SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What will you have on your hot dog?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will you have on your hot dog? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
How ya dressin' it? You want Reese's Pieces? Creamed corn? You got it, though I wouldn't recommend either. The point is you can have whatever you want.

Really, what'll ya have on your dog?

You will want hot dogs today. Yes, you can have more than one.

Sides? How 'bout sides? If you say steak, I'll give you such a pinch.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skyline Chili, Onions, Mustard and an heap of finely shredded Cheddar Cheese please.

For the sides... Diet Coke and Coleslaw.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Chili, mustard and onions is my current go to with hot dogs.

Back in a previous life it was sauerkraut, Sabrett onions in tomato sauce and mustard. The hot dog would have been a dirty water dog from a NYC vending cart.

Coleslaw for a side dish.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is mustard and diced raw white onions. Second choice is chili (without beans).

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Grilled onions, mustard, and ketchup.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#1: Plochmans mustard , 50/50 chili ,fresh shredded cheddar cheese.

#2 : onion, sauerkraut, Plochmans mustard, Heinz catsup .

Hires root beer on ice,
Thanks

Both on a poppy seed roll

Served on a cardboard tray , five rows deep behind the third base dug out,
On a 70 degree, sunny day .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Raw diced onions and shredded cheddar cheese.

But the bun matters more than the toppings.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Chicago dog all the way please. I could crush a couple of those right now. And no sides necessary. Just a tall glass of ice cold beer.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
My wife is Brazilian, so she makes them Brazilian style. She boils the hot dogs in water with a can of tomato paste. She adds sliced onions and bell peppers with the boil.

After the dogs are done, I personally use mayo on the bottom, then the dog, then the bell peppers and onions, topped off with canned corn (cold), Ketchup and drizzled with shoestring fries. My mom like to add relish as well, but I save relish for American dogs.

Looks a lot like this...

Just do a search on Brazilian hot dogs to see a different take.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Just plain mustard. All that other stuff distracts from a quality dog. And not too much mustard.

Good dogs are at the lunch wagon in front of Jerry's in Eugene. http://betterheadforjerrys.com/

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
While I appreciate the simplicity of the mustard only crowd, a true Chicago dog is a thing of beauty. While it looks too busy and complicated, the balance of flavor and texture is perfect.

Just dive in and don’t be afraid of making a mess.

Now I’m hungry.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Mustard,sweet relish,diced onions and shredded sharp cheddar on mine please. Sides of Bush's bourbon beans, crispy crinkle cut fries,and an ice cold Coke.

Posts: 790 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Chopped sweet onions, sweet relish and mustard. Hell, now I'm hungry!

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
German brown mustard and chopped white onions. Sometimes sauerkraut, sometimes horseradish. Too much of any of that and the bun turns to mush. Nobody wants mushy buns.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like coleslaw on my dogs on occasion

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Just plain mustard. All that other stuff distracts from a quality dog. And not too much mustard.
Yep. Just French's classic yellow mustard. I boil the dogs in water and then broil them in the oven, toasting the bun in the oven, too.

I do like sauerkraut on the side, though (but not on the dog).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am with the big deal-Chicago dog all the way!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Depends on the day.

I like a good chilli dog with cheese and onions, but some days I want mustard, ketchup, relish, and onions. I also like a good Chicago dog, or one with saurkraut and onions with some dijon mustard. I'm pretty ecumenical with my hot dogs, but they've gotta have toppings...the more the better.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Brown mustard and fresh horseradish. Basket of crisp fries And some vinegar coleslaw

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Mustard and chili, please. Sometimes a spicy deli mustard like Guldens, and once in a while diced onions, but a fat meaty dog and the right chili flavor is everything. Griddle cooked is best, grill is ok.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post