SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What will you have on your hot dog?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will you have on your hot dog? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
I live in Wis. and we have great hot dog joints. A proper hot dog consist of a Vienna style dog, steamed bun, mustard, onion ,relish,tomato and a slice of a good dill pickle. A couple of years ago we bought a winter place in Florida. One day while out getting familiar with the neighborhood we spot a "Chicago Style" HD joint. My wife and I thought GREAT lets have lunch. It consisted of a dry bun, an Oscar Meyer type HD, mustard, onion and KETCHUP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap did that suck. And don't get me started on pizza down there.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would go with mustard, NY style onions in Tomato sauce and American or Cheddar cheese.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
What is a Vienna style dog?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
If he means a Vienna Sausage, I'll pass.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
A manufacturer of an all-beef dog.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:
A manufacturer of an all-beef dog.

Must be a local brand. I've not seen it in stores here. I usually get Bar-S or Ballpark all-beef dogs.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Mustard, sauerkraut(no rye!), pickled peppers on mine.

Posts: 5142 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mustard, or chili, but not both.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Just because I like ketchup on my hot dog doesn't mean that I care what your opinion on the subject is.

Ketchup, mustard and onions or Chili, cheese and onions are what I usually have or a Chicago dog if I go to Portillos.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
This relish is great on a hot dog, and is made in my town.
https://www.unclemaynards.com/about-us.html
I go through bottles of this stuff.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Rate the difference between their 'hot' and 'mild'. Relish looks good but I don't want something that too hot.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Rate the difference between their 'hot' and 'mild'. Relish looks good but I don't want something that too hot.

I actually don't find their hot relish hot at all, but then I think jalapenos aren't that hot. I've never had anything but their hot, so I can't compare them.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Mustard, Chili, Slaw.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miracle Whip/mayo + chopped onions; the dog, preferably a “Polish” dog.......don’t @ me Cool

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I was looking at that Maynards relish and thought about placing an order until I saw their Hot and Mild choice. A relish on the spicy side might be good but I certainly don't want a hot dog relish to be Hot in any way. I think I will hold off.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
chili cheese fried onion. When i am in a rush sweet relish hot mister mustard

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am tempted to try some of the Maynard's hot relish, but I have been getting Mrs. Renfro's hot chow-chow out of Texas for years.....I guess if it ain't broke....

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post