SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE in OP: home owner was a Vietnam Vet (and white) ---> Aurora CO officers shoot home owner after home owner shoots intruder during home invasion
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE in OP: home owner was a Vietnam Vet (and white) ---> Aurora CO officers shoot home owner after home owner shoots intruder during home invasion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Remember what you saw the first time you watched, in real time.
That’s what the cops saw when they had to make a decision.
No slow motion, no watching it three times, no knowing the guy in the robe was the home owner.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
What the hell was the guy coming out of the house right then for?

In any event damn sorry it went down like it did. Sounds like a great man.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
While I'll be the first to call out Gestapo-like tactics by police, these cops were damned if they do, damned if they don't.

For all the REMFs & Armchair QBs watching from their Lazy-Bois, what would you say if the cops heard the gunshots, stayed outside, only to later find out that the real perp had taken the gun from the homeowner, shot him, then shot the kid?

Because the cops are going upon what they are told. Break-in, someone trying to kill a baby, someone on drugs. Then gunshots and a man with a gun who isn't responding to commands. Same thing here, gunshots, man with a gun not complying. It's not the cops fault old man can't hear.

The same people who say this was a horrible shoot are the same ones who say some poor sap deserved to get shot by cops for not complying with their commands by the side of the road to "drop the gun".

And unfortunately we live in a world where the no-loads can watch everything in HD from the comfort of their homes and judge, even when they have never likely experienced a life threatening event, where your heart is pounded, shit is confusing, and people squalling at you. I've never done it as a cop, but I had plenty of it in the military.

Life is easy on the sidelines. Just show up and color in between the lines. But some people actually get into the game.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hard to pass judgement after watching the video, life is not black and white. If black is wrong, the cops were a darker hue of gray, I wouldn't convict them of anything, but they definitely fucked up. When they arrived on scene they could have asked the screaming lady for a quick description of perp and her husband. They also could have waited a bit longer or until the homeowner raised his gun or moved towards them.

It's a shitty, shitty thing that happened, but I'm not going to lock the officer up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Money to the family. Jail for the cop. Not probable but certainly deserved. Negligent use of deadly force and sheer stupidity for not assessing the situation and the actors involved.

Run up and shoot. Good strategy guys. Well done.

Sickening.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post