SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When is the last time France waged a successful military campaign? I don't mean as part of NATO. I mean French military forces prevailing in a confict. When was the last time?

Well, they did keep Henry the VIII [I am] from invading. So there is that.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17...-recalled/index.html

France recalls its ambassadors to the U.S. and Australia to protest Biden’s submarine deal.

The French government has immediately recalled its ambassador to the US for consultation in response to the recently announced national security partnership with the United Kingdom and Australia.

Philippe Étienne, the French ambassador to the US, confirmed the news when reached for comment.

In a statement, Jean-Yves Le Drian, the French minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, said Friday that the move was made at the request of President Emmanuel Macron

"This extraordinary decision reflects the exceptional seriousness of the announcements made on September 15 by Australia and the United States," Le Drian said. "The abandonment of the ocean-class submarine project that Australia and France had been working on since 2016 and the announcement of a new partnership with the United States aimed at studying the possibility of future cooperation on nuclear-powered submarines constitute unacceptable behavior among allies and partners; their consequences affect" the very concept we have of our alliances, our partnerships, and the importance of the Indo-Pacific for Europe.

It's believed to be the first time the French have resorted to such a move in modern times, a French official told CNN.

France stands to lose the equivalent of $65 billion US dollars from an existing deal to provide Australia with conventional, diesel-powered submarines.

The canceled deal with France, a major global weapons exporter, is expected to make a significant economic impact on the French defense sector. France also stands to lose out strategically in the Indo-Pacific, where the country holds significant interests.

Australia previously planned to acquire 12 conventional attack-class submarines from the French shipbuilder Naval Group, which successfully beat out competing German and Japanese bids in 2016.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Two things are for certain: 1) Jimmy Carter will die knowing that he was not the worst president in history and 2) Joe Biden will die never knowing that the was president.

Now that is funny!

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's Amazing. Biden is now even pissing off the French.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
On the off chance anyone knows - where's the nearest major supply of diesel for Australia? Malaysia?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Hey Joe, good news!
Taliban are going to let girls go to school until 6th or 7th grade as long as they dress according to Sharia Law.

Tell Nancy the good news, maybe go out and have a drink with her to celebrate.

Opps, maybe drinks will need to wait until after your back from the extended weekend vacation in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
I had forgotten about your extended weekend get aways.
Link

Joe, while your relaxing this extended weekend can you please give some thought as to the humanitarian crisis at the boarder?
We’ve got 6,000 Unvaccinated Illegal Aliens Gather Under an International Bridge in Del Rio and another 20,000 mostly Haitians, some Cubans, Venezuelans on the way.
Link

Oh the French called as well.
They are pissed, and we still have Americans trapped behind enemy lines in Afghanistan.

A bit of a measles break-out with the Afghan camps in the U.S., might need to figure something out there as well.

Dang, Joe, you sure that you’ve got time for these extended vacations.

Dang Joe, that’s a lot of people.
Who’s going to cloth, feed and house them?

Military camps are full with those evacuated from Afghanistan, you know the ones pre-screened by the Taliban.

Oh and then we’ve still got that whole pandemic thing going on.
Americans losing jobs because of your vaccine mandate.
Vaccine doesn’t seem to be working so well anymore.

Opps, link above was from yesterday.
Numbers Swell Overnight to 12K Migrants Detained Under Border Bridge in Texas
Link

Joe, let’s be honest, your a failure at being President.
It’s time for you to retire to a care facility where they can assist you in these latter years of your life with the onset of dementia.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Poor Joe needed a break & had to go to DE (again) for an extended weekend of R&R.

He's had a busy week. Let's see:
He pissed off the French, he was trying to hide 12K illegal immigrants under a bridge in Texas but the media found them, a bunch of states & gov agencies are pissed off about his mask mandates, his top general should be in front of a firing squad for treason, anything else........oh, yeah. It's finally hit the news that instead of his drone strike taking out a very dangerous tallybon terrorist, it just killed a car load of little kids.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dems support mobs burning and looting our cities because a drug addict, criminal thug got killed during an arrest but a Democrat administration can send drones to kill innocent people and no one gives a damn.
Uh oh, were not sure who that was we just dropped a bomb on, we'll just sort it out later.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3529 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
SO, according to Ted Cruz, on 9/8 Biden Admin cancelled deportation flights back to Haiti. In less than a week, the crowd has increased 10 fold (1k to 10K and still growing I'm sure), mostly Haitians. How did thousands of Haitians hear about this, and arrive at border with "Biden let us in" T-shirts before I saw a story?

So did anyone hear about this policy change, and what else has been done under the radar?? Ted Cruz at Del Rio bridge

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I checked, but do we share a land border with Hati? How did they all get here? Who is sailing them to Mexico? Why has Mexico let them in to walk to Texas?

Find out where the ships are and put them on the bottom. Find out who is running the ships and hit them with a drone strike. This administration has experience in doing that. Tell Mexico we will start bombing runs on their military bases if they do not do something to stop the invasion of the US.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
From video and other reporting on Newsmaxs' Stinchfield it seems most were already economic refugees in other central american countries, not from Haiti directly.

Still, it took some logistics to do this, so who was behind it?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local lady is a Air Force Doctor. She just got a no notice deployment order to leave immediately to support health care for the influx of "immigrants" flooding into the country.

Their parents are working out a plan between them to help the husband and the three children.

On a related note, active duty and retirees are being sent to civilian doctors due to a lack of available military health care providers.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So apparently it's cheaper to smuggle them to Del Rio. Man I feel for those US residents that have to deal with this. They must feel absolutely powerless. And betrayed.

The president though, is at the beach this weekend. Must not be anything happening.

EXCLUSIVE: Cartel Violence, Cheaper Smuggling Rates Drive Caribbean Migrants to West Texas Border

Violence from Gulf Cartel members and cheaper smuggling rates than their rivals are two main factors pushing thousands of Caribbean migrants to Del Rio instead of the Rio Grande Valley, which is considerably closer in terms of travel distance.

More than 12,000 migrants, primarily from Haiti, are being held by U.S. authorities under an international bridge awaiting processing. The migrants crossed from Ciudad Acuna in Coahuila into Del Rio, Texas, and instead of avoiding authorities, they are requesting asylum once they encounter U.S. Border Patrol.

https://www.breitbart.com/bord...o-west-texas-border/

Absolutely INSANE.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Local lady is a Air Force Doctor. She just got a no notice deployment order to leave immediately to support health care for the influx of "immigrants" flooding into the country.

I believe I'd resign my commission at that point.

It's not as if doctors are wanting for jobs.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Depends on which side you are one. He's following the plan of the radical left.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
From video and other reporting on Newsmaxs' Stinchfield it seems most were already economic refugees in other central american countries, not from Haiti directly.

Still, it took some logistics to do this, so who was behind it?

It's interesting to me that news sources aren't discussing the logistics part behind all this. Are they being flown into Mexico to the border? Taking ships from Haiti into Mexico first?

Posts: 2365 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Depends on which side you are one. He's following the plan of the radical left.
76th out of a college law class of 81. Yeah, I'd say the man's been a failure his entire adult life.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
It's interesting to me that news sources aren't discussing the logistics part behind all this. Are they being flown into Mexico to the border? Taking ships from Haiti into Mexico first?
You're kidding right. The media works hand in hand with the Dem's to report on and support exactly what they are told to. There are no journalists left anymore working for the MSM.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Video of an invasion in real time. I wonder what ice cream Biden will get today?

We need Blaster from Uncommon Valor.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

I believe I'd resign my commission at that point.

It's not as if doctors are wanting for jobs.

She probably owes the USAF some years to pay for her schooling. But it is an excellent idea.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post