SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Near Blue Ridge, GA?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Near Blue Ridge, GA? Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Going to be staying in a cabin near Blue Ridge, GA for the next few days. Anyone on the forum live around there?

Posts: 4592 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My mom n dad live in Franklin NC, not too far from Blue Ridge GA. It’s beautiful there this time of year, cool in the evenings..deer and animals out and about...the tourists haven’t showed up yet to gawp at leaves...

Hope you have a good time.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’m about 60 miles south of Blue Ridge, but that is the area I’ll be retiring to in about 13 years. Beautiful area there and awesome people.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3971 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I have a place there but am not a full time resident.( see my cut)

shoot me an email if you'd like some info.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
ok. some quick basics. since this is a gun forum I'll tell you that they are good folks at Blue Ridge pawn shop. Ace hardware has a huge inventory , even some SIGs.
Panthertop range near Murphy N.C. is a nice place to shoot.

Downtown has plenty of shops, craft breweries, and restaurants. It is worth a visit or two.Also a train goes up to McCaysville and back.

Merciers Apple house is much more than that, a must see.

Blue Ridge lake is still very warm and there is a nice public area including a swim beach at Morganton point.

Please bring some rain with you.
Regards
9x18

Oh , bluegrass Thursday;
https://www.blueridgemountains.../pickin-in-the-park/

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I am about 45 minutes from there.
Check out Alexanders Store, just south of Blairsville. They have a decent gun store inside there and just about everything else you could want.
Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia has great views of the nearby states from the building at the top.
Blue Ridge itself has a lot of nice stores on the main street.

Posts: 9524 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I’m about 70 miles away. Beautiful area. Not sure on weather right now. Closer to ATL we’ve had some very hot weather for weeks and no rain. 90’s. Only 70 at night. So it’s hot but not as humid for now. It’s not really time for leaves to change but there are several around here doing it. Not sure if it’s the heat or the trees think it should be that time anyway.

Several areas to just day trip all in about an hour or less.
Dahlonega - known for a gold rush in 1800’s. Has an old mine that gives a really good tour and history lesson. You can pan for gold also. Just a few flakes but guaranteed.
Ellijay - known for its apples.
Helen - Swiss Alps German themed town with food, drink, shops and river running through it.
Brasstown Bald - highest point in GA. Great views on a clear day. You hike it or if you want to pay can ride a bus up.
Waterfalls all through the area.
Amicalola Falls
Anna Ruby Falls
Tallulah Falls
There’s others though you could look up. Just search North GA waterfalls.

There is always a good BBQ joint in the mountains.
North GA Premium Oulet if your that type of shopper
Murphy, NC is close

Looks like there is a Grumpy Old Men Brewery in Blue Ridge with great reviews.

We go up there in the fall for apples, leaves, BBQ and waterfalls. It’s nice. So if your willing to drive you’ll see a bunch. If your staying in town then there should be plenty of eateries and small business style shops. Enjoy and hopefully the weather cools off some.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cucina Rustica for awesome Italian.

Merciers for fried pie.

I dig some Blue Ridge.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2364 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I agree with all of the above. Some neat shops and places to eat downtown. A pretty good gun store.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
ok. some quick basics. since this is a gun forum I'll tell you that they are good folks at Blue Ridge pawn shop. Ace hardware has a huge inventory , even some SIGs.
Panthertop range near Murphy N.C. is a nice place to shoot.

Downtown has plenty of shops, craft breweries, and restaurants. It is worth a visit or two.Also a train goes up to McCaysville and back.

Merciers Apple house is much more than that, a must see.

Blue Ridge lake is still very warm and there is a nice public area including a swim beach at Morganton point.

Please bring some rain with you.
Regards
9x18

Oh , bluegrass Thursday;
https://www.blueridgemountains.../pickin-in-the-park/

This is probably my 4th or 5th visit up there, but didn’t know about the pawn shop or Ace hardware! In the past I’ve always been with the spousal unit so didn’t get to search out those places. This time... I am 100% on my own, and seriously looking forward to it!!!

Posts: 4592 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
My cousin lives in Morganton, I visit every year, heading down mid-October. Love the area.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Been there a couple times in BR and surrounding areas looking for a home. Small but interesting Downtown,BR lake is really nice,decent bar on the lake with good wings..

Posts: 2307 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Spent a week about two years ago traipsing around that area. Great place to visit. Lost of wineries, apples, and good food.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post