SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Divers spot the world’s largest ever recorded great white shark - 2.5 ton ‘Deep Blue’ - on vacation and feasting on a dead whale off Hawaii
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Divers spot the world’s largest ever recorded great white shark - 2.5 ton ‘Deep Blue’ - on vacation and feasting on a dead whale off Hawaii Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Lots of mermaids swimming around!

http://www.hannahfraser.com/me...?instanceid=324&p=39

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Interesting wetsuit design. Could there be any particular reason for it, or is it just a cool design?

That's one of at least a couple of fairly new designs out of Australia. It is designed to make divers less visually stimulating to sharks. In this case, it is supposed to make the diver blend more in the water.

They also have a black and white banded version that is supposed to simulate the markings of the highly venomous sea snake.

I don't know how proven the concepts are.

Camo wet suits is as much marketing as there's some science behind it.

Much like hunting land animals, most fish eyes are tuned for movement. Movement and noise discipline is more important than getting yourself decked-out in the latest camo; hunting in wool and buffalo plaid flannel was pretty common before the proliferation and marketing excesses of Mossy Oak & Realtree. Same applies to the water environment, however there's a wider variety of animals below the surface with a crazy variety of eye-types so, just depends on what you're hunting/fishing or, trying to keep getting noticed from. Ultimately, if you're spearfishing, you better have good hover skills and stop fidgeting. Camo in-general is visually stimulating to human eyes so, putting a hot girl with a good print will get everyone all excited. Eek

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing creature and is about as close as I want to be from it- my living room.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
That is an amazing creature and is about as close as I want to be from it- my living room.

Ding dong

Who is it.

Um, flowers...

You’re that land shark aren’t you?

Um, no....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Ocean Ramsey.
No way her parents gave her that name. That's just too on the nose. It's almost as good and appropriate a name as Reality Winner. Big Grin

Posts: 2664 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
"Little shakin', little tenderizin', down you go."

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Interesting wetsuit design. Could there be any particular reason for it, or is it just a cool design?

That's one of at least a couple of fairly new designs out of Australia. It is designed to make divers less visually stimulating to sharks. In this case, it is supposed to make the diver blend more in the water.

Maybe less to the shark............def not less to us.
"I'll be in my bunk"

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
quote:
...Ocean Ramsey.
No way her parents gave her that name. That's just too on the nose. It's almost as good and appropriate a name as Reality Winner. Big Grin

Dig a bit deeper and you'll see the photographer calls himself Juan Sharks Roll Eyes

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
>STEVE IRWIN VOICE ON<

"And here we have a Black Mamba. The most poisonous snake in the world. One ounce of his venom can kill an entire city.

Let me see if I can piss him off."

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
So I’m looking at this thread and wondering “Why are there 3 pages of comments?”
Now I know.
Oh. My.
The shark’s impressive, too. Big Grin

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post