SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm Login/Join 
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
let's see, Irish, asian's, swede's, pole's, czech's, german's,

when you think about it, isn't it just their turn ?

it seems like there should be at least 6,000,000 people here that could scrape up $12,000,000 per year for three or four years to help them get on their feet and become productive American citizens

I'm told thst im an unsociable weirdo, so it would make sense that your being sarcastic and im just missing than nuance to your post.

Because if your not, id like to point out that those Irish, German, Polish, etc immigrants came in legally.

I think ive kicked in enough already to support illegal border jumping third world criminal heathens.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it was presented to me this way at breakfast ,

I sensed that the conversation was going to get political, so I changed the subject.

How about those Hawkeye's !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
He has suggested "giving them a chance" a few times now. I'm inclined to to believe he is serious.

Giving them a chance was never an option for the USA, they just pour over the border unchecked and leech.

When I watch the news, seems like 60% of the crime is committed by Mexicans. They're not welcome.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Bendable -

Your breakfast companions must really suck.

Besides the legal/illegal aspect, there is also a difference in immigration before the welfare state was established.
Coming here to start over and to build a new life by your own efforts: GOOD
Coming here to attach yourself to a government teat: BAD

A welfare state next to a 3rd world country with open borders: What could go wrong?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The Reconquista ("reconquest") is a term that is used (not exclusively) to describe the vision by different individuals, groups, and/or nations that the Southwestern United States should be politically or culturally conquered by Mexico. These opinions are often formed on the basis that those territories had been claimed by Spain for centuries and had been claimed by Mexico from 1821 until being ceded to the United States in the Texas annexation (1845) and the Mexican Cession (1848), as a consequence of the Mexican–American War.[1]

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dick is 93 and fought in a couple of wars,
every now and then during ceremonies ,he gets that 1000 yard stare and tears up.

they asked him to fire a rifle as a salute during a burial, he declined ,

" I did all the shooting that needed to be done"

He was on the volunteer fire dept. for 12 years , and gave a family a 12 y.o. pick up when he saw theirs burn up in a fire.

His wife passed four years ago, and two neighbor ladies take turns cleaning his house , just for buying them breakfast.

one of his children calls him on friday ,the other one calls him on Mondays, from out of state.

He's polite,generous and finds a way to compliment almost everyone he meets.

He buys half a dozen coats and mittens for the
grade school kids who would be going with out, for some reason or another.

I'll take half a dozen sucky friends like that , thanks

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A % will truly want to become Americans & fully assimilate to become great citizens. The remaining % are here for free stuff & will never become proud Americans. This is an invasion.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like your friend is a better man than John McStain was, bendable, so thank him for his kindness and, as you did, change the topic.

There are plenty of veterans out there who still don't get it on many topics, which is why I don't consider military service to be a qualifier for political office, and in fact may be a disqualifier. As we used to say in the 1960's, "War is bad for children and other living things." Your friend obviously suffered more than his share.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9159 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's polite,generous and finds a way to compliment almost everyone he meets.He buys half a dozen coats and mittens for the grade school kids who would be going with out, for some reason or another.

He sounds like a fine gentleman, but his heart is in the wrong place on this one. These people are NOT simply destitute folks looking for a new beginning; they are an invading horde bent on forced entry into our (his) country. If he wants to help southern "neighbors", let him donate, or volunteer.

These people are NOT welcome under the present circumstances.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
The heart isn't the best place from which to draw policy ideas. What feels good rarely tends to end well.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

My arch nemesis is the good idea fairy. Flittering around sprinkling good ideas everywhere. The most common thing in the world is a guy with "good ideas" about a subject he has limited knowledge of.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
I have compassion for people wanting to escape a 3rd world shithole.
Many of them are hard workers that aren’t looking for handouts.
They just want a chance at a better life for themselves and their families.

However, immigration to the US needs to be tightly controlled.
People coming here need to work and pull their own weight.
That, of course, applies to the people already here as well.
Pull your own fucking weight.

I support President Trump’s efforts to update our immigration laws and build a border wall.
I would also support some kind of guest worker VISA program for seasonal agricultural workers.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was reported on the news today the number on the caravan has shrunk to about 4000, almost half as the start. This is something I expected to happen. It may seem like a good idea at first but walking all day in the heat of Mexico could wear out anyone not to mention a gaggle of over weight and out of condition people.
In the Army in 62 a 5 mile road march could wear down a lot of us especially in a hot day and driving rain.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“An 18-year-old who claims to be a former member of the feared Latin mafia MS-13 has backed President Trump's controversial claim that the migrant caravan contains gangsters and criminals.

Trump has faced a barrage of criticism for insisting that the brutal Central American street gang's operatives are embedded in the sprawling human convoy.

However the 18-year-old, an orphan who says he was lured into the gang at 16, told DailyMail.com he knows of at least ten of his former MS-13 cohorts who are hiding out in the mass of disheveled migrants marching north through Mexico.

'I don't agree with anything Donald Trump stands for but on this occasion the President is right,' he warned. 'People who deny there are criminals in the caravan are being naive. MS-13 are everywhere – they contaminate everything.'  …”

https://dailym.ai/2PSQ9e6

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
quote:

it seems like there should be at least 6,000,000 people here that could scrape up $12,000,000 per year for three or four years to help them get on their feet and become productive American citizens

I'd like to point out that those Irish, German, Polish, etc immigrants came in legally.
Not only did they come in legally, they spent lots of time (in some case, months) at Ellis Island to insure that they were not disease-ridden.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Trump has faced a barrage of criticism for insisting that the brutal Central American street gang's operatives are embedded in the sprawling human convoy.

It is astronomically insane that leftists do not believe that there are most likely M13 or even terrorists in the caravan, these moronic pinheads won't even entertain the possibility. Thousands of people have been latching on to as the days go by. It is actually the perfect storm to get large numbers of gang members and terrorists into our country, surrounded and hidden by thousands of bodies.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Believing has nothing to do with it. They know it's true. They can't admit it though because it goes against their narrative.

The narrative must be protected at all costs. Truth is secondary.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The GDC/left/democrats don't care one whit about our republic...if that sorry bunch could snap their fingers and make America as we know it disappear...they would snap them twice just to make sure.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
quote:

I'd like to point out that those Irish, German, Polish, etc immigrants came in legally.
Not only did they come in legally, they spent lots of time (in some case, months) at Ellis Island to insure that they were not disease-ridden.

flashguy

And they had jobs waiting for them: Coal mines, railroad maintenance, textile mills, steel mills, road construction, etc...

And, there was NO welfare teet for them to suck on.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The whole immigration issue would not be nearly the problem it is if there were still a consensus that immigrants learn English and assimilate into the American culture.
Instead groups like La Raza denigrate American culture, talk about “Reconquista” as described above, and discourage assimilation.
It’s Leftist identity politics, with a strong anti-American ideology.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
The whole immigration issue would not be nearly the problem it is if there were still a consensus that immigrants learn English and assimilate into the American culture.
Instead groups like La Raza denigrate American culture, talk about “Reconquista” as described above, and discourage assimilation.
It’s Leftist identity politics, with a strong anti-American ideology.

Those people are coming in but coming in legally. That's something I wish I would hear Trump talk about more. That there is a legal way to come into the U.S. and while it may be a long bureaucratic process that he will find ways to make it more streamlined and less bureaucratic while maintaining the integrity of proper vetting.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post