SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Massive high rise fire, dozens of floors engulfed in Changsha, PRC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Massive high rise fire, dozens of floors engulfed in Changsha, PRC Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I stayed in a hotel in Shenzen (just over the border from Hong Kong)...it was remarkable in the low quality of workmanship, this was in a newly built, high-rise hotel. Bathroom mirror was crooked, faucet was askew, knobs reversed, then there was the window. Bad seal job around the frame, moisture had gotten in-between the panes, and the ENTIRE frame was crooked. It looked like they slapped it up, secured it and said all good. The next morning over breakfast, my collegues all had smilier stories as we recounted what we 'discovered' after check-in. Of the six elevators, two were not working, we heard it was because the rails weren't aligned correctly. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyledavidzim:
It’s been extinguished. Seems it’s still standing and no casualties. It’s a Chinese newspaper, so take it for what it’s worth in regards to casualties.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202209/1275416.shtml

Your link is the latest update I’ve seen.
Seems it was extinguished very quickly…
As if it did not spread from the surface???
Absolutely terrifying.
I feel sorry for the average person living in China.
Having met and talked with a number of Chinese citizens working in the US and elsewhere, they all want to come to the US.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Probably built by workers on bamboo scaffolding as is the usual habit over there. Incredible that the blaze was extinguished.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW !!! I know it is a totally different subject but it makes you wonder if they build their military equipment and aircraft carriers like this, then we should not have anything to worry about. God Bless Smile

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I stayed in a hotel in Shenzen (just over the border from Hong Kong)...it was remarkable in the low quality of workmanship, this was in a newly built, high-rise hotel. Bathroom mirror was crooked, faucet was askew, knobs reversed, then there was the window. Bad seal job around the frame, moisture had gotten in-between the panes, and the ENTIRE frame was crooked. It looked like they slapped it up, secured it and said all good. The next morning over breakfast, my collegues all had smilier stories as we recounted what we 'discovered' after check-in. Of the six elevators, two were not working, we heard it was because the rails weren't aligned correctly. Roll Eyes

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post