SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever get to the point where nothing interests you anymore?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever get to the point where nothing interests you anymore? Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
I am officially there. I have or have had damn near every gun I have ever wanted. There is nothing new besides the same plastic fantastic by another maker. Last gun I picked up was a Steyr L9. It is meh and nothing more. I still love my little mouse guns when I can pick them up for a decent price. Other than those nothing! Maybe I'll take up knitting? Frown

I should add this is in relation to firearms.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: p08,

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, and I probably never will. You have good problems!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of feel that way about everything.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the symptoms of clinical depression.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Quality over Quantity.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
One of the symptoms of clinical depression.
It's also symptomatic of being alive for decades.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
True.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's a saying- "Only boring people get bored" and as far as I'm concerned, that's utter horse shit. Everyone experiences boredom to some degree in their life. There's a somewhat broad scope of subjects which interests me, but even the most interesting things have their limits and even the most intellectually active people take breathers.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
There is a whole lot about so much that I just don’t have an interest in anymore. When it comes to guns, I am ALWAYS interested, but at this point there are really only two guns I really would like to have. I want a .44 magnum pistol and lever action rifle to go with it. Beyond that I have all the guns I want.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
For me ... no. Now that I am in the older half of my 60s I am still interested in nearly everything. I have a mind that needs to learn at least one new thing everyday.

Just like a variety of things in life ... I am just wired that way.

I am also wired having a warrior spirit dealing with my health issues. My MO is pleased with how well I am doing as compared to others he is treating in my same condition. He agrees that my attitude plays a big part.

Guess I am the redheaded stepchild in this thread ... everything interests and fascinates me.

Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Some background. I have been a small ffl dealer since 1989. In that time I have bought, shot and sold many hundreds of different guns. I still like them and still shoot weekly, but there is nothing new anymore! We now have many overpriced 1911's which I love and am glad I got my Baers when they were $1200. But how many fucking plastic frame guns can you own before they are all the same? I stopped buying Lugers. P-38's, GI 1911's etc.... years ago. Someone needs to com out with something exciting!

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Are you asking only with respect to guns?

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
There's a saying- "Only boring people get bored" and as far as I'm concerned, that's utter horse shit. Everyone experiences boredom to some degree in their life. There's a somewhat broad scope of subjects which interests me, but even the most interesting things have their limits and even the most intellectually active people take breathers.

^^^^^

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Occam's razor.

Man is talking about guns.

Figure he is talking about being bored with guns.

Simple.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I think the wanting is sometimes more satisfying than the having. Maybe you just have to come up with new things to want, even if it is a different hobby to explore.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
For me ... no. Now that I am in the older half of my 60s I am still interested in nearly everything. I have a mind that needs to learn at least one new thing everyday.

I am also wired having a warrior spirit dealing with my health issues. My MO is pleased with how well I am doing as compared to others he is treating in my same condition. He agrees that my attitude plays a big part.

Guess I am the redheaded stepchild in this thread ... everything interests and fascinates me.

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Occam's razor.

Man is talking about guns.

Figure he is talking about being bored with guns.

Simple.

Okay ... just guns.

My above response still remains the same.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:

Smile

I identify with that.

I just learned of a model rocket club nearby.

I'm in! Smile Sounds very interesting.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:

Smile

I identify with that.

I just learned of a model rocket club nearby.

I'm in! Smile Sounds very interesting.

Damn ... me too !

Love model rockets, especially when sending them so high must notify the FAA. Even better if have to notify NASA ! Smile

The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I'be been there for a few years now. Especially after spending a few years working in the Godforsaken gunshop. All the same crap, day after day. Every once in awhile the monotony of new guns was broken by a widow or relative bringing in a shoe box, or paper bag with an old really interesting gun. Usually a revolver.

Since I got my only striker fired plastic gun, a shield 45, it has been exacerbated. Yea, its accurate enough and reliable to date. But its ugly, with a lousy trigger. No soul. Nothing that makes me like it. No interest in writing about it or talking about it. What is there to say?

I'm hoping to break the malaise when I get the new 3 inch Colt Python. Wink I already ordered a case of 38s and a few boxes of 357. Now that is an interesting, beautiful handgun. Worthy of praise and discussion. A throw back to past. When gunmakers sought to turn out a product that was not only fit, finished, reliable and accurate - but asthetically pleasing as well. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
There is only one thing that I can think of that interests me anymore. Long barrel handguns, I have two old S&W revolvers a 686 and a nickel 29 with 8 3/8" barrels. Not really even to shoot, but just to look at.