SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stories to share at a later date ,maybe at the Sig Forum weekend retreat because they are way to long.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stories to share at a later date ,maybe at the Sig Forum weekend retreat because they are way to long. Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well, lets see...there was that time a Mexican cartel hit man mistook me for his intended target and...…

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Let me tell you of the hot August night when I was trapped in a grain elevator with Puddles Pity Party and Morgan James.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The time I was sure that I was going to die!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
So there I was again, in a Bangkok hotel, with a road flare up my butt, in a two piece bikini, and only 17 cents to my name...

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The biggest payout I got playing the powerball

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
One of the most interesting story subjects in my life and others are hearing individual NDE (near-death-experiences) I know in my life I've had a few, the type that you go dark maybe injury, illness, disease and thru some intervention come back to the world of living and/or consciousness. Very sobering reflections.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My daughter asked “Dad can you come and get me?”
“Where are you?”
“At the hospital.”
“Why are you at the hospital?”
“Well. I was in jail and then got bit by the bat.”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
That time we were camping in the woods at night and giant trees began mysteriously falling around us.

(The story's not that long, but I didn't want to interrupt the thread.)

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 1971, alone in garage, nobody home. Siphoned gas out of my 69 Corvette (large gas filler hole straight into gas tank) as had water in tank. Reached in to wipe out few remaining drops of water in corner of tank. Couldn't get my hand out of gas tank.

Posts: 265 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About the time I let a prisoner escape from from a stockade work detail and got promoted.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
The time I got a lifetime ban from the campus of Bentley College.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went down to the firehouse at lunch to drop off my share of the money for the guns we were buying from the Russians.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
The time I rode shotgun on a barge collecting bodies after Katrina, watching for 'gators.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After sun goes down and the supper has settled,

I'd request a story about a kid in the East Texas Piney woods

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was parked with my best girl, when a report came over the radio that Ben, the one armed killer had escaped from the insane asylum.....

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't we have a member here at one time
that had a considerable amount of time
In the military as a bomb disposal
Team leader ?

I bet he could fill up a week end
with stories.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Hope you can find someone to tell some stories. My Uncle would tell some pretty interesting stories after he had a few drinks. I was a kid and easily impressed. Those were good times. I am sure we have a budding Mark Twain somewhere on the Forum.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
When I was down in the West Texas town of El Paso, I fell in love with a Mexican girl.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
^^^ Felina? I met her sister. She kept telling me to come a little bit closer. Big Grin

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the day I actually made a difference , In Mesa , at the Fry's grocery store.