SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
College rivalry in 2021, Jacksonville State vs. Univ. Northern AL.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I saw a billboard earlier today. It was an electronic one that changed displays about twice a minute and I was in heavy traffic, but was able to catch a glimpse. It showed Mitch McConnell in the driver's seat of a car and Biden in the back seat with a befuddled expression and eating an ice cream cone, I would guess in some kind of Driving Miss Daisy parody. The counties that make up my congressional district voted as much as 70:30 Trump.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Why does this person have a job in our government?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A proper response would be “consider bulldozing Ford Theater? Nah were not The Taliban democrats who feel it necessary to erase all the uncomfortable parts of American history for the feels. Even when it’s quite tempting.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When is the last time France waged a successful military campaign? I don't mean as part of NATO. I mean French military forces prevailing in a confict. When was the last time?

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Local lady is a Air Force Doctor. She just got a no notice deployment order to leave immediately to support health care for the influx of "immigrants" flooding into the country.

I believe I'd resign my commission at that point.

It's not as if doctors are wanting for jobs.

She probably owes the USAF some years to pay for her schooling. But it is an excellent idea.

You go where your orders take you. Once there no doctor is going to refuse to treat the sick and injured no matter who they are. They take an oath to that effect.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
You go where your orders take you.

Exactly.
What would we think of a military doctor who was available for callup, was ordered to the White House to treat President Trump, and said, “Nope; not him. I resign”? Yeah: A rhetorical question here; drawing and quartering would be too good for him/her.

All I can say is that I’m glad some people never took the oath that includes obeying the lawful orders of the officers appointed over them.
Part of the deal of serving in the armed forces is the possibility of having to do things we don’t particularly like.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Perhaps someone can answer some questions for me.

Can the TX governor shut down his border?

If not, why not?

If so, why in the hell has he not done it?

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I'm gonna take a SWAG and say Gov. Abbott (and Texas) stand to lose millions of Federal $$$$ if he were to do that. Guess what? IDGAF about Federal $$$$$. Shut the got-damp thing down!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
He can patrol the border, but that's historically been a job that exceeds the Texas Rangers' capacity. He can't actually shut down the border itself because the border is Federal, not state.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Yes but the feds actually need to be there to enforce it. But once across the fence they are in Texas and they can all be charged with criminal trespass abs the feds can’t do squat about it.

The feds have tacitly decided to NOT control the border. And that’s ok but they cannot prevent a state from doing what it needs to do.

The alternative is to leave it in the hands of civilians and rifles.

Posts: 53184 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
He can patrol the border, but that's historically been a job that exceeds the Texas Rangers' capacity. He can't actually shut down the border itself because the border is Federal, not state.
I tend to believe a governor with a monster set of stones 'could' declare a state of emergency for the state and step in and shut down the border, and call the Fed's bluff doing it. What would the alternative for the Fed's be to stop it from happening? Fight Texas LE on the ground? I think not. It would take a special kind of person to do that, and Abbott isn't that kind person to essentially defy the federal government and this president.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

This phrase kind of brings back my question from a week or so ago: [I know it's easier said than done, but] couldn't some enterprising Texans (and perhaps volunteers from elsewhere) use the materials already on site and continue building the wall ourselves?

Or would the feds claim they're trespassing and kick them out? (Irony, for sure.)

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to test that idea out.

Posts: 53184 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's believed to be the first time the French have resorted to such a move in modern times, a French official told CNN.

Yet, they're perfectly fine retaining their ambassador in both Australia and the UK. Roll Eyes Its no secret, Macron and Biden don't get along, Biden doesn't like Johnson either, yet the framework for this has been in the works for over a year.
quote:
France stands to lose the equivalent of $65 billion US dollars from an existing deal to provide Australia with conventional, diesel-powered submarines.

The canceled deal with France, a major global weapons exporter, is expected to make a significant economic impact on the French defense sector. France also stands to lose out strategically in the Indo-Pacific, where the country holds significant interests.

Australia previously planned to acquire 12 conventional attack-class submarines from the French shipbuilder Naval Group, which successfully beat out competing German and Japanese bids in 2016.

France has been on quite a roll with defense exports the last 20-years not to mention they've got their own Afghanistan-issues as they've been involved with rooting-out Islamists in West Africa since 2013.

The Australia-submarine contract was crap from the very outset, everyone knew it; the Australians were getting bent over the barrel, in large part due to their own internal incompetence. They could've had the new Japanese Soryu submarine but the Japanese screwed it up, then the Aussies turned to the French but their own govt screwed that one up yet, they signed the deal. This one while larger, has better backing with regards to maintenance, support and a more pragmatic view of capabilities & mission.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Two words…

Belt fed

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I tend to believe a governor with a monster set of stones 'could' declare a state of emergency for the state and step in and shut down the border, and call the Fed's bluff doing it. What would the alternative for the Fed's be to stop it from happening?

For one thing, I don't think either the Texas authorities or the Feds on the border (and there are a royal ba-shitload of them) are in any hurry to physically fight with each other.

For another, everyone seems pretty clear on the separation of powers thing. What happens if California seizes it's part of the border during a Republican administration and simply leaves it open?

Only then can we talk about the manpower to control the entire border (lest the Feds open their own crossings, right?) and somehow trying to pay for it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
https://americanmilitarynews.c...its-a-familiar-face/

Someone put up a dozen Joe Biden Taliban billboards near I-83 in Pennsylvania

An eye-catching billboard featuring a photoshopped image of President Joe Biden dressed as a member of the Taliban recently popped up on Interstate 83 in York County.

And a familiar face has taken credit: onetime GOP gubernatorial hopeful Scott Wagner.

“I believe the pull-out was done very badly,” he said Tuesday. “I think the president thinks he might have made a good decision but I think he made a very bad decision.”

https://youtu.be/ZuNPDjF2GAQ

The billboard, which has drawn both criticism and praise on social media, features a tongue-in-cheek slogan — “Making the Taliban Great Again!” — riffing off the familiar refrain used by both Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump.

“I think we’re going to pay for this,” Wagner said, of the recent withdraw from Afghanistan, which was also a key campaign promise of Trump. “I think probably in the form of more terrorists activities around the world and possibly this country.”

There had been some initial confusion over who paid for the billboards, even among local Republican officials but, when asked by The York Dispatch, Wagner did not try to deflect or dodge the question.

“I’m not hiding from anybody and that’s how I feel,” he said, “and I decided to put the billboards up.”

Wagner paid for more than a dozen of these billboards throughout Pennsylvania including on the Turnpike, Route 15 and in areas north of Harrisburg. Only one, a two-sided billboard near the Emigsville exit, is in York County.

The billboards were placed sometime last week, said Brian Scott, vice president of Trone Outdoor Advertising, the company that oversees the billboards.

“Listen, we stay in the middle. If people want to call up and put up a billboard like this, as long as there’s not any cuss words or slang for cuss words, you know, we will do it,” he said. “If somebody wants to call up and put a billboard up praising Joe Biden, we will do that as well. But we he haven’t gotten any phone calls to do that.”

York County Democratic Chairman Chad Baker said the billboard “is a mockery of a serious situation,” noting that both Democratic and Republican presidents have struggled with how and when to withdraw from Afghanistan.

This kind of overheated rhetoric, Baker said, does no one any good.

“While we are entitled in this country to freedom of speech,” he said, “this billboard continues to fuel the flames of vitriol and hate that has clearly stemmed from the previous administration in the White House and by many of the local state and congressional legislators.”

Wagner said he paid about $15,000 for the billboards. Someone had sent Wagner the image and he liked it, he said. He hopes that other billboards with this same image might pop up in other states, noting that people have called him asking permission to use the image.

Manchester Township Manager Timothy R. James said Tuesday that the township, where the billboard was located, wasn’t aware of the existence of the billboard.

Scott said he’s received few complaints, at least so far. Such signs are fairly routine, he noted, given the current political climate.

“I think just the state of where we are right now in the country,” he said. “I think it’s certainly sensitive and I think that’s why maybe you see it on social media as much and everything that’s going on in Afghanistan.”

(c) 2021 The York Dispatch

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden to address the UN today.

They tried to get the presentations done by video recordings but that didn't work out.

Now biden's "diversity" driven UN representative (Linda Thomas-Greenfield) says Biden’s attendance at the meeting would be short due to the pandemic precluding opportunities for many meetings during the General Assembly

https://pjmedia.com/columns/st...al-assembly-n1480162

amazing how biden's gaffe machine is being controlled and limited. DEMs used COVID19 to elect a president who is incompetent and mentally declining by hiding him

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post