SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which rotary tool for grinding and polishing? Dremel-brand or others?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which rotary tool for grinding and polishing? Dremel-brand or others? Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I can’t imagine how you’d efficiently use a little bitty dremel tool to clean garden tools. Confused

But I confess to very rarely polishing my shovel.

Posts: 26949 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Dremel that's about 10 years and it has held up really well. I don't know about the quality of new ones, but would buy that one in a heartbeat.

I can tell you this much though, the new Dremel cutting diamond cutting wheels and stuff are expensive, but they're an animal and will cut through stuff that will really surprise you.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neel:
Foredom is the best but if you're not making money with it, it's hard to justify the cost of owning one.

I would buy a used one. They also hold their value well and can be later sold for what you paid for it.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post