SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hats to wear when visiting a subsidiary?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hats to wear when visiting a subsidiary? Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
MAGA cap.

Posts: 22928 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i don't wear a hat indoors, period!!

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Well, if they’re making food, it’s that or a hairnet

Posts: 5744 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Related question: How hard should we push the centralized brand story?

The “parent” website is little more than a set of links - it has no direct consumer contact.

I’m thinking about putting a history/philosophy/adage company blog there, to parallel the “Family Wall” we have at the plant.

Interesting question. I remember the '84 Olympics in Los Angeles. There was a ton of ads for "Beatrice Foods" with a tag line "We're Beatrice" after showing pictures of brand names from the store shelf that you recognized. I still remember this, not because it was important, but because it irritated me so much. Why should I care who makes Clark Bars? So what if you own La Choy canned vegetables?

Branding is important when it connects to the consumer. Simply telling me that my favorite ice cream is owned by some large conglomerate food company isn't likely to make me happy or interest me. In fact, it might just piss me off, as I think the public generally sees smaller companies as more responsive to their needs, more focused on quality, and more responsible in their operations. Big companies are seen as just being in it for the cash.

For example, Breyer's Ice Cream used to be a premium product until Unilever turned it into frozen dairy dessert shit-in-a-box, and just trades on the name, milking profit out of what used to be a good product, and is now a sub-par pale shadow of it's prior self.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12791 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Soylent Inc.

Initech

Paper Street Soap Co.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) We’re hardly megafood, and It does help that the conglomerates keep screwing up.

B) I didn’t think about the public looking at it. I figured it would be more something curious employees/vendors/wholesale customers might look at.

Posts: 5744 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Overall brand, or a fez.

The fez is very popular, you know.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3451 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
See if you can find a “Los Pollos Hermanos” hat and tell everyone your name is Gus.

Ok…just kidding. Mostly…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Never wear a hat at work unless outside in the rain. I grew up in the 60's an 70's when hats were not popular and so did not usually wear one until recently.

Now when going out to shop or walk the dogs I wear either my Sig Academy hat or my Legion hat.... but I'm going to show my ignorance here....

what do you mean by a "subsidiary"?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

I agree with Artie here, unless you want to test out the fez.

Or I could send you one of these:

Cool

Excellent cap, if that one doesn’t hit the spot I could offer some alternatives Big Grin

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skip the hat, at least indoors.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
If I wear a hat it’s one of these….

Dude at the pizza place called me out on it.

My first thought:

Posts: 10984 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Excellent cap, if that one doesn’t hit the spot I could offer some alternatives Big Grin

I see what you did there, sir. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13512 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
People up North do not wear ballcaps unless the play Major League baseball or are Little League players.

Not sure where your "Up North" is but here in rural MN, most males wear ball caps. In the summer, on the hiking trails, even the women wear ball caps, at least the younger ones.
quote:
i don't wear a hat indoors, period!!

On the shop floor, in the manufacturing environment that my company operates, everyone wears a ball cap indoors, even the women.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post