SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    South African Parliament votes to seize white owned land.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South African Parliament votes to seize white owned land. Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
'leave the keys'
Roll Eyes

South African radical: White farmers should 'leave the keys' when they go

We've been covering the ongoing tragedy for white farmers in South Africa for more than a year, culminating in a law passed by the radical South African parliament that expropriates white farmland that's been in the same family for hundreds of years without compensation.

Predictably, this has set off a wave of violence against white South African farmers that has led to the death of one white every five days, according to Newsweek:

Activists say South African authorities are tacitly approving attacks on the country's white farmers, with one being murdered every five days, and the police turning a blind eye to the violence.

The white nationalist lobbying group AfriForum says that when lawmakers passed a motion last month which could see land being seized from farmers without compensation, it sent a message that landowners could be attacked with impunity.

It said there have been 109 recorded attacks so far in 2018 and 15 farm murders, meaning that this year, one white farmer has been killed every five days.

In a statement, Ian Cameron, AfriForum's Head of Safety said: "Our rural areas are trapped in a crime war. Although the South African government denies that a violence crisis is staring rural areas in the face, the numbers prove that excessive violence plague these areas."

They may be "white nationalists," but that doesn't mean they should be slaughtered. But the radical black government claims it's a lie and that white farmers who are now fleeing to Australia should "leave the keys" to their houses and their tractors when they go.

News.com:

IF WHITE farmers want to flee for a "racist country" like Australia they should leave the keys to their houses and tractors behind, the head of South Africa's radical Marxist opposition party says.

But Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema, who recently declared his party was "cutting the throat of whiteness", denied white farmers were being killed. "We don't know violence, we know negotiations," Malema told a packed Human Rights Day rally in Mpumalanga Stadium on Wednesday.

"And we are very robust in our engagement sometimes. A racist country like Australia says: 'The white farmers are being killed in South Africa.' We are not killing them. Now Australia says: 'Malema, EFF want to kill white farmers, they must come to Australia.'

"If they want to go, they must go. They must leave the keys to their tractors because we want to work the land, they must leave the keys to their houses because we want to stay in those houses. They must leave everything they did not come here with in South Africa and go to Australia."

https://www.americanthinker.co...ys_when_they_go.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oh, I'd leave the keys, all right...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Somehow, I don't think this is going to work out the way that they think.

This will put a damper on foreign direct investment.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
Somehow, I don't think this is going to work out the way that they think.

It never does. These people are too stupid to be even leftists. They've got the recent history of Zimbabwe right in front of their eyes and are too myopic to see even that.

quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
This will put a damper on foreign direct investment.

If, by "damper," you mean "will kill": Yes, it will. In fact I expect any current foreign investment stakeholders are currently figuring out the least damaging way to GTFO now.

They're managing to turn a once-thriving country into a shithole in... what? A single generation? Less?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
2013:

"Over the last decade, it is estimated that at least 3000 white South African farmers, or Boers, have been have been murdered."

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...hite-farmers-so-far/

"In 2010 the ruling ANC regime passed legislation demanding all firearms be re-registered with the state. Then they turned down half of those registrations and forced farmers to turn in their guns. Many believe this is a prelude to genocide.
Front Page Magazine reported:

Like so many societies where demonstrating who’s in control becomes a necessity, disarming the population becomes a priority. In 2010, the ANC-led regime changed the Firearms Registration Act, demanding that all legal guns be re-registered by July 31, 2011. In the process of re-registration, more than half the applicants were turned down, and 90 percent were turned down again on appeal. Thus, white farm families were forced to relinquish their last line of defense against the tens of thousands of criminal gangs roaming the countryside–armed with AK47s. and as Genocide Watch noted on its website last July one more step was taken as well. “The government has disbanded the commando units of white farmers that once protected their farms, and has passed laws to confiscate the farmers’ weapons,” it reported. “Disarmament of a targeted group is one of the surest early warning signs of future genocidal killings.”

1993-2006:

Senator Feinstein had experienced two assassination attempts as a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, in which Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk were killed while in office. In 1993, Feinstein, along with then-Representative Charles Schumer (D-NY) and Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy (who lost two of his brothers to assassination), led the fight to ban many semi-automatic firearms deemed assault weapons and restrict the sale of high capacity magazines. The ban was passed as part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.

In 2004, when the ban was set to expire, Feinstein sponsored a 10-year extension of the ban as an amendment to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; while the amendment was successfully added, the act itself failed.[16] The act was then revived in 2005, and, despite Feinstein's best efforts, was passed without an extension of the assault weapons ban. In response to the Sandy Hook School massacre, Sen. Feinstein has reintroduced legislation to reinstate the ban on assault weapons, as well as many more restrictions.[17]

Discussing why the 1994 act only prohibited the manufacture or import of assault weapons, instead of the possession and sale of them, Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."[18]

In July 2006, Feinstein voted against the Vitter Amendment to prohibit federal funds being used for the confiscation of lawfully-owned firearms during a disaster.[19][20]
"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._of_Dianne_Feinstein

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15903 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.news24.com/SouthAf...ed-firearms-20171002

2017:

SAPS order quicker destruction of all confiscated firearms

2017-10-02 21:19

Paul Herman

Cape Town - Police stations around the country have been ordered to quicken the process of destroying all confiscated firearms, MPs heard on Monday.

Lieutenant General Gary Kruser, who was acting in interim police commissioner Lesetja Mothiba's stead, told MPs that a decision was made last week to speed up audits of all confiscated firearms.

They first have to complete the audit process before destruction can take place in phases, he said.

They therefore did not have a date for when it will be completed, but the SAPS are committed to destroying all illegal firearms in their possession as soon as possible, following a spate of embarrassing incidents where firearms have gone missing.

The police delegation were before Parliament to account for their 2016/17 annual report.

Posts: 15903 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
2018:

"Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters said during an event in Selma, Alabama on Saturday that she would “be happy” to secure financial reparations for black Americans."

Waters said as long as Democrats win back the House in 2020 and are able to get a president who is friendly to their agenda, it would be “wonderful” to get reparations.

“I’d be happy to do that. That’s no problem,” Waters said when an event attendee pressed her to support reparations.

“In order to get where we need to go on this issue and other issues, we really got to understand that 2018 is important in taking back the House and taking back the Senate,” Waters said. “And of course, we’ve got to get the White House back.”

“If we want to get to the point where we can get reparations, we’ve got to have the power to do that, number 1, by having a supportive president would be wonderful, but taking back the House would be absolutely wonderful,” she continued.

CNN commentator Angela Rye asked Waters if that was her “stump speech for 2020,” and Waters just laughed and said “that’s kinda it.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03...for-black-americans/

Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
They must leave everything they did not come here with in South Africa and go to Australia.

And there's the thing: The only thing "they" didn't "come here with"-- ignore, for a moment, that many of those families have been in SA for 150 years-- is corruption and barren soil. Which is precisely what they'll leave behind if they the go, whether Malema wants it or not.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Not only would I nuke the land with everything from salt, oil, kerosene,and agent orange, but I would boobie trap the shit out of every square inch and burn anything that wasn't dirt..
I'm talking shit from the movie First Blood along with a few thousand land mines. Then I'd mail over 100 poisonous critters from Australia every week.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
They must leave everything they did not come here with in South Africa and go to Australia.

And there's the thing: The only thing "they" didn't "come here with"-- ignore, for a moment, that many of those families have been in SA for 150 years-- is corruption and barren soil. Which is precisely what they'll leave behind if they the go, whether Malema wants it or not.

Zimbabwe here we come. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
So, I'm a white farmer in SA, and it's time to go? And the deal is, you're gonna take everything and I just get to leave with whatever I can pack in a suitcase?

I'm thinking there would be an ungodly bad fire that night, and it would consume the house, barn, all equipment, pump wells, etc. It would leave very little that could be salvaged, but hey, I'll gladly let you have what you can find. Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If every white farmer picked up and left today, by this time next year South Africa will look a lot like Somalia.

Once they have it from the current owners, they'll fight each other because they believe they deserve it more. It is what happens when you take things instead of earning them.

I work with a guy who was born in South Africa. He's the only real African American that I know and he's white. He still has family there, I'm waiting to hear from him their status.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37988 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
So, I'm a white farmer in SA, and it's time to go? And the deal is, you're gonna take everything and I just get to leave with whatever I can pack in a suitcase?

I'm thinking there would be an ungodly bad fire that night, and it would consume the house, barn, all equipment, pump wells, etc. It would leave very little that could be salvaged, but hey, I'll gladly let you have what you can find. Smile

agreed, if you are lucky to get away,

read a report over on gunboards ,
one of the moderators (JPS) told a story about his business partner narrowly escaping Zimbabwe when the locals decided to reclaim his farm

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:

One of my academy roommates was a guy from Rhodesia whose family came to the States in the early 1980s after Mugabe & his cronies came to power in the new Zimbabwe. His mom was a U.S. Citizen who married his Rhodesian dad (who was a lawyer by education but his family had been in ranching in Rhodesia since before the turn of the century.)

Side note: Blond hair, blue eyes, and likes to point out that he's "African-American."

His uncles apparently had the same "exit strategy" you foresee, with the addition of spiking the wells and destroying the pumps. Cattle had already been sold off en masse, months before. The family left variously to the USA, Namibia, and Canada.

Their ranches were empty dustbowls within the year. Free land wasn't enough for the "veterans" that the government redistributed their stuff to, not without any actual desire to work the land, or knowledge to get water out of the ground, or keep topsoil from blowing away, or, or, or....

Meanwhile, the emigres are doing just fine in their new homes. My buddy's family are some of the most grateful, patriotic Americans you could ever meet, and those in other countries apparently were contributors there from day one.

Africa: Satan's Petri Dish, in every sense.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

My farm would be a booby trap. It would be a spectacular mushroom cloud taking everyone on the premises with it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Doctor I used to work with, He graduated High School in South Africa, Immigrated here.
They had their 20th High School reunion Here in the States. That was over 20 years ago. Anybody who could has already bailed.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"‘We will print more money and give it to the unemployed to end poverty in South Africa’, Says new minister of Finance"

I think you can safely treat this article as fake news. I work in the SA financial markets and Nene is generally well regarded. Also, I've seen no mention of this supposed quote anywhere in the mainstream press or even heard it mentioned in general discussion.

Posts: 101 | Location: Jhb, South Africa | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:....Free land wasn't enough for the "veterans" that the government redistributed their stuff to, not without any actual desire to work the land, or knowledge to get water out of the ground, or keep topsoil from blowing away, or, or, or....

Forced redistribution of wealth will always fail. Productive people will move away or cut back. Non productive people will maintain their demand to eat from someone else's garden. The only beneficiaries are the govt who feed themselves first. But in time they too will go hungry.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigamt:
"‘We will print more money and give it to the unemployed to end poverty in South Africa’, Says new minister of Finance"

I think you can safely treat this article as fake news. I work in the SA financial markets and Nene is generally well regarded. Also, I've seen no mention of this supposed quote anywhere in the mainstream press or even heard it mentioned in general discussion.

It seems too stupid an idea even for leftists, but, given the country's other actions since the ANC gained power, can anybody be blamed for lending it credence?

More importantly: Does it even matter? Again, given the government's other actions, SA is clearly destined to be another Zimbabwe, anyway.

I see you're 1. In Johannesburg, 2. In the financial markets, 3. Since you're here: Quite likely a gun owner. Or, at least, once were a gun owner.

Aren't you in a rather precarious position atm? Particularly, from what I've been reading, if you're white?

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

I see the point, and agree with the sentiments expressed, but any sabotage is entirely unnecessary.

Once the whites leave, the leftists in charge will NOT be able to farm the land (nor will they even try - hard work is for 'suckas.' They will sit back and wait for 'somebody else' to do it, collecting their large sums of free printed money, as the land goes to ruin.

The end result will be the same - a once-thriving society will turn to crap, and the leftists responsible will do nothing but blame 'whitey.'

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21851 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post