SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car's in the shop, loaner is same make, model, 10 years newer, and...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car's in the shop, loaner is same make, model, 10 years newer, and... Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
You guys sound like a bunch of old men in here. May as well ask for your 8 tracks and unfiltered cigarettes back... Big Grin

Posts: 13124 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want my 8 track and Pall-Malls back. Also Schlitz Malt Liquor, Stout.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an Outback to me.
Love mine, but the biggest mistake I made when I bought mine was getting the four cylinder instead of the six.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 369 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of that "we know how to drive better than you do" crap that I purposely omitted on my 2017 Outback, now comes standard on the new ones. If someone could build me a brand new 2006 Toyota 4-Runner, like I had before the Outback, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Got a call from the repair shop...it's going to take a little longer...reportedly a couple seized bolts. Roll Eyes

So I have the loaner for a bit longer.

Took it for a little bit of a drive yesterday, gave a ride to family member who might be in the market for a new(er) vehicle in a year or so just to give them an idea of where 'brand new' cars are right now.

We both pretty much agreed...it was OK...nice enough...of course it's brand new...but we wouldn't buy it if we were on the lot shopping.

Techno...too much for me. It does the shutoff at a stop thing. When I took a sip from my drink, a little note came up on status screen to telling me keep my eyes on the road Roll Eyes Thanks Karen. I believe it also has the lane travel monitor function, but I think its disabled at the moment. I suspect you can set it maintain the following distance on cruise control...another annoying feature...

While there are probably lots of 'marginal' drivers who are challenged to 'keep it between the fence posts' on the road, for folks who can actually drive well/safely...probably not a favorite. IMHO, building too much dependence on technology instead of actually paying attention. When they get to 100% auto-pilot cars (in the not too distant future) where you can take a nap and wind up at your destination, that might be another story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwesfKJ1AI

Absolutely uninspiring performance wise...took the on-ramp to the highway and gave it some gas...the engine got louder and it accelerated, calmly, smoothly, in no particular rush. IMHO, it certainly wasn't anything where you'd have a high degree of confidence trying to merge in on a busy freeway with cars going 60+ unless you have a generous safety margin/gap in traffic.

Anyhow, hopefully getting my 6 cylinders back tomorrow. No dash scolding, much less big brother, and the ability to get to 60 mph in an interval that needs more than a sun dial to measure.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, is this a riddle? WTF model car are we talking about here?

Nearly two pages of inquiring minds would like to know... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8909 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This helps explain why the biggest selling line of vehicle in the USA, for the last 43 years, is the Ford F series pickup. Just got a new F250 diesel, my 4th. It still has Power for on-ramps etc. Much safer to drive. Do miss the CD player on the new one, though.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Soooo...shop is now reportedly waiting on those couple boltsRoll Eyes...supposed to be done on Monday...so now I've got the loaner thru the weekend.

*Sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2IaQ7ECUY

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So do we have to wait for you to pick it up before you finally tell us what type of vehicle it is?

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
The neeeewww Allante?

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Does Boss1 even read the replies?

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is as bad as that stupid P210 thread. This is up there with click bait titles.

Ok boomer, what is the make of your car?

Posts: 7524 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I believe he is teasing on purpose

Posts: 5327 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Car repairs were finished this afternoon, but the extended warranty company had 2 hrs. to issue payment, and shop wants $$ before letting me have my car back, and that two hrs. pushed it past closing time...

Soooo...hopefully dropping off the loaner and getting my car back tomorrow am.

Fingers crossed.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Ok boomer, what is the make of your car?

You really expect a response after that “ok boomer” BS?

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Boss1 is just having a monologue so why not fuck with him?

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I thought this was a forum to exchange thoughts, experiences and opinions, not a personal blog rambling about one’s life while ignoring every person’s comments.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
It ain't a Boss 302!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Well this is stupid

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
So do we have to wait for you to pick it up before you finally tell us what type of vehicle it is?

What difference does it make ? Observation remains relevant

Posts: 1404 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post