SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Infuriating: Five Police Officers Reportedly Told To Leave Local Starbucks Because Some Snowflake Felt Unsafe
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Infuriating: Five Police Officers Reportedly Told To Leave Local Starbucks Because Some Snowflake Felt Unsafe Login/Join 
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
it would be also good to know which Starbucks is the one we find offensive

According to a post by the Tempe Officers Association it's the Starbucks at Scottsdale Road and McKellips.

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Wish I could boycott them again but I did that years ago.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
This story is all over the national news now. Love it.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Tell the snowflake that for their peace of mind they can leave instead of the police. We're only thinking of you.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I do not like Starbucks but my wife does so I visit our local one quite often. 50% of the time there are multiple officers there and they do Cops with Coffee there as well.

But McKinney is not the city of the walking dead...aka Tempe.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sharyl Attkisson editorial this morning. Rather than copy and paste her whole OpEd, I’ll provide a link. Sharyl, as you probably know, worked for CBS News and ultimately had to leave because she was practicing actual balanced journalism.

Good Cop, Bad Cop and the Starbucks Incident. Attkisson

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

I do not like Starbucks but my wife does so I visit our local one quite often. 50% of the time there are multiple officers there and they do Cops with Coffee there as well.

But McKinney is not the city of the walking dead...aka Tempe.
Tell the coffee-pourer that the other patrons -- the non-cops -- scare you and make you feel threatened and unsafe.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
At this point I blame the cops for their choice for entering the commie coffee. They are a very well known enemy of America and our law enforcement so what did they expect?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is the final straw for me. Starbucks is just too Woke and will NOT GET IT until they start closing down, which I think is coming.

I was never a big fan of their crappy, burnt coffee anyway but would get an occasional blonde roast or iced coffee and my wife was a pretty big customer but we are both going to cease going there from now on.

Maybe when their bottom line starts to get affected, they will wake up but I'm not holding my breath. We are OUT.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I have Police and Sheriffs stop a the Ranch for my coffee, even though a Starbucks is 5 miles away.
Coffee is better and they can shoot my metal targets...LOL

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This is the final straw for me. Starbucks is just too Woke and will NOT GET IT ...

This has happened often enough that it should have been clear to upper management, long ago, that a corporate-wide edict needed to be issued. E.g.: "Thou shalt not diss law enforcement officers without due cause upon pain of prompt and unconditional dismissal. ``Due cause`` does not include such things as ``Somebody doesn't like cops.``"

That they haven't done so speaks volumes for the corporate attitude.

I never have been much of a *$'s customer. In fact I have a gift certificate around here, somewhere, that was given to me by my ex-employer 3-4 years ago I haven't gotten around to redeeming. Now I'm thinkin' maybe I'll just drop it in the shredder.

Yes, I know: That doesn't hurt *$'s, because they already have the money. But I just cannot get interested in redeeming the thing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
At this point I blame the cops for their choice for entering the commie coffee. They are a very well known enemy of America and our law enforcement so what did they expect?

Imagine the nerve of those guys expecting to go into a coffee shop and not be tossed out. What were they thinking. I mean, sneaking into the heart of the enemy and expecting a little peace and tranquility for a few moments.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

Imagine the nerve of those guys expecting to go into a coffee shop and not be tossed out. What were they thinking. I mean, sneaking into the heart of the enemy and expecting a little peace and tranquility for a few moments.

One Venti rebuke with a double shot of sarcasm coming right up.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Makes me want to buy a bunch of Starbucks $5.00 gift cards and pss them out to the homeless bums on the corners. I’ll be sure to tell each one that starbucks has nice bathrooms.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
This makes me feel even better for dropping starbucks instant coffee (Costco). I just yesterday received my new Israeli Instant coffee I ordered (recommended by our own Gustofer). Superfine ground (just like the starbucks VIA brand). Tried it this morning, delicious.....

What is this Israeli coffee of which you speak? And I do like Black Rifle. My (liberal) daughter got me a sampler pack.

Elite instant (on amazon) Gustofers' post.
It's what I'm using now. from what I can tell it takes twice the physical amount as the Starbucks to make. But there is at least 4-5 times the physical amount that is in the Starbucks package I get from Costco for a similar price

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

One Venti rebuke with a double shot of sarcasm coming right up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Makes me want to buy a bunch of Starbucks $5.00 gift cards and pss them out to the homeless bums on the corners. I’ll be sure to tell each one that starbucks has nice bathrooms.

Say, that is brilliant idea. Lot's of homeless in my area.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

Say, that is brilliant idea. Lot's of homeless in my area.
Excellent idea!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Since it relates, I'll post this here. I think these incidents are no longer a mistake. I believe it has become the mission of SJW Demotard Snowflakes who think they're oh so smart and inject their smug bullshit on police officers thinking they're some kind of champion in the eyes of Antifa or whatever group. They just need to go home to mommy's basement and shut their pieholes. Of course the officer was probably done a favor, since he avoided the ensuing quadruple bypass after eating there... Wink

https://nationalinterest.org/b...use-he-had-gun-70131

Restaurant Apologizes After Asking Officer To Leave Because He Had A Gun

What we know.

by Shelby Talcott

A restaurant in San Antonio, Texas, has apologized after asking a police officer to leave the premises because he was carrying a gun.

The officer was asked to leave Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse Saturday night because he was carrying a gun, KSAT reported. Texas law states that establishments can’t deny service to an officer or special investigator who is carrying a weapon on the premises, as long as they are authorized to carry the weapon.

The restaurant apologized to the San Antonio Police Department and the officer who was asked to leave, according to a statement.

“We sincerely apologize to the San Antonio Police Department and the officer in question for the incident that occurred at our restaurant last night,” the statement read according to KSTA. “Unfortunately, a member of our team made the wrong call. We are working hard to address and correct this unfortunate lapse in judgement.”

“We will address the policy internally and make sure our team members are clear. We support, respect and appreciate everything our law enforcement does to keep each and every one of us safe, day in and day out.”

People who saw the incident take place at the restaurant took their concerns to social media, KSAT reported. Detective Mike Helle, president of the San Antonio Police Officers’ Association, said that the restaurant did not act appropriately.

“They would have been in the right if it was just a private citizen carrying like that, but the law is very specific when it comes down to a police or peace officer,” Helle said, according to KSAT. “They kind of made a boo-boo on this one, and the officer could have held his ground but he didn’t because he didn’t want to cause a scene.”

After the apology was issued, Helle stated that this could be a learning situation to teach the public about state gun laws, Fox News reported.

“We thank the owners of Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse for acknowledging the mistake by one of their employees and for issuing a statement of support of San Antonio Police Officers,” said Helle. “While we hope this wasn’t an example of anti-police bias, at the very least this incident shows that public-serving establishments need to be better educated about state gun laws, particularly as they apply to Police Officers.”

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Texas law states that establishments can’t deny service to an officer or special investigator who is carrying a weapon on the premises, as long as they are authorized to carry the weapon.

So find the douchbag who tossed the officer out, arrest and charge him with violating state law and send him to jail. Publicize this.

Maybe more SJW idiots will think twice before doing this again.

Posts: 9042 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post