SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Béchamel (Northen Italian Style) Vs Ricotta (Sothern Italian Style) Lasagna
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Béchamel (Northen Italian Style) Vs Ricotta (Sothern Italian Style) Lasagna Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My first experience with this style of cooking was in college. I arranged a dinner for a group that included a political science professor who had an Italian wife—she was Florentine. The main dish was cannelloni, and I’m sure the sauce was Béchamel. The Florentine lady was thoroughly delighted, as in that part of Northern California one normally only saw Sicilian-style Italian cuisine.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cannelloni is another labor intense dish, and like most Italian dishes, there's various versions depending on location. Bachemal sauce is definitely used for the most elevated versions.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting motivated for some cooking this weekend

Northern style (Emilia) chef Massimo Spigaroli is better known for his high-end culatello, which is high-end, premium prosciutto. He was featured in one of Anthony Bourdain's episodes.

Southern Style (Sorrento) chef took a modern turn with his version

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As always, learn something new on sigforum.

Beancooker, those look amazing. Got to try that soon.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post