SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car's in the shop, loaner is same make, model, 10 years newer, and...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car's in the shop, loaner is same make, model, 10 years newer, and... Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
I'm looking forward to getting my 2010 back...

Yes, the loaner is a 2020 'Touring' Edition with under 600 miles on the clock...all the bells & whistles...leather, heated/cooled seats, folding side mirrors, huuuuuggge touch screen right in the middle of the dash...satellite radio yada yada yada…I won't have it long enough/care enough to try and figure it all out. I will give it props...for just 'cruising along,' it is very comfortable. Sticker is a few bills under $40K.

It's got the 4 cyl. & CVT vs. my 6 cyl. & regular tranny. To say the loaner is 'underwhelming' is a nice way of saying it would be good for the retired librarian who always sets the cruise control safely 3 mph below the posted speed limit.

In another 20+ years where I put 'cruising comfort' (which it does have) over some semblance of having an actual throttle connected to something other than a herd of gerbils under the hood, I might give it another look.

But for now, looking forward to getting mine back in a couple days with the old school CD changer, no screen, nav nothing and at least a couple ponies in the stable.

$.02 worth.

Cheers,
Boss

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Boss1,

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What car? I’m with you on CVT’s.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Make and model?

Are we talking about a Prius, or a Corvette?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, what car are talking about here? Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8909 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an outback.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guessing an Accord. Honda uses the Touring trim.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
Guessing an Accord. Honda uses the Touring trim.

So does Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Mazda, and a bunch others.

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Certainly sounds like a Subaru Outback.

The 2020 has the huge screen in the center, 4 cyl CVT in the Touring trim, big and comfy, underwhelming power.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Karman Ghia?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Touring Edition is a little too descriptive. Next time, just say I'm getting a car with four wheels and an engine, guess what it is.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Renault Dauphine Gordini?

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Karman Ghia?
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30687 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
CVT's blow

Infinity QX50?

What's the prize?

Posts: 5327 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The biggest issue I had with a rental as my car was in the shop, is that I was amazed there was no cd player in it. The screens are cool, if you can figure out how to use them but some cars are just way too advanced for me. We got my wife a new car last year and it is amazing what they can do. I still prefer my older one for now.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
CD players have gone the way of the Dodo, it's all MP3, Pandora and such

Posts: 5327 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its the Lamborghini....weren't you paying attention?

Posts: 53192 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
CVT's blow

Infinity QX50?

What's the prize?

I think the OP forgot about it but I don't see a Touring model for the QX50.
Pure: $38,275
Luxe: $41,275
Essential: $45,125
Sensory: $49,925
Autograph: $54,875

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
ooooh what kinda interest rate do you get on one of them CD changers Wink

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I had the loaner routine similar to yours. More bells and whistles than mine had at the time. The cupholder spotlight built in the overhead console was the absolute worst.

I did like the center console in the newer model, so I bought one and put it in mine. The ($20) DVD changer came later.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Can't be a Honda Pilot Touring, pretty sure it's still a V6 and no CVT.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6215 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post