SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever get to the point where nothing interests you anymore?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever get to the point where nothing interests you anymore? Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
What area of IL. are you living in?

Posts: 4628 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Nah, too many interests/passions/hobbies. I don't have enough time or money for them all. Just happy to be alive and thank God every day for that.

As it pertains to firearms..... I still need lots of glass, and a few more that I want but this will take time.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Do you have a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun? If not then you are missing out on a lot of fun.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Stop lecturing the members here.

I'll work on it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting thread. I am 44 years old and have felt like nothing interests me at various times. I certainly don't get nearly excited about anything such as I used to when I was younger.

I think Para's statement above makes an awful lot of sense. I think our expectations for life have gotten out of hand. We have collectively forgotten what it is like to just scrape out a living and take far too much for granted. All of this idle time and we run out of ways to keep our minds occupied.

Back in college, there was a guy from Ireland who was part of a pilot training program for Aer Lingus. The conversation got around to what we all wanted in life. This guy's response has always stuck with me..."I just want a small home and a motor bike." That was it. That was the pinnacle. He would be satisfied and happy with that.

In a way I was kind of jealous of him, and I still am to a degree. I have a small, but nice home and a Ducati, plus a lot of other things and it is never enough. I think a big part of the problem for me is I just need to be more thankful for what I have and learn to get more out of the simple pleasures and freedoms that I so readily take for granted. It is kind of a mindset thing for me.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I thought I was done till I saw the P365 XL without the safety. So I bought one. Big Grin
Then when I thought I was real done when I saw the P320 X Five. So I bought one. Cool
This is of course not having bough a gun in several years. Frown
Now I think I am done. Wink

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never, at 82 still have interest in new things, like Astronomy and watching the James Webb space telescope set up and can’t wait to see what it discovers. If you get to the point nothing interests you any more, you might consider living in a cave. Big Grin

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
I played golf 2 times a week for a summer thinking I'd get decent. Nope got worse!

Lol, yeah, I can relate to that. Fair enough.

quote:
I did bow hunt, but after 2 rotator cuff surgeries that ended that. I think I'll have to buy me a toy car to drive in the summer.

Ouch! Also have shoulder problems and can relate there, too. Got my son his first "real" bow for Christmas and when the weather clears up, I need to get the three of us out to a range somewhere. I haven't shot my bow in years and it was tuned for a 65lb draw weight. Shoulder and serious health problems have me thinking I'll be able to pull maybe half that. Ugh.

Maybe chess? Play guitar? I find I have to rotate through hobbies. I go at them obsessively to burnout, then move to another, then another, then eventually come back around.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am officially there. I have or have had damn near every gun I have ever wanted. There is nothing new besides the same plastic fantastic by another maker. Last gun I picked up was a Steyr L9. It is meh and nothing more. I still love my little mouse guns when I can pick them up for a decent price. Other than those nothing! Maybe I'll take up knitting? Frown

I should add this is in relation to firearms.

It sounds like Forum members are taking this deeper than you intended. All you posts in the thread “nothing interests me” are about the fact that you’ve owned every firearm you ever wanted and nothing new excites you. Can you agree that otherwise you’re alright?

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I don’t shoot very often, I still find interest in different guns I’d like to own. Maybe they were made famous in a movie or have some historical significance. So there is always that temptation.

I’ve done photography for the majority of my life and that ebbs and flows. I decided, at 53, to really dive back in and challenge myself to try new photo tasks, styles, etc. I’m going to try my hand at landscape, architectural and astrophotography.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It sounds like Forum members are taking this deeper than you intended.
Well, when you love someone, sometimes the passion overtakes you.

I'd say let that sink in, but that's probably a bit much...

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
In four pages of posts someone has mentioned pretty much everything I was going to say.

Like several here, I tend to be cyclic, both from fading and resurging interest and from seasonal aspects.

I literally can't recall the last time I went shooting just to shoot. Couple of factors in play here: I can't abide clubs with all their rules and fees and self-appointed sheriffs, so I shoot on private land. My favorite spot to shoot is no longer available because somebody even more anti-social than I am built a friggin' house in the middle of it (an old gravel pit).

The other thing is shooting alone is boring and there are DAMN few people I care to shoot with. The ones there are have moved away or are busy with their own lives and have no time.

Finally, there's my tendency to be a dilettante. I dip my toe in any number of things but when it comes time to get serious about it, I can't be bothered. As long as it's fun, I'm in. When it starts feeling like work, I'm off on another tangent.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I'm bored with guns, haven't shot any of mine probable close to a year haven't touched my reloader either. I have a nice boat go crabbing, deep sea and salmon fishing. when that bores me, I will switch to something else.

Posts: 5598 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
As soon as I get bored, my cows find or make a new hole in the fence so I gotta go herd them back in and fix the fence where they got out. I think they do it on purpose just so I don't get bored.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Staying in firearms, I've hit that point quite a bit in the pandemic. None of the regular stuff I can afford interests me, very little of the old stuff that use to be affordable (ie: used S&W TSW guns) I can't find, and the ones I really want (2011, high end AR pistol, AUG or Tavor) I can't afford. That's before looking at ammo prices to keep the wee beasties fed.

On the plus side, I'm paying off more of my bills with the gun money I'm not using. There's good and bad.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've been in firearms since I was around 5 years old and reloading since I was 9.

I've never been bored with either. I go different ways and learn about a new aspect of both on a fairly regular basis.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I understand what you're saying. I have felt that way at times.

I find that simple pleasures are now the best:

A good warm bed to sleep in...

Mrs. Angus lying next to me...

a good cup of coffee...

a great bottle of wine...

cool weather and light winds...

a great live band in some hole in the wall...

a fine meal...

I think sometime we grow bored because we aim too high for pleasure.

So I guess I have grown interested in small pleasures.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
99% of the new stuff that is being introduced now I have no interest in. Nothing new interests me anymore.

What I have found an interest in are guns from the 1970's. I have no idea why, but a semi-auto or a revolver from that era is much more interesting to me than anything new.

Oddly enough it's the same with me and motorcycles. The technology is the best it's ever been right now, but I'm more excited about a Honda from the 1970's.

Finally, movies are the same way. I seek out 70's movies that I have not seen (there are not many) and I have zero interest in the new movies.

I guess I was just born in the wrong decade. I need to be back in the 70's

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
99% of the new stuff that is being introduced now I have no interest in. Nothing new interests me anymore.

What I have found an interest in are guns from the 1970's. I have no idea why, but a semi-auto or a revolver from that era is much more interesting to me than anything new.

Oddly enough it's the same with me and motorcycles. The technology is the best it's ever been right now, but I'm more excited about a Honda from the 1970's.

Finally, movies are the same way. I seek out 70's movies that I have not seen (there are not many) and I have zero interest in the new movies.

I guess I was just born in the wrong decade. I need to be back in the 70's

For you my friend: “On any Sunday“ Narrated by Steve McQueen … go watch it (again).

(I think I saw it on YouTube not too long ago)

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post