SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brown Paper Grocery Bags Everywhere Once Again!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brown Paper Grocery Bags Everywhere Once Again! Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Yes, City of Anchorage decided to save the environment and show how progressive they are with their plastic bag ban. Retailers can use paper bags but are required to charge 10 cents a piece for them. Maximum 50 cents charge per purchased not charged to those on government assistance. It applies to all retailers, not just grocery stores. The one exception is plastic bags may be used for bottles of wine. Why? The mayor at the time was part owner of a restaurant that sold wine.

It's opposite world...If anything belongs in a paper bag, it's bottles of wine! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8875 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Yes, City of Anchorage decided to save the environment and show how progressive they are with their plastic bag ban. Retailers can use paper bags but are required to charge 10 cents a piece for them. Maximum 50 cents charge per purchased not charged to those on government assistance. It applies to all retailers, not just grocery stores. The one exception is plastic bags may be used for bottles of wine. Why? The mayor at the time was part owner of a restaurant that sold wine.

It's opposite world...If anything belongs in a paper bag, it's bottles of wine! Roll Eyes

Ah yes, Los Anchorage. It's a shame as it was a highly conservative city when I was a kid before Statehood (which my Dad was highly opposed to).

And the best wine is in a cardboard box with a screw top.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flash-LB,

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Aldi's has nice heavy plastic bags with handles.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I typically use the Kroger plastic bags 5 times. First is when I take the groceries home. Second is when I used the bag to take my lunch to work. Third is when I throw it into my soft sided cooler as additional insulation for a couple of bottles of Tea when I head for the range. Forth is when I use the bags to take my fired shothell hulls separated by caliber back home. Fifth is to pick up waste when I take my dog for a walk. Note any bag that develops a hole gets tossed immediately because I won't carry dog poop in a bag with a hole in it.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5646 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
If you cut the paper bags right, you can get two silhouette targets out of them. I remember when I was back in school, mom would make book covers out of them too. They can be very useful.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post