SIGforum
Today is Texas Independence Day

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8970033024

March 02, 2017, 08:43 PM
rduckwor
Today is Texas Independence Day
The eyes of Texas are upon you, all the live long day!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
March 02, 2017, 11:15 PM
tigereye313
I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could.

March 02, 2017, 11:20 PM
jhe888
Three cheers for Texas!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
March 02, 2017, 11:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Test1968:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Where is that statue?

Off IH-45 at Huntsville

Thanks.

I hope to get over to Huntsville this spring to pay my respects, once more. I was there many decades ago, and need to go again.

Just don't pick up any hitchhikers around the area.

Q

March 02, 2017, 11:24 PM
Wilberforce
Hurrah for Texas!

"We, therefore, the delegates with plenary powers of the people of Texas, in solemn convention assembled, appealing to a candid world for the necessities of our condition, do hereby resolve and declare, that our political connection with the Mexican nation has forever ended, and that the people of Texas do now constitute a free, Sovereign, and independent republic, and are fully invested with all the rights and attributes which properly belong to independent nations; and, conscious of the rectitude of our intentions, we fearlessly and confidently commit the issue to the decision of the Supreme arbiter of the destinies of nations."

http://www.lsjunction.com/docs/tdoi.htm

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV
March 02, 2017, 11:25 PM
Wilberforce
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could.

Same here. Big Grin

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV
March 02, 2017, 11:51 PM
1lowlife
God bless TEXAS....