SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If You Could Be STUCK in One Decade...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Could Be STUCK in One Decade... Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Definitely the 90’s for me. Just the right amount of tech, great music and people could take a joke. I miss that era.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Gimme the 80s please.

Ditto.

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1990-2000.

So much I would do differently. From the women to my profession. Plus, I'd love to have my kids back when they were toddlers at the end of the 90s.

Posts: 1089 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1970s. No explanation necessary.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Early 70s. College student and employee. Training towards 76 Olympics, lots of women....

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The 1940s

America on top. America united in a purpose. The clothes, the cars, the movies, the attitudes, no hypersensitive assholes, the wide-open spaces, the freedom we've lost.

And not the first Goddamned smartphone in sight.

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 70's. The best music, people loved their country, no political correctness, race wasn't an issue, homeless people were not all over the streets and I didn't hear the words Muslim Extremist.

Posts: 413 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 80s for me

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me the 90s. Went through my Marine Corps experience. Met a lot of great people in the Corps. Visited to a lot of strange places while on a West Pack deployment.

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 80’s would work well for me. I was in my late teens to late 20’s. I was in the Navy and in my hey day.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1950s. All the great revolvers (S&W M21, .44 Military and Police, etc) were still in production.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
had a childhood in the 50's, teen years in the 60's and young adult in the 70's. It just doesn't get any better than that. would like to live in the 50's as an adult. Life was just more simple, safer, less complicated and generally easier

I was also a child in the 50's. I remember the decade as a time of civility, respect, hard work, personal responsibility, etc. That culture was created by America's Greatest Generation, my parents' generation.

I feel very fortunate to have lived in that decade.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
60's

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Split decade - 1955-1965

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
80s for me, lots of good things happened for/to me during the 80s.
Graduated from H.S. Met my soon to be wife, then married her 4 years later. Graduated from college and earned my ROTC Commission. Spent 3 years on Active Duty at Ft. Knox - really enjoyed my time there. My wife and I started our firearms journey in the mid 80s. Left the Army and got hired by a good police department, graduated from the academy in 89.

Overall, really good memories. Oh yeah - some of my favorite shows where on during the 80s; Miami Vice, Spenser for Hire, and The Equalizer. Plus some good movies - Lethal Weapon and Die Hard plus some others...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
The 1980's. For many reasons.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
stuck in one decade

I'm guessing the real question is what is your favorite.

Answer: the sixties

Why: I was a kid and life was simple.

To be "stuck" has so many qualifiers and time marches on so you can't ever be stuck.
I wouldn't want to be my age now and be transported back then for a lot of reasons.
For one medical advancements of then vs now.
If I could know what I know today including history then any back-transport of time could be profitable.

So to keep it simple the sixties then the seventies of course.

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of nostalgia for the the eighties. But I was miserable at the time.

so the 1990's would probably it. age 20-30. single and fancy free lol

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post