SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General)
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General) Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Thank God “actress” Rose McGowan has finally waded into the conversation-

“Dear #Iran, The USA has disrespected your country, your flag, your people. 52% of us humbly apologize. We want peace with your nation. We are being held hostage by a terrorist regime. We do not know how to escape. Please do not kill us. #Soleimani”

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowa...976832544460801?s=21

Best Twitter reply, so far:

"How dare you. Here. Kiss his ring" with a pic of his dead, blowed-up hand. Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I just saw some prominent political commentator say this Iranian General was their equivalent of General Eisenhower for us during WWII.<SNIP>

On principle I do not disagree. He was essentially the equivalent of head of the CIA/Special Forces/Etc all in one.

He was the one who oversaw Iraq and teaching the insurgents how to create IED's, use tactics and fight "dirty", with an overall goal of keeping the US from creating a stable Iraq.

This is a huge loss for Iran.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Somewhat surprised Ilhan Omar didn't mention; Some missiles did something.
She only uttered her her usual anti USA bile over this vermin's death.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I would just like to point out the dangers in legitimizing RT as a news organization. They cannot be trusted, and shouldn't be quoted. Yes, they cover news stories, but they also are a puppet of the Putin regime. The best spreader of bad information is the one that on the outside seems legitimate.

Read below for more information.

https://time.com/rt-putin/

Posts: 11170 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The attack on Soleimani apparently also nailed an Iraqi Iranian-backed militia leader. The talking heads on Fox, covering this story, just said the Iraqi parliament will be meeting, soon, and there's a possibility they'll vote to expel all U.S. forces from Iraq.

Go ahead: Do that. But the next time ISIS, Iran, or who-knows-who goes to take over your little paradise, destroy your "culture," and enslave your people, don't expect us to come running, again, to save your ass.

The American people are about fed up with the Mideast.
This 1000%

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
Typical meltdown by the left and their media stooges.

Iran has been attacking us directly and by proxy since forever. Here's what the left's position basically boils down to: Don't strike back after they attack us because they'll get angry and attack us.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
A former commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, Mohsen Rezaei, on Friday vowed “vigorous revenge against America” for the killing of Qassem Soleimani, head of the elite Duds Force.

As I remember, many years ago, someone in that region promised us the mother of all wars, and he was eventually found cowering in a hole in the ground. We will be happy to oblige any other saber rattlers a similar fate - I am sure they look forward to joining their martyred brothers.

Very impressive operation - great job to the US Military.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23283 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Not Possum Salami!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Iran has won the toss, and has elected to receive.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
About 750 from the 82nd Airborne were deployed to Kuwait 3 days ago in case that slipped by. More are expected to deploy.

Posts: 17896 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
To think the Iranians slammed Saudi Arabia as a cow being milked by the U.S.

In this case one could say the so-called Saudi cow is by proxy chewing its Quds.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
acta non verba

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1940 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
BTW, da fuq's a "Qud"? Roll Eyes How is that pronounced?

Assuming this wasn't rhetorical, Quds is pronounced "koods".

It's from al-Quds, the Arabic term for Jerusalem.

سپاه قدس‎ or "Quds Force" basically means the force to liberate Jerusalem. It's the international intelligence/terrorism arm of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Getting killed from a missile attack is considered dying from natural causes in that part of the world.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
I hope we kill Ayatollah Ali Khamenei too. There is a sizeable pro-democracy movement within Iran that will likely rise up and support us if we invade and occupy the country. I suspect we will only need a few thousand ground troops initially as the Iranians will surrender in droves and accept any transitional government we put in place.

Iranians are patriotic like any other citizens. Invading Iran will not be easy and will not make friends.
It looks like Trump plans to keep applying pressure and destabilize the current government while at the same time offering to support and help a replacement government. If there is sufficient unrest in the country, the leadership there could eventually see this as a profitable way forward and become more moderate.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1495 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
Iran has won the toss, and has elected to receive.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23283 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
Typical meltdown by the left and their media stooges.

Iran has been attacking us directly and by proxy since forever. Here's what the left's position basically boils down to: Don't strike back after they attack us because they'll get angry and attack us.

The anti-American clowns and buffoons in Washington D.C. and the msm are pathetic, but the more they expose themselves to the American people as such the better.

Regarding the POS terrorist pig, may he rest in piece. Many pieces!

To all of the liberal tears being shed over this, this was posted on the Treehouse as a reminder of how much the Crimson Kenyan loved himself some drone strikes -

From 'Council on Foreign Relations', 1/20/17 -

Obama's Final Drone Strike Data

From the last paragraph of the article -

Less than two weeks ago, the United States conducted a drone strike over central Yemen, killing one al-Qaeda operative. The strike was the last under Obama (that we know of). The 542 drone strikes that Obama authorized killed an estimated 3,797 people, including 324 civilians. As he reportedly told senior aides in 2011: “Turns out I’m really good at killing people. Didn’t know that was gonna be a strong suit of mine.”

Hmmmm. . .

Does any remember all of the liberal outrage, the gnashing of teeth and howling at the moon over obama murdering over 300 civilians (and I'm guessing likely more)?

They can all go to hell!

Posts: 3483 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
750 Paratroopers from the 82nd were sent to Kuwait on Thursday. Today another 3,500 are sent.

Get some ...

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
This event also serves another purpose. It puts Kim Jung whomever on notice that he's at risk, given his recent statements.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post