research project to identify the diversity ratio of management, the presence of a diversity and ESG report, and other DEI factors.

Tractor Supply’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council, led by President and CEO Hal Lawton, oversees various diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives which center on Team Members, customers, suppliers, communities and creating a welcoming environment for all.

Newsweek’s winning companies span six main economic sectors and 34 industries. For the complete list of companies, visit https://www.newsweek.com/ranki...laces-2023-diversity.

Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI)

One of the major players in the game:

https://www.bloomberg.com/prof...nder-equality-index/

Posts: 559 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Feel better now?

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tractor Supply's Headquarters is located in Brentwood TN. Williamson County voted 62.2% for Trump in 2020. In 2022, Brentwood TN had a population of 44,800 people and a median household income of $181,576.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4351 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I only went in a Tractor Supply place once; I let them know what a breath of fresh air it was to hear country music playing on the PA system. We don’t own horses, don’t have pets; my wife does a little gardening; I bought a set of wrenches from them. So I’m not the kind of customer who spends a lot of money there; but I sort of wish I had a reason to.

Posts: 18437 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

For those who don't know, Tractor Supply is kinda like a blend between a hardware store, auto parts store, and pet store. Their stores really only exist in semi-rural or rural (read: conservative) areas, and they cater primarily to farmers/ranchers and country homeowners. Not exactly the typical Pride/DEI audience.

And then there's Rural King, similar, but much bigger and with guns. Big Grin

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It seems many people changed to Rural King (where available) because of TS's woke policy support.

Its nice to see a plainly stated restoration of TS's priorities.

Posts: 16233 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Strange. Never heard of this woke crap until I read this thread. I shop there quite often. Why would they think this was a good idea to begin with?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I never knew Tractor Supply was ever "woke."

Me either. It really surprises me that they ever were, considering that they're a farm/ranch supply store that really only exists in rural (conservative) areas. And they're headquartered near Nashville, Tennessee.

You gotta know your target customers. Otherwise, you're going to end up like Bud Light.

Corporations have CFOs, CEOs etc..that’s where the woke bullshit gets in. The gal behind the counter in BFE Idaho doesn’t give one shit about DEI or PRIDE BS, she’s just trying to make a living. I hope that Tractor supply purges their leadership of the trash that comes up with these ideas.

this, and HR dept's,

once you get above a certian tier in the company, you usually find no one has really worked in the stores or seen the customers, except maybe on a
store visit with other corporate management

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10606 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Their stores are not just located in rural areas. Looking at Google maps and searching Florida from I-4 South reveals half of their stores are in the most populated areas of the State. Many of those areas are Democrat strongholds, so maybe the higher ups at TSC thought a little virtue signaling would boost their market share in those areas and the rest of us wouldn't notice.

Count me in the camp that didn't have a clue until this thread.

I like their marine wheel bearing grease, by the case, their 2.5 gallons of 50% glyphosate, dog food, bought my last pair of jeans there, etc. They have trailer parts. I'd have bought the 2,000lb trailer axle w/hubs they have, but it wasn't galvanized. If they had had two of the trailer tires and wheels I needed, I'd have bought those as well. Their prices were within a few bucks of etrailer.com, so not bad.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
TSC has ~20 stores or so to every 1 Rural King and ~30 to every Atwood’s.
And 13 Billion in yearly revenue…

So I consider this a pretty good win… a fairly high profile company publicly admits their mistake. At it didn’t take them long to correct their mistake. Too bad the big shot who actually generated the idea probably didn’t get canned.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I got a email this week from the and it had something about doing stuff for Veterans

Posts: 13052 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
We have a Rural King, Running's, and Tractor Supply all within about a mile of each other on the same road. Tractor Supply has been here forever. I shop there for welding supplies, vaccines for our dog, straw bales, chain saw chains, and mower belts...stuff like that.

Running's started out as Big R about 12 years ago, but has gone out of business 3 times. They came back as Stock & Field, then RP Home Store, and now finally Running's. Every iteration of that place has carried guns and reloading supplies, so I like having them around, but based on their history I'm not optimistic about their longevity.

Rural King came in about 3 or 4 years ago. They have guns and ammo, but no reloading stuff, and buying a gun there is a process almost as painful as Wal-Mart. People love it, but I personally find it to be the most "big corporate" feeling of the three, and a lot of their store-branded stuff is cheap junk.

Posts: 9302 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

And then there's Rural King, similar, but much bigger and with guns. Big Grin

I guess that's like what we have here; Murdoch's. Nice stores (albeit fairly costly).

Posts: 5784 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
I got a email this week from the and it had something about doing stuff for Veterans

Maybe it's this program, which is now advertised on Fox News:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/...account/herobenefits

Did this veteran's program start when the DEI crap ended, or has it always been offered?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 16030 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I’m kinda neutral on Tractor Supply, usually it’s dog food, sometimes more.

I will say, looking at their customer base, better to leave the woke nonsense in the trash can.

We get our dog food there, this was the first I'd heard of it.
On occasion, I'll remember something when making a dog food run & grab a small part or something while there.
Was also able to get a new starter solenoid for my Midget there [tractor part, on recommendation from the MG forum].

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
I guess that's like what we have here; Murdoch's. Nice stores (albeit fairly costly).

I was kind of under the impression that Murdoch's was fairly local to this neck of the woods. Apparently not.

Decent stores and decent prices (at least around here). Their gun/reloading department is rather anemic though.

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post