SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The avatar collection grows ...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The avatar collection grows ... Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I just have to think of an avatar that I want Smile

Although I hear this one is gaining popularity. Big Grin

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Mine got janked up when I switched to Mac, the curse breaking goat during the Series. I'll shoot you the file if you would be so kind as Photobucket has become a PITA to log in to.

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Mine got janked up when I switched to Mac

Good to see you have it up already. I like the square one myself, but choice is good.

Yea, I got tired of photobucket jerking me around.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
My computer says that the email addy in your profile is not a valid address.

I guess I am just not supposed to have an Avatar.

Bob :-(

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4600 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You the man! Many Thanks

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Looks like many thanks are in order.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4600 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
You've got mail from me.

Thank you for your generosity!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11156 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
... The avatar links should stay up forever.
My friend, I don't want to cause issues because I like everyone here. I'm just not sure that's possible. I've often annoyingly preached that free services often go defunct. I'm sure that wordpress has a huge group of supporters so that will be a long time before it happens. Unfortunately, in this case I think that this one may be shorter-lived due to it being against the wordpress user guidelines.

https://en.support.wordpress.com/user-guidelines/ (see section titled "Hotlinking to WordPress.com"). All it will take is for someone to notice a huge amount of traffic to a single site on their host's visitor logs and it could get shut down witout notice. It may be worth the effort to look for alternative services such as setting up a small host for yourself. It's not difficult and it's not mission critical and there are tons of folks here that can help you set it up.

I feel that I may have come off as being critical but that's not the case. Maybe annoyingly realistic would be more apt. In apologizing, I would like to maybe try to help if I have the ability.

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123: All it will take is for someone to notice a huge amount of traffic to a single site on their host's visitor logs and it could get shut down witout notice.

Can't wait for that to happen to my americantoolbox blog. That's when I self host! Cool $$$$$

Seeing how avatar traffic is confined to SIGforum and stats show relatively light use, I would guess there is little issue.

People have been obsessively linking to a Morton Salt Girl image on AmericanToolbox for several years. From all over the world. No issues so far. Wordpress actually likes my blog because it is written without profit in mind and has fresh original content weekly.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123: All it will take is for someone to notice a huge amount of traffic to a single site on their host's visitor logs and it could get shut down witout notice.

Can't wait for that to happen to my americantoolbox blog. That's when I self host! Cool $$$$$

Seeing how avatar traffic is confined to SIGforum and stats show relatively light use, I would guess there is little issue.

People have been obsessively linking to a Morton Salt Girl image on AmericanToolbox for several years. From all over the world. No issues so far. Wordpress actually likes my blog because it is written without profit in mind and has fresh original content weekly.
Carry on, then, my friend.

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
You've got mail from me.

Thank you for your generosity!

The space monkey lives.

Thank you again my good man!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11156 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A little help please?
Thx!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
A little help please?
Thx!

Like this? I pulled out the white background as well as squared it up (the cleat got slightly cropped) and dropped to 60x60.

https://avatarhost.files.wordp...16/11/chellim1-1.gif

Or leave the white, don't crop, and drop it to 60x57

https://avatarhost.files.wordp...7/03/chellim1-21.gif

Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Thank you for doing this!!!

phil

Posts: 2393 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
My computer says that the email addy in your profile is not a valid address.

I guess I am just not supposed to have an Avatar.

Bob :-(

You need to eliminate the spaces between the @ symbol. I had to do that with mine also. I see yours was taken care of. Maybe this will help someone else.

phil

Posts: 2393 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
BUMP

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Woodman

This is very nice of you, what I would like to use is the old school SIG logo. If that finds it way on your hosted site I would love to leverage it!

HK Ag

Posts: 3533 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Testing my newly hosted avatar pic.

Thank you, Woodman!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20023 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I have mine (the one shown currently, on the left) on Photobucket, so would really appreciate a new home for it before I lose it. Thanks!

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Can you host my phallic, studded for her pleasure, one eyed, monster.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post