SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saturday Evening Horse Boys
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saturday Evening Horse Boys Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

Good horse...

Yes. He turned out.

We use the Clinton Anderson "method" but when my wife was still a girl, she took lessons from Ray Hunt who lived locally - an early proponent of the Natural Horsemanship method. Link

My wife won many competitions and Cowboy Challenge buckles with her gelding. She also showed him English and won as well.

ArtieS's photo looks like it was taken from an endless stream of horse calendars around here. My wife is a horse photo enthusiast.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Great looking herd!

Horses are great at always trying to self destruct! Smile

We boarded horses in the early '8o's and the horses were great, the owners, not so much. I don't miss it at all.

Jim

Haha, the term used (with a knowing sideways glance) is "he/she is a 'horse person'." It's code in our immediate family for certain TYPEs of horse folk, not the general population. Y'all all know the ones I'm talking about here, too.

I feel the need to clarify my statement here. We used to board thoroughbreds from the local race track. We could only handle 4 plus the 2 trail horses that we owned. Those owners did everything they could to screw us. Most of the time the horses became claimers and the owners had little attachment to them. That's how we got to the point where we stopped boarding horses altogether. I know it's not fair to judge all horse owners by this experience and I'm certainly not.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post