SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The avatar collection grows ...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The avatar collection grows ... Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted
The next planned avatar hosting event is the week of November 11 2020.

If you are a vet and want your image cropped, sized, and hosted NOW, email image and username via my SIGforum profile address. Higher resolution is always better.

https://avatarhost.wordpress.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Woodman,

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
That is awesome, sir - thank you!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Thank you.... Now to find a suitable avatar....

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That was quick; thanks again.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

You're welcome! What's this image? I should know, I'm sure ...

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:

You're welcome! What's this image? I should know, I'm sure ...

As you probably know, the various “branches” of the Army each have their own insignias: Infantry is crossed rifles, ordnance a flaming bomb, finance a stylized strongbox, etc.

Until a few years ago, the eagle and wreath was the branch insignia for all warrant officers. That was actually somewhat strange because unlike other officers who are supposed to be generalists to a degree and usually must even serve in secondary fields during their careers, warrant officers are supposed to be highly-qualified experts in a single field and seldom change their specialties. So, if anyone should have been identified by specific branch insignia, it should have been warrant officers, and that’s what finally happened some years ago.

I, however, retired before that change and during my entire time as a warrant officer, I wore the above insignia on my uniform blouse and service hat (other officers wore the US Great Seal eagle on their hats). If the current rules had been in effect during my career, I would have first worn the branch insignia for military intelligence (rose, stylized sun, dagger) and later the crossed flintlock pistols of the military police branch.

Still glad you asked? Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still glad you asked? Wink

Sorry I didn't ask sooner!

Here's another version ... https://avatarhost.files.wordp...le-wreath.jpeg?w=660

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
That's very nice of you to help those who are not so tech savy. I was able to finally figure it out myself.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Oooh, thank you so very much.

I'm going to email you my dozen avatars and my desired schedule of rotation for each of them. And while the schedule is monthly, I need the rotation to be based on the Julian calendar please.

I'll be sending soon as I post this.

(just kidding)

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Very cool offer. Thank you.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Pretty nifty.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Jim!

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Actually, if you have a folder of avatars, I can batch-resize them to 60 x whatever, and drag them all into https://avatarhost.wordpress.com

They will have their own links in perpetuity.

No need for the service, but cool man. Way to be a decent guy. Thank you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim, appreciate the offer.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of logrusmaster
posted Hide Post
I'm not in the need of the service but, this does give me an idea of something maybe I could offer to the forum.

I have been "running" a wordpress blog for a while now and while I always seem to have lots of topics to right about for what I normally work on, I never quite get the motivation to write about them...

Are there any computer related topics the people of sigforum might like some guides on how to do complete with images? If there are I would be happy to take on the task of maybe building out-some guides for computer stuff and putting them in one easy to get to spot.

-------------------------
If not me then who? If not now then when?

Posts: 618 | Location: Earth | Registered: August 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by logrusmaster:
I'm not in the need of the service but, this does give me an idea of something maybe I could offer to the forum.

I have been "running" a wordpress blog for a while now and while I always seem to have lots of topics to right about for what I normally work on, I never quite get the motivation to write about them...

Are there any computer related topics the people of sigforum might like some guides on how to do complete with images? If there are I would be happy to take on the task of maybe building out-some guides for computer stuff and putting them in one easy to get to spot.

Yes, how to put those meme's in here and what size they need to be. Maybe I missed the how to on that in here. I have figured out to use the tubeit karmanator for youtube stuff. But people drop all kinds of cool stuff in their posts.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Awesome thank you

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Pfft! You call that a collection? Razz

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Pfft! You call that a collection? Razz

Oh, guess that means you did not find the "hidden links" to non-password-protected private pages? Wink

Thanks, everyone who has thanked me. A group thanks. The avatar links should stay up forever.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I just have to think of an avatar that I want Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post