SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tractor Supply rethinks Woke
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tractor Supply rethinks Woke Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
https://tinyurl.com/4e5vyknh

"Tractor Supply Company Statement
June 27, 2024
For more than 85 years, Tractor Supply has been focused on one thing…serving Life Out Here. Every day our 50,000 Team Members take care of our customers like family. We deeply value our relationship with our customers and the communities we call home.

We are passionate about being good neighbors in our hometowns because without you, we would not be what we are. It is imperative to us that our customers’ hard-earned dollars are taking care of our Team Members and the communities we all love. As you supported us, we have invested millions of dollars in veteran causes, emergency response, animal shelters, state fairs, rodeos and farmers markets. We have also invested in the future of rural America. We are the largest supporter of FFA and have longstanding relationships with 4-H and other educational organizations.

We work hard to live up to our Mission and Values every day and represent the values of the communities and customers we serve. We have heard from customers that we have disappointed them. We have taken this feedback to heart.

Going forward, we will ensure our activities and giving tie directly to our business. For instance, this means we will:

No longer submit data to the Human Rights Campaign
Refocus our Team Member Engagement Groups on mentoring, networking and supporting the business
Further focus on rural America priorities including ag education, animal welfare, veteran causes and being a good neighbor and stop sponsoring nonbusiness activities like pride festivals and voting campaigns
Eliminate DEI roles and retire our current DEI goals while still ensuring a respectful environment
Withdraw our carbon emission goals and focus on our land and water conservation efforts
We will continue to listen to our customers and Team Members. Your trust and confidence in us are of the utmost importance, and we don’t take that lightly.

As we look forward to celebrating our nation’s independence, we also celebrate our more than 50,000 team members across 2,250 stores. Rural communities are the backbone of our nation and what make America great. We are honored to be a part of them.

We are always here and ready to serve you and your family with our legendary service for the life you love. See you in the stores"

https://thedirect.com/article/...sy-boycott-explained

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck

See new posts
Conversation
Robby Starbuck
@robbystarbuck

"A massive victory and a massive turning point in the fight to end wokeness in the workplace, dismantle DEI and eliminate ESG:

My team and I have spent so much time on this story to bring sanity back to corporate America and I can’t tell you how pleased I am to see this response from
@TractorSupply

This response will have major ripple effects across corporate America as they begin to fear being the next company where customers find out about their woke policies. Don’t ever let anyone make you feel small, we the people have the power to create the nation we want to live in. We just have to speak up and remember that we’re the people who these companies need to survive, not Blackrock, not State Street, not Vanguard, not the HRC, US. We matter and our voices are powerful. Thank you for fighting for sanity with me. Our work has only just begun!"

Posts: 16152 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I never knew Tractor Supply was ever "woke."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 28586 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Let the pendulum swing like Molly Hatchet's battle ax!

Hoping for a trend.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Most excellent news about one of my favorite stores! Wink

https://twitter.com/robbystarb.../1806423481283924210

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Me either. It really surprises me.

For those who don't know, Tractor Supply is kinda like a blend between a hardware store, auto parts store, and pet store. Their stores really only exist in semi-rural or rural (read: conservative) areas, and they cater primarily to farmers/ranchers and country homeowners. Not exactly the typical Pride/DEI audience.

You gotta know your target customers. Otherwise, you're going to end up like Bud Light.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I was shocked when my YouTube recommendations included a video describing how Reactor Supply had gone woke. I was dumbfounded. At least now they've corrected their course. Still wonder how the hell it happened in the first place. Some heads need to roll.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16505 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I have one near a place I own. Next time I am there I will let them know I appreciate them for that and will patronize them. I like their store.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Me either. It really surprises me that they ever were, considering that they're a farm/ranch supply store that really only exists in rural (conservative) areas. And they're headquartered near Nashville, Tennessee.

You gotta know your target customers. Otherwise, you're going to end up like Bud Light.

Corporations have CFOs, CEOs etc..that’s where the woke bullshit gets in. The gal behind the counter in BFE Idaho doesn’t give one shit about DEI or PRIDE BS, she’s just trying to make a living. I hope that Tractor supply purges their leadership of the trash that comes up with these ideas.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11439 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
Agree 100%. This has very little to do, if anything, with frontline employees and their managers. It is all at the corporate level.

Posts: 221 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
This is indeed a good turn of events. I only recently hear about them being woke.

Next question… what about another store I really like — CAL Ranch? Hell, I’ve bought a gun from CAL Ranch. I sure hope they’re not woke. Lol

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1727 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Good. They are back on the list of local brick/mortar that I will patronize. And perhaps even give preference.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too little, Too late around here. Their local store is closed and empty. If they want to start over it will probably take some serious effort on their part. All of my business goes to ACE hardware as they have never faltered as far as I know.

Posts: 231 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
If you live near an Atwoods, you'll go throw rocks at Tractor Supply.

Atwoods is a regional chain and I greatly prefer them.

There ARE alternatives.

Posts: 11964 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
If you live near an Atwoods, you'll go throw rocks at Tractor Supply.

Atwoods is a regional chain and I greatly prefer them.

There ARE alternatives.

Agreed. But there's a Tractor Supply about 2 minutes from my house, whereas it's 45 minutes to Atwoods.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
As we look forward to celebrating our nation’s independence, we also celebrate our more than 50,000 team members across 2,250 stores >>>> many of whom will be laid off <<<<. Rural communities are the backbone of our nation and what make America great. We are honored to be a part of with them.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of Atwoods . TS about 15 minutes away .

Posts: 4234 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m kinda neutral on Tractor Supply, usually it’s dog food, sometimes more.

I will say, looking at their customer base, better to leave the woke nonsense in the trash can.

Posts: 6377 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tractor Supply corporate already told us what they think of us.

No one said “Hey, how did that shit turn out for Anheuser-Busch?”.

No one’s head got chopped off in the corporate statement.

The only thing they did was pacify the serfs.

Posts: 557 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That was then:

https://ir.tractorsupply.com/n...rkplace/default.aspx

"Tractor Supply Recognized for Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
February 07, 2023
Retailer named to Bloomberg Gender Equality Index for second consecutive year, included on Newsweek’s list of America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity

BRENTWOOD, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Tractor Supply Company(NASDAQ: TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, announced today it has been recognized by two separate entities as a diverse and inclusive workplace. For the second consecutive year, the Company exceeded the threshold for inclusion on the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, while Newsweek featured Tractor Supply on its inaugural list of America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity.

“Our deeply rooted Mission and Values are the foundation of who we are as an organization. They dictate that Tractor Supply prioritize a safe, respectful and inclusive work environment that values diversity of thought and perspective,” said Melissa Kersey, executive vice president and chief human resources officer at Tractor Supply. “We are honored that by adhering to our long-held standards, we continue to be among the top tier globally for gender equality and are recognized as a place where diversity is valued and appreciated.”

America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity

Newsweek’s inaugural list of America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity was determined through an independent study conducted in cooperation with Plant-A Insights Group. The study featured three phases, including a survey of HR leaders to determine key drivers for current and future employee satisfaction, a collection of over 350,000 company reviews from employees of U.S.-based companies with more than 1,000 employees, and a massive desk research project to identify the diversity ratio of management, the presence of a diversity and ESG report, and other DEI factors.

Tractor Supply’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council, led by President and CEO Hal Lawton, oversees various diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives which center on Team Members, customers, suppliers, communities and creating a welcoming environment for all.

Newsweek’s winning companies span six main economic sectors and 34 industries. For the complete list of companies, visit https://www.newsweek.com/ranki...laces-2023-diversity.

Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI)

One of the major players in the game:

https://www.bloomberg.com/prof...nder-equality-index/

Posts: 16152 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Never heard of Atwoods .

Doesn't look like they have any stores down your way. Mainly Central/Northeastern Texas, Central/Eastern Oklahoma, and Arkansas.

Bomgaars, Blain's, and Fleet Farm are other similar options, which are mainly in the Midwest.