SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    After ten years, several almosts, and a lot of waiting, I'm officially a motorcyclist again! WARNING! Pic Heavy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After ten years, several almosts, and a lot of waiting, I'm officially a motorcyclist again! WARNING! Pic Heavy Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I had a dirt bike the summer I graduated from highschool.
The best times of my life. Smile
Congrats.

Posts: 22927 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Nice bike!
It will look good with the bar end mirrors.
A Liter bike is heavy--might want sliders to prevent an oopsey.
Gas tank needs that vinyl applique to prevent any scratches.
Mine is a Yamaha R1. Thought about trading it in for 1300--none in stock nor within a 100 mile radius.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!!
Every man should own a bike. My ex wife had a problem with me having one hence the "ex" part.
Squeeze every drop of life outta this world and put some miles on that beautiful machine!

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Color me jealous green. My wife has pointed out repeatedly to me that I am much too old to learn how to ride a motorcycle. I'm afraid she is right, at almost 68 years old, I don't have the agility, and reflexes that I did a while ago. Frown

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Power wheelies in 1st-3rd Eek
So far this has been my biggest shock about the bike. The front wheel rises almost effortlessly, so much so you really need to exercise discretion twisting the throttle. It really fascinates me that the bike is really two bikes in one. Keep the RPM's under 5k and its a sporty daily driver. Run the RPM's up over 7k and up to near the 11k redline and it changes into an animal intent on attacking everything around it.
quote:
Be sure to sync all 4 carbs (perhaps after getting them rebuilt) and look for an Ivans carb Performance kit.
When I took it to the local shop after buying it for a once over, the tech drained the tank, disassembled and rebuilt the carbs (stock), and synched everything up as well as doing an oil and filter change and coolant change. As for more power, stock is just fine for me...for now. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nice score. That thing looks like it was kept under glass for 20 years.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17287 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!
The best your way!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I want to find another VMAX in that kinda shape…. Cool

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post