SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your Age / Bedtime ?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Age / Bedtime ? Login/Join 
posted
I’m 51yo. Always in bed for 2200 and up at 0500. I do get up several times to pee. I probably haven’t slept through the night without getting up in 15 years. Curious where y’all stand

Posts: 764 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm 40. In bed somewhere between 9 and 10 pm and up at 5:30 am. Rarely have to get up in the middle of the night.

I've gotten to the point where if I don't get close to a full 8 hours of sleep, I'm miserable the next day.

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
65, in bed anywhere between 9 pm and 12 midnight, up anywhere from 5:30 am to, but no later than, 7:00. I have no schedule to keep any more, hence the variation.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
65. Like Rogue, I'm usually in bed between 9-10pm, unless I can't put a book down or maybe if it's trivia night. I set an alarm, but almost always wake up around 6am before the alarm.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
51, 11, 530

Prior to being diagnosed 17 years ago with combined sleep apnea (both obstructive and central sleep apnea), I used to get up 2 or 3 times per night to pee. I was surprised when my sleep doc asked me how many times a night I get up to pee and then went on to state that if you have sleep apnea the brain is trying to come up with a reason why you woke up it and in its foggy state often misdiagnosis the bladder. Since getting the BiPAP (CPAP with different inhale and exhale pressures), I only get up a handful of times per year to pee (usually because my subconcious is bugging me and I wake up at 0 dark thirty so I might as well drain the lizard since I'm not going back to sleep).

If you get up to pee one or more times a night to sleep, do you have any of these symptoms:
  • Loud snoring, which is usually more prominent in obstructive sleep apnea
  • Episodes of breathing cessation during sleep witnessed by another person
  • Abrupt awakenings accompanied by shortness of breath, which more likely indicates central sleep apnea
  • Awakening with a dry mouth or sore throat
  • Morning headache
  • Difficulty staying asleep (insomnia)
  • Excessive daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia)
  • Attention problems
  • Irritability

Mayoclinic.com's website says to Consult a medical professional if you experience, or if your partner notices, the following:
  • Snoring loud enough to disturb the sleep of others or yourself
  • Shortness of breath, gasping for air or choking that awakens you from sleep
  • Intermittent pauses in your breathing during sleep
  • Excessive daytime drowsiness, which may cause you to fall asleep while you're working, watching television or even driving

Obviously, there are other reasons for getting up to pee at night such as enlarged prostate or ordinary aging (As we get older, our bodies produce less of an anti-diuretic hormone that enables us to retain fluid. With decreased concentrations of this hormone, we produce more urine at night. Another reason for nocturia among the elderly is that the bladder tends to lose holding capacity as we age. Finally, older people are more likely to suffer from medical problems that may have an effect on the bladder.) The reason why I'm posting is that sleep apnea left untreated can have severe consequences up to an including death.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23691 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Step by step walk the thousand mile road
    Picture of Sig2340
    posted Hide Post
    64 years old.

Up at 0400 or slightly earlier in order to get to the gym by 0450.

I hit the sack between 1800 and 2000.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
    Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32055 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Bed by 1900 hours, asleep by 2000 hours
    Up at 0330

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 823 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    On the cusp of 77 Smile
    It varies wildly with sleep usually being in 2.5 hour periods except naps which are somewhat shorter.
    Been this way for eons as lifetime insomnia and then apnea (treated starting in 1997) have contributed to never having had a stable sleep routine.
    I'm fond of saying that some days I'm up at oh-dark-thirty and others well after noon. Bedtime can range from 5 or 6 o'clock to midnight depending on how much and when I previously slept.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of P250UA5
    posted Hide Post
    Usually in bed around 10pm, read for an hour or so & lights out around 11.
    Alarm goes off at 5:30 during the week.
    Usually up between 7-8 on the weekend.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16014 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Oriental Redneck
    Picture of 12131
    posted Hide Post
    64 and there is no set routine for me. My internal clock has been out of order since college days.

Q

Posts: 27624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Make America Great Again
    Picture of bronicabill
    posted Hide Post
    I'm 63 and go to bed whenever I can sleep. Most days that means somewhere between 0600 to 0800; rarely do I really sleep at night anymore, and it drives me crazy!

Posts: 4789 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Void Where Prohibited
    Picture of WaterburyBob
    posted Hide Post
    When I worked, in bed at 8:30 pm and up at 3:30 am.
    I'm 69 and fully retired 7 months ago. Now it's bed anywhere from 11:00 pm to 12:30 am and up between 6:30 am and 8:00 am.

I do usually wake up at 3:00-3:15 am EVERY night, but I quickly fall back to sleep.
    Rarely have to get up to use the bathroom.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    No, not like
    Bill Clinton
    Picture of BigSwede
    posted Hide Post
    54 Go to bed at 2330-2400 up at 0700 during the week, rarely get up to pee unless a lot of beer was had

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    65 yo. Sleep around midnight, up at 5am or thereabouts. Often once or twice to pee, but not always.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Posts: 16958 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Perception
    posted Hide Post
    40, 10ish, 530ish, unless I've got a good book in which case all bets are off.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
    "Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
    "I did," said Ford, "it is."
    "So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
    "It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
    "You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
    "Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
    "But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
    "Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3586 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ridewv
    posted Hide Post
    70 and generally go to bed between 10:00 - 11:00 and almost always read for an hour before turning off the light.
    I sleep very well and probably average getting up once to use the bathroom, sometimes twice if I've been drinking a lot of water, although often not at all.
    No alarm I just get going a few minutes after I wake up, which is around 6:00 this time of year.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7288 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    61… usually in bed by 9, read for an hour, up at 4 am, have been getting up at 4 am for so long, I automatically wake up around that with or without an alarm.

Posts: 506 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
    posted Hide Post
    65. Sunday-Thursday in bed at 2200 up @ 0500.
    Friday night and Saturday depends on what's
    going on, usually TV or book till midnight
    still up by 0500.

I do have to pee about 0400 almost every night.
    I feel like if I'm not up by 0500 I have
    overslept.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Diablo Blanco
    Picture of dking271
    posted Hide Post
    52 / 22:30 - 05:30 w/ 30 min +/- on either side. I used to struggle with sleep, both getting to and staying asleep. Staying on a schedule helped considerably and going to bed when I’m tired even if it might be a little earlier than normal helps as well.

Posts: 3031 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    61. Unless something special is going on, I'm generally lights out between 11:00 and 11:30pm. Usually up around 5:30. Up to pee one time most nights.
    When I was working (happily retired now for a while) I'd crash out at 9:00pm so that I could get up at 2:30. My current routine is a dream compared to that!

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3529 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post