SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General)
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General) Login/Join 
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luis:
Hey, Mike. I wonder what stone is set in that ring. My guess is garnet or ruby. The metal looks to be a nice, worn sterling silver. I also wonder who kept the ring.

Oh yeah! That US ordnance bit was good! LOL!!!!!

If you remove the stone, his Ovaltine decoder ring shows:

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
<snip>
Less than two weeks ago, the United States conducted a drone strike over central Yemen, killing one al-Qaeda operative. The strike was the last under Obama (that we know of). The 542 drone strikes that Obama authorized killed an estimated 3,797 people, including 324 civilians. As he reportedly told senior aides in 2011: “Turns out I’m really good at killing people. Didn’t know that was gonna be a strong suit of mine.”
<snip>

Hey - it's okay ... Bury Obama has a Nobel Peace Prize.

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
I hope we kill Ayatollah Ali Khamenei too. There is a sizeable pro-democracy movement within Iran that will likely rise up and support us if we invade and occupy the country. I suspect we will only need a few thousand ground troops initially as the Iranians will surrender in droves and accept any transitional government we put in place.

Iranians are patriotic like any other citizens. Invading Iran will not be easy and will not make friends.
It looks like Trump plans to keep applying pressure and destabilize the current government while at the same time offering to support and help a replacement government. If there is sufficient unrest in the country, the leadership there could eventually see this as a profitable way forward and become more moderate.

Listening to a local radio program and one of things they brought up: Since DJT became President, the Iranian economy has shrank almost 15% which in turns puts massive pressure on the Iranian people, which in turn puts pressure on their "government".

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“…French Secretary of State for European Affairs Amélie de Montchalin told RTL radio on Friday that 'we have woken up to a more dangerous world.'

Pompeo fired back on CNN. 'Yeah, well, the French are just wrong about that,' he said. 'The world's a much safer place today, and I can assure you Americans in the region are much safer today, after the demise of Qassem Soleimani.' …”

https://mol.im/a/7848993

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
“…French Secretary of State for European Affairs Amélie de Montchalin told RTL radio on Friday that 'we have woken up to a more dangerous world.'

That's been the theme all day today from the Left/MSM: CRAZY ORANGE BAD MAN making the world a more dangerous, unstable place. Puhleeze! Roll Eyes

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I hope we kill Ayatollah Ali Khamenei too. There is a sizeable pro-democracy movement within Iran that will likely rise up and support us if we invade and occupy the country. I suspect we will only need a few thousand ground troops initially as the Iranians will surrender in droves and accept any transitional government we put in place.

Iranians are patriotic like any other citizens. Invading Iran will not be easy and will not make friends.
It looks like Trump plans to keep applying pressure and destabilize the current government while at the same time offering to support and help a replacement government. If there is sufficient unrest in the country, the leadership there could eventually see this as a profitable way forward and become more moderate.

Every Iranian I’ve talked to here in the US has told me the Iranian people have been hoping for the US to liberate them for years. The only resistance we would face is by the ayatollahs and their regime. The Iranian people live in fear of their govt.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

The French? The very same people that led the campaign to depose Muammar al-Qaddafi? Uh huh.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pompeo fired back on CNN. 'Yeah, well, the French are just wrong about that,' he said. 'The world's a much safer place today, and I can assure you Americans in the region are much safer today, after the demise of Qassem Soleimani.' …”

https://mol.im/a/7848993

The French are whores. They only want to make money selling their shit to Iran. They couldn’t care less about anything else.

https://lobelog.com/france-and...re-back-to-business/

———————————————

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I would just like to point out the dangers in legitimizing RT as a news organization. They cannot be trusted, and shouldn't be quoted. Yes, they cover news stories, but they also are a puppet of the Putin regime. The best spreader of bad information is the one that on the outside seems legitimate.

Read below for more information.

https://time.com/rt-putin/

I don't know how much I would trust Time who wrote that article.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The Iranian people live in fear of their govt.
And they can continue to live in fear of their government as far as I'm concerned. If they want to live free its up to them to solve their problem, not us. The US doesn't need any more stupid, costly, endeavors in that region of the world. In the meantime, I like this surgical, drone initiated, elimination of the vermin in the region. I'm sure a whole bunch of Iranian 'leaders' are sleeping with one eye open at night.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
And they can continue to live in fear of their government as far as I'm concerned. If they want to live free its up to them to solve their problem, not us. The US doesn't need any more stupid, costly, endeavors in that region of the world. In the meantime, I like this surgical, drone initiated, elimination of the vermin in the region. I'm sure a whole bunch of Iranian 'leaders' are sleeping with one eye open at night.

My post shouldn’t be taken as supporting an invasion of Iran.

———————————————

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, hey, even we had help from the French when we were fighting the British for independence.

But first, of course, the Iranian people need to take the lead and prove that they truly want freedom.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Key message from today's press conference by Secretary Of Defense Mark T. Esper and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark A. Milley:
quote:
“So the – the game has changed and we’re prepared to do what is necessary to defend our personnel, and our interests and our partners in the region,” Esper said.

Milley added that if Iranian-backed forces again try to attack U.S. interests in the area, in particular the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, that “there is sufficient combat power there, air and ground, that anyone who attempts to overrun that will run into a buzz saw.”

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

Well, hey, even we had help from the French when we were fighting the British for independence.

But first, of course, the Iranian people need to take the lead and prove that they truly want freedom.

There it is. Now we'll see if the Iranian people are willing to die for their freedom.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Every Iranian I’ve talked to here in the US has told me the Iranian people have been hoping for the US to liberate them for years. The only resistance we would face is by the ayatollahs and their regime. The Iranian people live in fear of their govt.

Similar to what was said of the Libyans, Syrians, Iraqis etc. before invading or getting involved on the ground. It should be pretty clear by now that things are not as they seem to those outside of these countries.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Batter up!"

Soleimani's successor threatens U.S.
http://www.israelnationalnews....ews/News.aspx/274059

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Freedom isn't imbued by others. It is earned.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
From Sigmonkey’s link:

quote:
"Everyone should be patient a little to see the bodies of American soldiers all over the Middle East," said Ghaani. "Without a doubt, Iran and other peace-loving countries in the area will take revenge," he promised.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s going to go down like that. I mean, call it a hunch, but our President doesn’t read from the conventional playbook.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post