SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Entitled millionaire jock takes shot at UAL after pregnant wife forced to pick up child’s mess. Got hammered on Twitter.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Entitled millionaire jock takes shot at UAL after pregnant wife forced to pick up child’s mess. Got hammered on Twitter. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
He thought wrongly he could take this public and have people take his side.

But, yes, if it was my pregnant wife, I would also be upset. Kids are going to be kids and they'll be messy.

Do we make parents clean up the mess their children drop on the floor in a restaurant? Was the popcorn on the floor a safety issue? Did they not have a broom on the plane or a vacuum?
Nobody ever made us except ourselves, but we generally cleaned up after the kids. On a few occasions we left an oversized tip and an apology instead, but generally we just cleaned up. It is part of being a good human and a good thing to teach one’s kids by example.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Maybe next time they can bring their maid along. You know they have one. Wifey ain't cleaning their crib.

Posts: 5765 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
He thought wrongly he could take this public and have people take his side.

But, yes, if it was my pregnant wife, I would also be upset. Kids are going to be kids and they'll be messy.

Do we make parents clean up the mess their children drop on the floor in a restaurant? Was the popcorn on the floor a safety issue? Did they not have a broom on the plane or a vacuum?

We cleaned up after hours until they were old enough and then we made them clean it up.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Pick up your damn mess. Pregnant? Boo hoo. A lot of pregnant women work regular jobs way late into their pregnancy without problems. Many years ago, one of our nurses in the pedi ER worked all the way until near her due date. Never a problem.

Yep, 5 months pregnant, she wasn't going to go into labor on the plane. If she had a short cervix, or other pregnancy issues, she should stay the fuck off airplanes and have her kids mess up their home instead. Most of the women in my life who had kids, they worked late into their pregnancies. And what the fuck, giving her two year old popcorn. Might as well give the kid sodas in a martini glass, no sippy cup.

I hate it when parents bring toddlers to restaurants and then leave a huge mess. Because I have been seated after these cretins, and the staff just can't get it clean enough in a short amount of time. And usually if the kids are young enough to make a mess, they are also young enough to be screaming their heads off.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16719 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I believe I read that the popcorn was offered to the kids by the attendant. In my mind that changes the scenario a bit.

I'm all for accountability, but if I am minding my own and you offer the popcorn, don't be shocked when small kids make a mess.

Also think I read she was like 11 weeks along at the time (may be wrong), so she isn't super preggo right now. Bending over is gonna get real, but right now probably ain't it.

Either way, putting everything that offends your widdle feewings on social medial makes you look like a manchild, so stop it, already. Go fill a bath with Benjamins, and soak for a while in your cash to unwind. Also, next time charter a jet, already....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Im gonna guess there is more to this story. I wouldn’t make any comment without hearing more.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I still have seen anything that explains exactly how she was forced to clean the mess.

Did the Flight Attendant threaten her with a gun?

Was an Air Marshall involved?

What kind of physical coercion was used?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I still have seen anything that explains exactly how she was forced to clean the mess.

Did the Flight Attendant threaten her with a gun?

Was an Air Marshall involved?

What kind of physical coercion was used?

That, too.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
Im gonna guess there is more to this story. I wouldn’t make any comment without hearing more.

I'd agree. Something along the lines of the mother telling the FA that she needed to clean it up and FA saying no (Other things to do. Not her job). Given the general state of untidiness on airplanes, I'd think that absolutely nothing would have been said if she had left the popcorn and walked off the plane at the end of the flight. Cleaning crew would have vacuumed it up and moved on.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
7.61 ERA Roll Eyes

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3455 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I believe I read that the popcorn was offered to the kids by the attendant. In my mind that changes the scenario a bit.

I'm all for accountability, but if I am minding my own and you offer the popcorn, don't be shocked when small kids make a mess.

Also think I read she was like 11 weeks along at the time (may be wrong), so she isn't super preggo right now. Bending over is gonna get real, but right now probably ain't it.

Either way, putting everything that offends your widdle feewings on social medial makes you look like a manchild, so stop it, already. Go fill a bath with Benjamins, and soak for a while in your cash to unwind. Also, next time charter a jet, already....

The popcorn comes in a bag inside snack boxes that are offered for purchase. It’s one of many boxes available and not all have popcorn. It isn’t like a FA saw two toddlers and popped them popcorn just for fun.

She bought the snack boxes knowing the contents.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
I've seen this kind of rude parenting before. I've also seen bitchy flight attendants. I've seen entitled very wealthy people who are so far above the rest of us that they wouldn't dream of cleaning up anything.

I'm leaning towards the flight attendant requesting the parents pick up, and the parents being total assholes over it. F/As do try to get passengers to throw away trash rather than leave it behind. But it is not likely the F/A made a big deal about it.

Most celebs I've had on board were polite. Most want to be left alone. Most like a polite discrete acknowledgment from the crew of who they are just for their own ego.

A few are entitled pricks, and that's what these people appear to be. Having to speak with the hired help is distasteful enough. Actually picking up their kids' mess is just too much.

Posts: 9470 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
She is no celebrity. At a 7.61 ERA he isn’t much of a celebrity. Lol

They are the jerks here. The FA might have been a part of the problem but she didn’t take to Twitter to complain about the peasants mistreatment of them, he did that. Douche move that appears to not be going the way he envisioned.

Yes, the fight attendant gave them popcorn, just like she gave them cocktails, gave them a safety briefing, gave them a flight. Handing mom a snack box that the airlines sells or provides isn’t the culinary equivalent of handing the toddler a hand grenade. That’s on mom.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
If women couldn't clean while pregnant there would be a lot less families with 2 or more children.

If she's too high risk to pick up popcorn her ass should be home on bed rest not on an airplane.
quote:
Bass has struggled to start his 2023 campaign with the Blue Jays, owning a 7.11 ERA after allowing five earned runs over 6.1 innings in seven appearances
The monster ERA may be the real reason he's acting like an entitled twatwaffle. If he keeps that up he'll either be traded or in the minors.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23304 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post