SIGforum
Béchamel (Northen Italian Style) Vs Ricotta (Sothern Italian Style) Lasagna

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8790088284

June 26, 2021, 10:53 AM
sjtill
Béchamel (Northen Italian Style) Vs Ricotta (Sothern Italian Style) Lasagna
My first experience with this style of cooking was in college. I arranged a dinner for a group that included a political science professor who had an Italian wife—she was Florentine. The main dish was cannelloni, and I’m sure the sauce was Béchamel. The Florentine lady was thoroughly delighted, as in that part of Northern California one normally only saw Sicilian-style Italian cuisine.

June 26, 2021, 11:59 AM
corsair
Cannelloni is another labor intense dish, and like most Italian dishes, there's various versions depending on location. Bachemal sauce is definitely used for the most elevated versions.
July 20, 2021, 08:36 PM
corsair
Getting motivated for some cooking this weekend

Northern style (Emilia) chef Massimo Spigaroli is better known for his high-end culatello, which is high-end, premium prosciutto. He was featured in one of Anthony Bourdain's episodes.

Southern Style (Sorrento) chef took a modern turn with his version

July 21, 2021, 08:41 AM
TRIO
As always, learn something new on sigforum.

Beancooker, those look amazing. Got to try that soon.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.