SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HoF Manager Tommy Lasorda Has Passed, 93
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HoF Manager Tommy Lasorda Has Passed, 93 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
May he RIP. I love watching the videos of him fighting with the Philly Phanatic. I'm pretty sure there was real hate there.

Posts: 343 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Garvey and Cey. Steve Sax, Mike Scioscia and Yeager.

They had the same four infielders for TEN consecutive years; Garvey, Lopes, Cey and Russell. I don't think we'll ever see that again. So little continuity anymore.

Not in this age of astronomical second contracts, free agency and especially sabermetrics. Those player personnel directors are now constantly fiddling with acquisitions and developing young (lower cost) talent ever since analyzing player metrics have come to dominate the sport.

RIP, Mr. Lasorda. A long life with a LOT of entertaining times. Hated the Dodgers, but no denying that they were often pretty damn good under Lasorda's leadership.

-MG

Posts: 2016 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He made baseball fun. RIP.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think what I will remember is that although it was a business he was also aware that it was a game. Entertainment.

He did good. You can’t say that about a lot of them these days.

Posts: 53237 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54711 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post