SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today is Texas Independence Day
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today is Texas Independence Day Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The eyes of Texas are upon you, all the live long day!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Three cheers for Texas!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Test1968:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Where is that statue?

Off IH-45 at Huntsville

Thanks.

I hope to get over to Huntsville this spring to pay my respects, once more. I was there many decades ago, and need to go again.

Just don't pick up any hitchhikers around the area.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Wilberforce
posted Hide Post
Hurrah for Texas!

"We, therefore, the delegates with plenary powers of the people of Texas, in solemn convention assembled, appealing to a candid world for the necessities of our condition, do hereby resolve and declare, that our political connection with the Mexican nation has forever ended, and that the people of Texas do now constitute a free, Sovereign, and independent republic, and are fully invested with all the rights and attributes which properly belong to independent nations; and, conscious of the rectitude of our intentions, we fearlessly and confidently commit the issue to the decision of the Supreme arbiter of the destinies of nations."

http://www.lsjunction.com/docs/tdoi.htm

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV

Posts: 186 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 22, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Wilberforce
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could.

Same here. Big Grin

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV

Posts: 186 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 22, 2013Report This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
God bless TEXAS....

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Report This Post