SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 629
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
High deductible plans are awesome. Less premium same coverage, just have to self insure the first $1,500 +/-. I fully fund my HSA which more than covers the worst case out of pocket I would have to pay. If I don't use it, it rolls forward for the next year. If I never use it I can use it for retirement. HSAs work like an Roth IRA for medical expenses. After you retire and are on madicare you can pay for your supplemental plan with triple tax free money.

I'll second this about high deductible plans. Insurance is a hedge against catastrophic risk. I don't think going to see your doctor for a check up qualifies as a catastrophe. Give the incentive of low premiums for high deductibles to get those customers who won't game the system and run up the costs for everyone else.

To fix the system, there shouldn't be coverage for normal and routine stuff. Without the subsidized insurance payments, then prices will go down.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Biden says Americans are more 'financially comfortable' since he took office

He must be doing crack with his son.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
He again blamed the high costs of food and gas on Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion of the Ukraine. But he also acknowledged the blame being placed on his administration.

'I understand that families who are struggling, probably don't care why the prices are up. They just want them to go down,' Biden said.
Sorry, Joe... many of us do understand, and we do care.

The price of food is rising and on Thursday average nationwide gas prices hit a new high of $4.71 - with seven states higher than $5.

He said his administration would work to help people save money in other areas, such as utility bills, internet service, and prescription drugs.
Joe, what are you going to do about it? Pay my electric and cable bill? Roll Eyes

'If food and gas prices are going to be elevated by Putin's price hike, one way we can make things a little better for families is by helping them save on other basic items their family needs on a monthly basis, like their utility bills, their internet bills, their prescription drug bills, and other costs like housing,' he said

'My goal is to make sure that, at the end of the month, families have a little more breathing room than they have now.'

How are these subsidies going to work? Borrow $trillions, hand it out to your friends and supporters, and we get even more inflation?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24134 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
How are these subsidies going to work? Borrow $trillions, hand it out to your friends and supporters, and we get even more inflation?

Sadly, I think he's hallucinating about tapping into private buisness' "excess" profits.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Here are a list of Biden’s proposed gun controls:

Ban “Assault Weapons”
Ban ‘high capacity” magazines.
If banning is not possible, then raise purchase age for AR-15s and similar rifles to 21
“Strengthen background checks”
“Enact [a] safe storage law”
“red flag law”
“Repeal the immunity of gun manufacturers from liability.”

Unless you're the fuckin' Talliban. Then you just get guns from the White House for free. They'll just leave them out for you to grab.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

He said his administration would work to help people save money in other areas, such as utility bills, internet service, and prescription drugs.
Joe, what are you going to do about it? Pay my electric and cable bill? Roll Eyes
Didn't Barack Hussein Obama pay cell phone bills and mortgage payments?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30696 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am tired of President NItwit referencing the discussion around the kitchen table in Scranton. Yeah that makes him a regular Joe. He is terrible at conveying empathy and understanding.

Posts: 17244 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
Biden says Americans are more 'financially comfortable' since he took office

He must be doing crack with his son.

ASSHOLE! Mad

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gas Prices Have Doubled Since Joe Biden Assumed Office

https://www.breitbart.com/econ...iden-assumed-office/

Gas prices on Saturday had more than doubled since President Joe Biden assumed office, AAA data shows.

Gas prices reached a seven day record average of $4.81 on Saturday, doubling the $2.39 per gallon price on Biden’s inauguration day.

Since Biden assumed office, the nation has suffered from his energy and fiscal policies, supply chain woes, and 40-year-high inflation. On Thursday, the Washington Post admitted Biden’s “$1.9 trillion rescue package in March 2021 was too large” because it fueled inflation.

Biden has repeatedly said he is doing everything he can to lower costs for Americans. Yet Biden has not reversed course on several key stifling energy policies, Breitbart News reported:

Biden has waged war on both public and private financing of oil drilling while subsidizing green-new-deal-like energy plans. As a result, American oil production is down from 2019, the year before the pandemic. Hard numbers suggest 2022 oil production is 12 million barrels per day, or eight percent less than in 2019.

Biden has made it increasingly more difficult for oil companies to gain financing to drill on private lands. He has also halted new drilling on public lands and terminated the Keystone Pipeline project that would have transported vast amounts of oil to American refineries.

President Biden’s Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm told reporters on Thursday that Americans will have to pay at least four dollars a gallon for the foreseeable future. “The price of gas is likely to remain above $4 per gallon,” she estimated based on Department of Energy data.

Granholm has said in the past that high gas prices will encourage people to transition to more expensive, fuel-efficient vehicles.

In April, Biden suggested Americans can save money by purchasing an electric vehicle. “Under my plan, which is before the Congress now, we can take advantage of the next generation of electric vehicles,” he said. “A typical driver will save about $80 a month from not having to pay gas at the pump.”

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally from Sleepy Joe:
“A typical driver will save about $80 a month from not having to pay gas at the pump.”

That's wonderful... after paying six to seven times that for the new EV, plus the increased electricity costs at home for charging it. Great math, Joe! Ya nitwit.

Want to save me even more than $80 a month, Joe? Put gas prices back to where they were prior to your stupid butt taking office.

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It amazes me that these dumb fucks think we are stupid and haven’t seen this movie before. Let’s see, buy an electric vehicle to save on gas but have to pay for electricity. Demand for electricity goes up so prices go up, especially during peak hours. Since the demand is beyond our capabilities we have to expand or buy from another source; gotta raise prices. Let’s not forget the road/highway taxes paid at the pump for road repair. Since your car is electric, we’re going to have to start charging a mileage tax since we’re not getting that revenue at the pump.

It will never stop

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
Since your car is electric, we’re going to have to start charging a mileage tax since we’re not getting that revenue at the pump.

I don't know for sure, but I figure that's happening already. I do know my state charges me an additional fee each year to renew the registration on my little diesel sedan because it's fuel-efficient. Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know for sure, but I figure that's happening already. I do know my state charges me an additional fee each year to renew the registration on my little diesel sedan because it's fuel-efficient. Roll Eyes

There ya go! They’ve talked about it here and we’ve held them off…but it’s coming.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
It amazes me that these dumb fucks think we are stupid and haven’t seen this movie before. Let’s see, buy an electric vehicle to save on gas but have to pay for electricity. Demand for electricity goes up so prices go up, especially during peak hours. Since the demand is beyond our capabilities we have to expand or buy from another source; gotta raise prices. Let’s not forget the road/highway taxes paid at the pump for road repair. Since your car is electric, we’re going to have to start charging a mileage tax since we’re not getting that revenue at the pump.

It will never stop

Umm, we don't have the electrical infrastructure to handle even 30% of the population driving EV's. They are already warning about rolling blackouts in many area's of the country much like California due to, of course climate change. Roll Eyes Add more and more EV's to that and see where that gets us. The ones pulling Biden's strings, Soros, Obama, et al know exactly what they are trying to accomplish. Biden was installed to make it look like his incompetence and stupidity.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
And not to mention all this green bs including ev's are far worse for the environment. Not to mention the destruction of the visual beauty of millions of acres of thousand of these chinese windmills. The stupidity is astonishing.

But hey, look at the sf members that are considering purchasing ev's. Roll Eyes

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
https://www.theguardian.com/en...-exhausts-tests-show

EVs are much heavier than gas/diesel vehicles. So this is yet another environmentally worse aspect to them.

Posts: 9460 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
EVs are much heavier

Which also means more wear and tear on the highways which would mean higher taxes on electric vehicles for highway maintenance.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13402 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
But hey, look at the sf members that are considering purchasing ev's. Roll Eyes

Let the market decide. My only problem with EVs is that they are subsidized by government.
Every family should be free to decide what is best for them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24134 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally from Sleepy Joe:
“A typical driver will save about $80 a month from not having to pay gas at the pump.”

That's wonderful... after paying six to seven times that for the new EV, plus the increased electricity costs at home for charging it. Great math, Joe! Ya nitwit.

Want to save me even more than $80 a month, Joe? Put gas prices back to where they were prior to your stupid butt taking office.

It cost me over seventy bucks to fill my Jeep up. At these prices it will run thirty bucks to fill up my Harley.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

It will never stop

Umm, we don't have the electrical infrastructure to handle even 30% of the population driving EV's. They are already warning about rolling blackouts in many area's of the country much like California due to, of course climate change. Roll Eyes Add more and more EV's to that and see where that gets us. The ones pulling Biden's strings, Soros, Obama, et al know exactly what they are trying to accomplish. Biden was installed to make it look like his incompetence and stupidity.

On top of that, Counties in California are banning gas stoves and forcing people to go electric. These people are unhinged.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post