SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Eight dollars for a package of bacon. Perfectly normal Roll Eyes

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over here in Germany I noticed more Americans seem to be shopping at German grocerie stores rather than on base at the commissary.

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Biden admin held a press conference to address skyrocketing grocery prices.

This was their claim/excuse.
If you take out beef, pork and poultry, the “price increases are more in line with a historical norms.”

In other words, if you take out the entire meat section of the store, this really isn’t that big a deal, right?

I’m sure that’s going to make families struggling to pay higher grocery bills feel a lot better. Geez.

Oh they know.

They simply don’t care Mad

Posts: 33804 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
This was their claim/excuse.
If you take out beef, pork and poultry, the “price increases are more in line with a historical norms.”

In other words, if you take out the entire meat section of the store, this really isn’t that big a deal, right?
Hmmmm, I wonder how that would work for me running large projects. Yeah, one segment of the project is off schedule, way over budget, and may push our complete date, but don't sweat it given the other 9 segments of the project are pretty much on time and on budget. Wonder how that would work out for me?? Roll Eyes Only the retard administration could try and sell this BS as AOK.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just hear that ATF nominee Chipman is OUT

Posts: 33804 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Just hear that ATF nominee Chipman is OUT

Excellent news!

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
ATF nominee Chipman
Yeah, he was going to combat "gun violence" Roll Eyes

There's no such thing. There's only violence.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The communist in charge have started making noises about price gouging by the meat industry. Basically pointing the finger at the big boys and pretending the problem is price fixing. They'll stick their corrupt fingers into the food supply chain and we'll have people starving before you know it.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden's plan to let the IRS SNOOP on bank accounts, Venmo, PayPal and crypto deals as part of his $80billion investment to crack down on tax evaders

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...P-bank-accounts.html

The proposal would require banks to report to the IRS every deposit and withdrawal from an account in order to target audits
The IRS estimates that compliance on taxes due on wages is 99% while compliance on 'less visible' sources of income is only 45%

The plan would most especially affect the self-employed, who self-report their income and deductions, and the wealthy

Banks are largely against the proposal, which they say would impose onerous reporting requirements on institutions for little benefit

The proposal would require banks to report to the IRS every deposit and withdrawal from an account, including transactions from Venmo, PayPal, crypto exchanges and the like in an effort to fight tax evasion. The IRS would know how much money is in an individual's bank account in a given year, whether the individual earned income on that account and exactly how much was going in an and out.

Biden, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, IRS chief Charles Rettig and a number of Democrats in the Senate, most especially Elizabeth Warren, are pushing for the deep dive into individual financial transactions as part of an $80 billion plan to enforce tax compliance.

More at link:

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:

Kellyanne Conway zaps Biden on a White House request to step down from the Board of Visitors to the US Air Force Academy.

Link to her response.

"President Biden, I'm not resigning, but you should."
I followed the link, and read her entire letter.

WOW!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
in an effort to fight tax evasion

Start with Al Sharpton.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It’s starting to get serious.
I will not comply.

Biden Regime Drops Iron Fist on Private Sector: Will Require Vaccines or Weekly Covid Testing – Employers That Don’t Comply will Face “Substantial Fines”

The Biden Regime will be dropping the iron fist on the private sector by requiring all employees get jabbed or tested weekly for Covid… OR ELSE.

In addition to telling all 2.1 million federal employees to get jabbed in the next 75 days or face firing, the Biden regime will be forcing all companies with 100+ employees to either test workers or prove they are vaccinated.

Small businesses that do not comply with the Biden Regime’s new Covid mandates will face hefty fines.

According to Biden’s Covid response director Jeff Zients, employers can be fined up to $14,000 per violation.

Link

Ohio Senate Candidate J.D. Vance Calls for “Mass Civil Disobedience” in Response to Joe Biden’s Tyrannical Mandates
Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Just because they have 100+ employees doesn't mean the company is hipaa certified. How exaclty are these companies supposed to keep vaccination records?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
How is my company going to test me weekly? I am vaccinated but if they allow sitting in a clinic on the clock every week I'll deny being vaccinated and enjoy the time away from the plant.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they'll just use info from the insurance companies to determine if you're vaccinated or not. Renew times are coming soon for health insurance, so I wonder also if there will be one rate for vaccinated and another for those that aren't.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
so I wonder also if there will be one rate for vaccinated and another for those that aren't.
In a way this is already happening.

Some small medical practices have been given an option by Cigna.
Either your entire staff gets vaccinated or we will no longer accept you as an in-plan provider.

My Dentist said nope, not going to mandate vaccines on my staff.
Notice went out that the Dental services will no longer be “in-plan” with Cigna.

Therefore either switch Dentist or pay out of plan higher rate for dental work.

Dentist did not state why they were no longer and In-Plan provider for Cigna.
I discovered by word of mouth.

Had planned on going to a different dentist, but now morally, I can’t leave.
So I will now be paying a higher dental bill do to this COVID tyranny.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just because they have 100+ employees doesn't mean the company is hipaa certified. How exaclty are these companies supposed to keep vaccination records?

In general, A company requiring you to self attest your vac status or even calling your doctor/insurance and asking them has nothing to do with HIPAA. HIPAA does not blanket apply to everyone.

HIPAA comes into play when your doctor/insurance gives them any information because as a covered entity HIPAA applies to them.

ETA: I work for a huge liberal company who has been pressuring us into volunteering our status. They have effectively created 2 classes of employees, the stuck group and the unstuck/have not shared proof of being stuck group. As a member of the 2nd group I take a (company provided) covid self test before every shift I work. I then take a picture of the results with me and show it to security and get a pass for that shift. The pointlessness of this really becomes apparent when you realize that no one is making sure you actually swab your nose. They do add 5 minutes to my timecard each shift to cover the test time at home so they have that going for me. Our campus is testing around 600 employees every 12 hour shift.

The question I have repeatedly been asking is “since the only difference between the stuck group and the unstuck group is that the stuck group is more likely to have a less severe case of Covid and not show any symptoms when Covid positive, why aren’t we testing them? Not only no answer but they have pretty much stopped coming out to the manufacturing floor to ask if we have any questions.

They have put out a company wide mandate to be stuck by Oct 4th but then said the timeline for manufacturing and distribution depts will be announced at a later time. They are trying to get a feel for how many people will refuse and if it will shut down our supply chain. You know, no product to sell, no income.

For the record, I am part of the stuck group based on my medical issues and discussions with my doctor but I refuse to share my medical information with the company. Its none of their business.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:

In general, A company requiring you to self attest your vac status or even calling your doctor/insurance and asking them has nothing to do with HIPAA. HIPAA does not blanket apply to everyone.

HIPAA comes into play when your doctor/insurance gives them any information because as a covered entity HIPAA applies to them.

If I am required to keep employee health information in order to report to the gov't, then I am required to follow hippa protocols.

If the order is to only report that 100% of my employees are vaccinated, without proof (which I doubt), then that seems a bit silly.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
If I am required to keep employee health information in order to report to the gov't, then I am required to follow hippa protocols.

If the order is to only report that 100% of my employees are vaccinated, without proof (which I doubt), then that seems a bit silly.

There's a lot of confusion about HIPAA and what it does and does not do and who it applies to. It does not apply to employers.

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-...consumers/index.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
How is my company going to test me weekly? I am vaccinated but if they allow sitting in a clinic on the clock every week I'll deny being vaccinated and enjoy the time away from the plant.

I have heard that a lot of employers are requiring their employees to provide the test results on their own dime and on their own time. That's another 'incentive' for them to take the jab.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post