SIGforum
What Is The Key To Happiness?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8620089054

December 17, 2018, 05:53 PM
konata88
What Is The Key To Happiness?
Sadly, I know neither the key nor happiness. I've had a relatively good life. But I can't say it's been a happy one. It hasn't been sad or angry either. I just wouldn't call it happy. Perhaps someday I'll find it and answer this poll.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
December 17, 2018, 06:15 PM
cslinger
I always thought it was to crush your enemies and see them driven before you? And of course to hear the lamentation of their women. Smile

Seriously though I go with God with a healthy dose of pesky free will throwing a monkey in the wrench.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
December 17, 2018, 07:34 PM
Chris42
Happiness is linked to attitude and gratitude.

Each of us individually has an ability to choose to be happy.

Granted there are people that can be jealous of your happiness and try to knock it down. Leftists and Liberals seem to fall in here.

I would not categorize myself as a “happy” person, rather I am a serious person with many happy times. Friends and success at whatever I am currently working on give me happiness.

Helping others in need is a source of happiness for me.

Having been blessed in so many ways, I find personal reward/happiness in “paying it forward”.

Part of the way I do this is by being the neighbor I would want to live next to.
December 17, 2018, 08:23 PM
mike_jackmin
I'll be the fourth to vote for gratitude.

Gratitude is the raw stuff from which happiness is made. It's impossible to be happy while feeling ungrateful.

I'll add that happiness is a consequence of one's attitude being properly adapted to one's reality.
December 17, 2018, 09:08 PM
fpuhan
Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
December 17, 2018, 09:25 PM
sigmonkey
I've got a brand new pair of roller skates...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
December 17, 2018, 09:42 PM
Wolfpacker
Your “One Thing”. Courtesy of Curly (Jack Palance) in City Slickers.
December 18, 2018, 07:31 AM
Chris42
Sometimes happiness is only realized on reflection. While in the middle of doing something that makes you happy you can be totally absorbed by the event. Afterward, thinking back about it you think “I was happy then”.

In my case I am a teacher and love teaching (shop). My time with the students in the classroom & shop are very happy memories. Especially rewarding was at the end of the semester reflecting on the growth of the students, how far they had come.
December 18, 2018, 07:37 AM
vmtz
Be grateful, do good for others even if it is just giving a smile. Take time, even if just a second, to see joy and beauty in your surroundings and life.

Vince
December 18, 2018, 08:07 AM
TMats
My daughter sent this video to me several years ago. I shared it at a Leadership Team meeting at work and most seemed to enjoy it as much as I did. Please take a few minutes and watch it

December 18, 2018, 12:29 PM
bendable
knowing your limitations
learning from your mistakes and utilizing that knowledge in the future.

and in my case
the love of a wonderful woman that
reminds me of my limitations and
my mistakes so I utilize that knowledge

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
December 23, 2018, 06:56 PM
Chris42
Happiness is not a goal, it is a by product.

- Eleanor Roosevelt
December 23, 2018, 07:17 PM
stickman428
I wish I knew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
December 23, 2018, 07:21 PM
henryarnaud
Comfortable shoes.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes
December 23, 2018, 11:03 PM
whanson_wi
For me, the pursuit of happiness is Freedom, Risk, and Opportunity.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
December 23, 2018, 11:25 PM
ds1962
Jesus:He is the key(source) to happiness and joy, plus Heaven.
Not being "religious" here, just honest and truthful. Good timing. It's Christmas also.
Merry Christmas!

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

December 24, 2018, 12:14 AM
HERITAGE
Perspective. Gratitude. You can let the tough times forge you into who you are meant to be, or let then break you. It's your choice, and nobody else's. The tough times make the sweet moments that much sweeter. Do your best to lift up your loved ones and friends around you. Those acts will pay you immense dividends in happiness, sometimes when you least expect it, in ways that you can't anticipate.
December 24, 2018, 12:41 AM
mlazarus
Gratitude. Without a doubt, the people who have the highest overall life satisfaction, are those who practice gratitude. Find the things in life for which you are thankful, and you will find true, and lasting happiness.

Ignem Feram
December 24, 2018, 12:55 AM
2000Z-71
My dad's theory was that there were three things in life to make one happy; family, finances and professional life. His contention was having any 2 out of the 3 going well was happiness.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
December 24, 2018, 04:05 AM
sigmoid
-Knowing where your going to spend eternity and why

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.