SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If You Could Be STUCK in One Decade...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Could Be STUCK in One Decade... Login/Join 
Picture of WERA49
posted
If you could be stuck in one decade, what would it be and why?

Rob
NRA Life Member

Posts: 545 | Location: OH | Registered: March 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
2000-2010.

I was young, but old enough to be on my own. It was the most fun ten years I have had, if you look at it by decade. The country was doing well, politics weren’t insane. Political correctness wasn’t insanity. Pay wasn’t great, but the cost to live was far more affordable.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
1970’s - I was 10 years of age through 19 years of age. It was a great time in my life, and I liked the music! Smile

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
1970-1980. I was still in USAF and had jobs there that I really enjoyed. My parents and sister were all still alive. I met my 2 "best friends" during this decade, both of whom are still alive. Life was good.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll take the 50’s please. Hey, I’m old, I remember how proud damn near everyone was glad to hear, “One nation under God” added to our Anthem.

The music, cars, and simply proud as punch to be an American.

[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
2000-2010.

I gotta say, those were some of the best years of my life. Graduated from the Academy in 2002 and spent the rest of the decade just figuring things out. And quite appropriately, I met my future wife on New Year's Eve 2009-2010. That was the mark of the end of my era of bachelorhood and truly a transition to something more resembling of adulthood. Haha. What a decade.

Yeah, it would be great to live through that decade again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30292 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
'60-'70.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Would love to be "stuck" from 21 to 30 AD. Jesus Christ, do I have to explain why?

Q

Posts: 26198 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Gimme the 80s please.

Posts: 13733 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Gimme the '80s please.

Same here. That was my "coming of age".
For my parents, the same applies to the '50s which I'm sure would have been cool too.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23935 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Gimme the 80s please.

yup

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
70s or 80s. Either would do nicely.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
70s for me. Lots of fun, girls, concerts.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Probably the 90s. Second child born ‘92, graduated college ‘92 (“non-traditional student”), started a professional career that I really liked. Life was good. Still is

Posts: 13163 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would also pick the 80s, but not sure if I could handle being stuck there unless I was oblivious to the advancements in technology that we enjoy today.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Would love to be "stuck" from 21 to 30 AD. Jesus Christ, do I have to explain why?

I see it

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29604 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just going to consider the decades that I've actually lived through, 70's thru the present. So, I'll go with the nineties. We had the internet before social media like Facebook and Twitter poisoned the well. TV and movies weren't PC yet. The worst things were the Clinton presidency and the AWB.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3503 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
If I had the knowledge that I have now, I would definitely say the 60's. That would cover my junior year in high school to the end of my second enlistment in the Navy.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'd go for the 60's

the rapid technology advancement in all tings general, and the space program specifically made a huge impact on my life and would make a few different decisions

Posts: 53080 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The 1990's

It's where I came of age, had many life-changing and shaping events occur and the music was great.

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post