SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Entitled millionaire jock takes shot at UAL after pregnant wife forced to pick up child’s mess. Got hammered on Twitter.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Entitled millionaire jock takes shot at UAL after pregnant wife forced to pick up child’s mess. Got hammered on Twitter. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/sports...-pick-up-childs-mess

Published April 17, 2023 5:38pm EDT
By Scott Thompson | Fox News

Toronto Blue Jays veteran reliever Anthony Bass was not happy with how United Airlines staff treated his pregnant wife and two children during a recent flight, and he used social media to voice his frustrations.

Bass said his pregnant wife, Sydney Rae Bass, who is the sister of Jessie James Decker, was forced down on her "hands and knees" to pick up the popcorn dropped by his 2-year-old daughter during a flight.

"The flight attendant @united just made my 22 week pregnant wife traveling with a 5 year old and 2 year old get on her hands and knees to pick up the popcorn mess by my youngest daughter," Bass tweeted. "Are you kidding me?!?!"

Bass didn’t get the reception on Twitter that he may have thought would come when he sent out the tweet.

One Twitter user said, "Genuinely curious who should clean up the mess your 2 year old made? As a parent of three kids I am the one responsible for them."

"The cleaning crew they hire!" Bass responded.

Jessie James Decker got involved on her Instagram Story as her sister told the camera that United gave her daughter's popcorn.

The incident seems to have been resolved, at least in the eyes of Bass.

Q

Posts: 26433 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Privileged assclown was my first thought when I saw the story.

Posts: 3463 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Are you kidding me... He is sounding like a " Do you know who we are??? And did the wifey get mouthy to the airline employe with same type of attitude of the upper crust prividleged toward the lowly airline employee ??????................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2016 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
"was forced down on her "hands and knees"
I'm curious about this. I'd like to know exactly what kind of "force" was used.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30705 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this was first class?

Id like to know what forced actually means. Physically pushed down? Verbally threatened? If they just asked her to clean it up. Its a non story.

p.s. she is smoking hot!!!!

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
According to this link:

quote:
Bass later confirmed that they were working on a resolution with the airline.

What fucking resolution you entitled bitch? You had to pick up your kids mess. That’s the resolution. It’s resolved. Your kids made a mess, you cleaned it up.

Fuck people are annoying.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15257 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
He thought wrongly he could take this public and have people take his side.

But, yes, if it was my pregnant wife, I would also be upset. Kids are going to be kids and they'll be messy.

Do we make parents clean up the mess their children drop on the floor in a restaurant? Was the popcorn on the floor a safety issue? Did they not have a broom on the plane or a vacuum?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like one of those feel-good stories where both sides are jerks.

Posts: 2487 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like 1st Class/upfront seating so, no 'special privileges' available, however I've seen passengers pig-out their seat-area (regardless of location) and, it's remarkable what people think they can get away with, because there's hired help to clean up after them. It's assholes like this that will come off with a 'it's their job' remark, thinking that's a free-ticket to be a dick.

Flight attendant actually scolded the mother? Was mom encouraging the kids to randomly toss popcorn around...did nothing to stop the behavior? Was the attendant one of those over-bearing 'Karen' types who have to tell mother's how to mother, because she's doing it all wrong?

Posts: 14664 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hey Anthony Bass-hole: You’ve made $10,806,283 in salary as a pampered athlete. That doesn’t include what you’ve made in endorsements etc.

Do the rest of us a favor, go buy a private jet charter share so you and your family don’t have to ride with us, the rest of the human race.

Posts: 11858 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course a parent should make an effort to clean the mess made by their child. In this particular case it seems likely that this mother’s character is what’s on display.

Character:
Ronald Reagan, after the assassination attempt, was found by an aid mopping up water that he had spilled on the floor of his hospital room. Arguably here was the most powerful single human in the world at that time on his hands and knees fixing the mess he’d made because he “didn’t want the nurse to have to do it.”

Silent

Posts: 1027 | Registered: February 02, 2008Report This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I am slightly torn on this one. And without being there to hear both sides of the story, I doubt I will come down on either side.

It was not long ago that my children were 2 years and 6 years old. And we liked to go out to eat. My kids would make a mess, on the table, on the floor, on the chairs. Now granted, they were not smearing feces all over the place, but things get dropped, liquid gets spilled, etc. Anyone who has kids understands this.

My wife and I would do a perfunctory cleaning, picking up large items, wiping up any spills, piling items so they could easily be taken away, etc. And knowing this would still require extra work of the restaurant staff, we would increase the size of the tip.

I can see the point of the poster and the concern for his wife. I can also see the other side. My guess is there was probably a bad attitude by one or both sides, then both dug in their heels and we ended up with a story on Twitter.

Posts: 2311 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
You know it was bad when they make you pick up the mess. They probably dumped a whole bag on the floor. I've traveled internationally a ton with my kids and never had to deal with that.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7074 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
She must not be too pregnant as I recall learning from our Dr. at least that after some # of weeks, woman should not fly. So its highly likely she is not 39 weeks and busting and huge.
So yeah clean up after your kids, entitled mom!
I see this in restaurants, women give their kids messy food to occupy them and it winds up on the floor for the staff to clean after they leave.
The balls of some people.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
So if his pregnate wife couldn't clean up after his spoiled brats, why can't he fo it?

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Pick up your damn mess. Pregnant? Boo hoo. A lot of pregnant women work regular jobs way late into their pregnancy without problems. Many years ago, one of our nurses in the pedi ER worked all the way until near her due date. Never a problem.

Q

Posts: 26433 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Maybe said wife will pay more attention to what her progeny are doing, going forward.

That's a good thing.

If Jocko wants his family attended by serfs who get paid to clean up their messes, and smile while doing so...he can buy his own private jet and hire the airborne janitors they seem to require.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoiled ass people

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Maybe said wife will pay more attention to what her progeny are doing, going forward.
And he. They're both of their kids, y'know Wink

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen, though.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
In our family if my wife were 22 weeks preggers and I were there I’d be cleaning up. Given that our kids are not entitled, if I weren’t there, the eldest would be doing it if I weren’t there and Mom wasn’t up to it. Our kids went out from an early age and learned how to behave in public. Yeah, little ones make messes, but one makes an effort to leave the place like you found it. Guy sounds like an idiot, and is not teaching his children to be good humans. Moron.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post