SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stories to share at a later date ,maybe at the Sig Forum weekend retreat because they are way to long.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stories to share at a later date ,maybe at the Sig Forum weekend retreat because they are way to long. Login/Join 
posted
Para's "Dear Diary"
thread prompted this.

A simple sentence is what I am
looking for,
That we can bring up
While we are sitting around the camp fire, enjoying a root beer or lemonade .

Example:
1. The time I was in the Denver Hospital e. r. at 2 a.m.

2. The time a car hit me while I was riding my bike.

3. Dad and I fishing in the Mississippi back water.

Again ,
This is not a story thread,
This is a

Remind me to tell you about ________thread.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good idea bendable. Your story lines need to be more interesting. You know like when I was alone with Miss Iowa at the county fair and her boyfriend showed up. or The time I got my toe stuck in the tub faucet and nobody was home. Just kidding

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
It wasn't Miss Iowa, it was Miss S. Carolina, and her boyfriend is probably still looking for her.

More or less interesting?

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There was this one time, at band camp

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:... it was Miss S. Carolina, and her boyfriend is probably still looking for her. ...

Well, if America had more maps, her boyfriend could have found her, and such as...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
It was a dark and stormy night...

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of 'Throw Momma from the Train'

"The night was dark & humid"......(maybe am mis-remembering it)

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4. The night we slept in Yosemite with all the glass and no other campers

5. The night I woke up in Santa Barbara because I couldn't breathe

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
1. That day I slid some 30 to 40 feet down Mt. Hood.

2. Or the always fun morning I woke up in a pasture, covered in dew and surrounded by cattle.

3. ... and the girl I was on a date with that lost her clothes getting untangled from a barbed wire fence.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Well, if America had more maps, her boyfriend could have found her, and such as...

Some people out there don't have map, such as everywhere like, such as

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Shaka, when the walls fell.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
After losing over $14 million, all I could do was go home and sleep like a baby.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Those times I almost died....

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Two words: Morgan Fairchild.....yeah, that's the ticket....

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
The time I unlawfully carried a loaded firearm into a federal building..

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That time I was minding my own business, chasing lizards and the trees five feet from me started falling apart from machine gun fire

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
That time I was accused of being a serial killer in a small South American town.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
A beginning is a very delicate time.

(Know then that it is the year 10,191. The known universe is ruled by the Padisha Emperor Shadam the fourth, my father. In this time the most precious substance in the universe is the spice mélange…)

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

Believe it or not, that is one sentence to open "A tale of two cities."

And then there is discussion over the fire... Root Beer... Lemonade...

Somebody gets peanut butter on somebody's chocolate...

And finally, “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.”

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I was so innocent the day I met John Wayne Gacy. Wow that sounded creepy. BTW, I was still innocent afterwards too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigfest,

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post