Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lil Kim Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
They can not get functioning nuclear weapons or ballistic missiles to deliver them. Bad for south korea but it needs to be stopped and contained on the korean peninsula.

Iran is part and parcel to this madness.

obamas multi-billion dollar cash pay off to iran 20 months ago is the reason for nk's string of recent nuclear success's.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
NK only discovered The Wheel last week - so who is giving them all the Tech?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:

Remember Obama doing nothing in Ukraine?
Guess where the rocket engines came from.
Guess who is missing warheads.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39757 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:

It's not exactly new. We've had them for 50+ years. That's a long time for information to spread or be sold.

Posts: 8958 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I doubt the NORKORs set off a true hydrogen bomb (implosion-based fusion weapon).

It is far more likely this was a boosted weapon using either tritium or lithium deuteride. This is one of the many stepping stones we trod getting from the Fat Man design to Ivy Mike.

I say this because the NORKORs invested heavily in refining and production of lithium 6 and lithium deuteride. I also note the BBC reports the blast effect as "10 times stronger" than previous blasts, putting it in the 50-100kt range, typical of a boosted design.

Mind you, this is still dangerous weaponry for that unstable psychopath to have, but it's not the same as the 5 mt and 25 mt warheads we and the Soviets built and stuck on ICBMs as city killers.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I find it hard to tell if some of you guys really think that Kim and NK are no threat and are just playing with Tinker Toys and Erector Sets over there.

They just detonated a hydrogen bomb. Let that sink in.

If we don't force China (and others) to do something and do it NOW, war it is going to be and hundreds of thousands will die, including no less than 28,000 Americans in SK.

There is no good solutions there. No matter what action or inaction we take, he is leading us all towards war. I don't see any diplomatic solutions at this point, all previous attempts were later revoked.

I don't know the next steps, whatever they are, they are certainly not good.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
There is no good solutions there.

There is, but our "partner," China, won't take the necessary steps.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
'They only understand one thing': Trump comes out fighting and agrees to 'military response' after 'rogue' North Korea celebrates its most powerful nuclear test ever and sparks huge earthquake
Trump warns North Korea talks 'will not work' after bomb
Donald Trump has dismissed attempts to 'appease' North Korea and warned that the rogue state's officials 'only understand one thing' in a string of tweets following the detonation of a hydrogen bomb in the country. In a series of messages made around 7:45am Sunday, the president wrote: 'North Korea has conducted a major Nuclear Test. Their words and actions continue to be very hostile and dangerous to the United States. 'North Korea is a rogue nation which has become a great threat and embarrassment to China, which is trying to help but with little success. 'South Korea is finding, as I have told them, that their talk of appeasement with North Korea will not work, they only understand one thing!' That came as US and South Korean officials agreed to make a military response to the North Korean threat 'as soon as possible', Yonhap, South Korea's biggest news agency reported. The 100 kiloton bomb (pictured inset: military technology seen in North Korean state photo) was detonated just after midnight EST Sunday, and caused an earthquake measuring 6.3 on the nine-point Richter Scale.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...s-not-work-bomb.html

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
Put pressure on the leash holder. China needs the US to keep their economy rolling.

First week 10% tariff on all Chinese products imported, next week another 10%, third week another 10%.

Chinese banks laundering NK money, no business with us.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neel:
Put pressure on the leash holder. China needs the US to keep their economy rolling.

First week 10% tariff on all Chinese products imported, next week ...

What that'll mainly accomplish is two things: Raising the cost of goods to American consumers and encouraging China to respond with their own punitive measures.

It would be far better, IMO, to change U.S. laws to encourage manufacturing here and discourage taking it offshore. Anywhere offshore. Import tariffs can be part of that solution, but not the sole solution, IMO.

That could have the "secondary" benefit of improving quality. Not only are Chinese manufacturer and producer quality controls often all but non-existent, but products from that country regularly arrive having purposely been made with substandard or tainted materials.

Tertiary benefit: We slow our funding of China's military expansion.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I doubt the NORKORs set off a true hydrogen bomb (implosion-based fusion weapon).

It is far more likely this was a boosted weapon using either tritium or lithium deuteride. This is one of the many stepping stones we trod getting from the Fat Man design to Ivy Mike.

I say this because the NORKORs invested heavily in refining and production of lithium 6 and lithium deuteride. I also note the BBC reports the blast effect as "10 times stronger" than previous blasts, putting it in the 50-100kt range, typical of a boosted design.

Mind you, this is still dangerous weaponry for that unstable psychopath to have, but it's not the same as the 5 mt and 25 mt warheads we and the Soviets built and stuck on ICBMs as city killers.

He has the ability to build and deliver 20-100kt device and has threatened several times to do so.

That is far beyond "my" red line.

If my hostile neighbor buys a firearm, publicly threatens to come over and shoot me when he thinks he has good reason to do so, and fires rounds in his back yard, you think I give a shit if he's packing a .22 or a .50 BMG?

BTW. Thermonuclear devices sized to fit a missile can be low as < 1kt to 1mt (reasonable given the information that has been stolen and with the capability of NORK with assistance, that they surly have.)

And all that is needed for a successful test of a thermonuclear device, is the functioning of the primary, and the success of the secondary to yield what was configured. So a very low test, will ensure that the function of configuration at a higher yield is "nearly perfect theoretical).

Having a device that can range from several kt to near megaton range only need be tested on the low end.

100kt (est #6 test yield) is not anything I want dropped on my country or an allies.

And I remember the talk when the first few tests were initiated and all the hoopla about it only being a pile of TNT and that NORK did not detonate any atomic devices, until it was realized they did.

And folks brush of low yield.

I was in weapons testing and development. I dealt with the theory and effects to include after event calculating fallout rates, affected area predictions, work/rest cycles and surviving to complete tasks related to aircraft maintenance, launch and recovery operations and the facilities management of personnel.

For the same reason many of us carry the biggest firearm we can, with as much ammo as is reasonable, I want my country to have the biggest and best it can field, because not having one when you need one is the wrong time to try and obtain one.

It's just a matter of time before some nutcase drops an atomic turd in the world's punchbowl.

Then the party changes.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Interesting timing since the late July/early August announcement banning U.S. travel to NK, and a evacuation of U.S. citizens by September 1st.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I find it hard to tell if some of you guys really think that Kim and NK are no threat and are just playing with Tinker Toys and Erector Sets over there.

They just detonated a hydrogen bomb. Let that sink in.

I understand there is nothing funny about it, but honestly, there is not much I can do about that situation other than praying, and trusting in God, President Trump, and Secretary Mattis (in that order) that it will work out.

I am very concerned for our armed forces, their families, and the people of South Korea and Japan. I think Sec. Mattis summed it up when he said we would win, but the cost would be terrible.

Somehow, I do not believe it will come to that. I suspect Lil Kim will meet his Maker before that happens. How, I am not sure.

The timing of the latest test may prove helpful, even though the test itself is bad for a host of reasons. China does not like to be embarrassed, especially at a critical time.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
This just in from Mad Dog:

https://youtu.be/U1kvpW4i_LM

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/U1kvpW4i_LM

"We are not looking to the total annihilation of a country..."

Chilling!

If I were Lil Kim my asshole would be squeezed so tight that you couldn't drive a straight pin up it with a sledge hammer.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Russia is watching with great interest.

If we don't deal directly or indirectly through partner countries with Kim, Putin will see it as US weakness and he'll make a move in the Ukraine area.

If we see to it that Kim is removed, Putin and Iran won't have it so easy in their world endeavors.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Ha !

So answer this question: Why in the hell is there an agreement with NATO/US whatever that SK and Japan can't build weapons to defend themselves ?

It seems like if they can, then it's the SKs and Japan's fault for not being able to defend themselves ! Yes, no ? I'm sure it's more complicated than that as it always is, but what the hell ? Why do WE have to defend Japan and SK ? If SK is in NATO, ok, but WHY to WE have to do ALL the heavy lifting for fucking EVERYONE else ???

China is so morally bereft, I don't expect anything from them.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Why do WE have to defend Japan and SK? If SK is in NATO, ok, but WHY to WE have to do ALL the heavy lifting for fucking EVERYONE else ???

Did you miss history class?

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:...WHY to WE have to do ALL the heavy lifting for fucking EVERYONE else ??? ...

In the most simple explanation, it is because it is in our national interest and we convinced the members of these alliances to allow us to have a foot on everyone of our enemies front porch.

We can talk all around it and use terms like "local stability" and "joint defense", but the bottom line is we want to keep the shithouse out of our kitchen.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't pretend to know what all our options are; but I do know that Kim can no longer be tolerated. We have seen this scenario play out in history too many times.

Time to take out the trash.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post